1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Guests at Pools

Discussion in 'WDW Resort Hotels' started by TwisterMomma, Apr 21, 2017.

1. LeighM

LeighM Well-Known Member

Don't care because I never got my bikini bottoms in a bunch if a friend used a swimming pool with a guest of the resort. I would never know who was paying and who wasn't. I'm not the pool police much less the tennis court police or the arcade police. I'm too focused on having my own fun instead of worrying who was paying and who wasn't.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  2. RustySpork

RustySpork Well-Known Member

Look at all that bait. Aren't you special.

3. RustySpork

If you go play at your friend's HOA managed tennis court but you don't pay dues yourself, you should be arrested and go to prison. Like forever. You're a criminal of the worst kind, and a terrible person in general. For shame. :joyfull::rolleyes:

Alice a and Captain Barbossa like this.
  4. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with being "the police" or worrying about people getting caught. It's about people having self-respect. Mooching resort amenities where you're not a guest in clear violation of resort rules is a Cousin Eddie move.

Alternatively, if you really want to swim in the Wilderness Lodge pool, book a resort stay at the Wilderness Lodge and stop being a cheapskate.

For the record, none of this is directed at the OP. She was asking a sincere question. I'm just surprised that so many people are giving her exactly the wrong answer.

5. LeighM

LeighM Well-Known Member

I know right?! And who hasn't taken advantage of driving behind a speeding police car on the interstate LOL? Does that officer ever pull over and give the car behind him a ticket? Not to my knowledge :)

RustySpork likes this.
  6. CaptainAmerica

Um, most people?

7. CaptainAmerica

8. LeighM

LeighM Well-Known Member

Now you're really struggling to make your point :) It has nothing to do with self respect. You can't even make those judgments about people you don't even know and have never met. It's a huge leap of arrogance and condescending behavior. It's not mooching if you're a paying guest, you're having a friend or two to visit, you ask for permission from the staff, and it's granted.

9. RustySpork

This isn't even that. It's not like Op wouldn't be paying hundreds of dollars a night for the room. There's literally no entitlement, just "can I bring my mom to the pool with me, I'm a paid guest". Someone just shoved a stick so far up his own butt that it's coming out of his mouth err hands.

10. CaptainAmerica

You go ahead and try that. Ask an actual staff member who knows what they're talking about, a manager or above, and see if you get that permission.

11. LeighM

LeighM Well-Known Member

Not those that I've seen on the interstate LOL. People will never speed past one but you quickly see people change lanes to get behind that cop car :)

12. LeighM

LeighM Well-Known Member

For all I know, it was a manager in the lobby I spoke with. And even then the front line staff are given enough room to make decisions. That's why staff can give out fastpasses or certificates to replace clothing. So why do you think that the staff doesn't have the right to give an okay to using a pool? I was told not to use the main pool and to use a quiet pool. Sounds about right to me.

13. CaptainAmerica

Because there's no sign that says "staff aren't allowed to give out fastpasses or perform guest recovery on merch or F&B." If Disney (the people in charge) want staff to have leeway in a certain area, they wouldn't post signage expressly prohibiting it.

TheOrangeBird01 and Master Yoda like this.
  14. RustySpork

Bro, it's not 4/20 anymore so lay off the drugs. Nobody's telling OP to go to a pool that OP hasn't paid for. We're all responding to OP's question of can I bring my parents with me to the pool OP will be paying to use.

15. CaptainAmerica

No, they're telling OP to bring OP's parents and OP's friends to a pool they haven't paid for.

Master Yoda likes this.
  16. RustySpork

Maybe you should call your momma and cry to her about it.

Captain Barbossa likes this.
  17. CaptainAmerica

Brb, gotta run to CVS for some aloe to treat that nasty burn.

18. RustySpork

Don't get lost.

Captain Barbossa likes this.
  19. s&k'smom

s&k'smom Well-Known Member

Well this has turned into quite a conversation. Makes my slow Friday at work much better.

20. LeighM

LeighM Well-Known Member

It never hurts to ask staff if it would be okay. The worst that could happen is they say no. But if the OP wants to ask the staff if it's okay, and they give permission, then it's between them.