Guests at Pools

LeighM

Does the tennis court say "this tennis court is for the exclusive use of Disney's whatever resort guests"?

Don't care because I never got my bikini bottoms in a bunch if a friend used a swimming pool with a guest of the resort. I would never know who was paying and who wasn't. I'm not the pool police much less the tennis court police or the arcade police. I'm too focused on having my own fun instead of worrying who was paying and who wasn't.

Last edited:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
It's EXACTLY the same thing. I'm sorry if it offends your entitled, spoiled mentality, but this idea that resort amenities are free to the public is complete garbage. Part of what you're paying for when you spend $X for a resort hotel is access to that resort's amenities. People who DON'T pay for that service don't get access to it, plain and simple. If you don't like the analogy of stealing a t-**** because you can't wrap your head around the fact that a service and a product are fundamentally no different, consider the example of taking a cab ride and then running away without paying. Or sneaking through the gates of the Magic Kingdom without a ticket.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Look at all that bait. Aren't you special.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Just curious - do you have a problem with a friend playing tennis with a guest at one of the resorts that have a court? Or maybe playing in an arcade with a guest? Or do you just get this upset over swimming pools?

If you go play at your friend's HOA managed tennis court but you don't pay dues yourself, you should be arrested and go to prison. Like forever. You're a criminal of the worst kind, and a terrible person in general. For shame. :joyfull::rolleyes:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Don't care because I never got my panties in a bunch if a friend used a swimming pool with a guest of the resort. I would never know who was paying and who wasn't. I'm not the pool police much less the tennis court police or the arcade police. I'm too focused on having my own fun instead of worrying who was paying and who wasn't.
It has nothing to do with being "the police" or worrying about people getting caught. It's about people having self-respect. Mooching resort amenities where you're not a guest in clear violation of resort rules is a Cousin Eddie move.

If you go play at your friend's HOA managed tennis court but you don't pay dues yourself, you should be arrested and go to prison. Like forever. You're a criminal of the worst kind, and a terrible person in general. For shame. :joyfull::rolleyes:
Alternatively, if you really want to swim in the Wilderness Lodge pool, book a resort stay at the Wilderness Lodge and stop being a cheapskate.

For the record, none of this is directed at the OP. She was asking a sincere question. I'm just surprised that so many people are giving her exactly the wrong answer.

LeighM

I know right?! And who hasn't taken advantage of driving behind a speeding police car on the interstate LOL? Does that officer ever pull over and give the car behind him a ticket? Not to my knowledge :)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
9e486a748738105406aeb487789614c8.jpg

LeighM

It has nothing to do with being "the police" or worrying about people getting caught. It's about people having self-respect. Mooching resort amenities where you're not a guest in clear violation of resort rules is a Cousin Eddie move.

Now you're really struggling to make your point :) It has nothing to do with self respect. You can't even make those judgments about people you don't even know and have never met. It's a huge leap of arrogance and condescending behavior. It's not mooching if you're a paying guest, you're having a friend or two to visit, you ask for permission from the staff, and it's granted.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I know right?! And who hasn't taken advantage of driving behind a speeding police car on the interstate LOL? Does that officer ever pull over and give the car behind him a ticket? Not to my knowledge :)

This isn't even that. It's not like Op wouldn't be paying hundreds of dollars a night for the room. There's literally no entitlement, just "can I bring my mom to the pool with me, I'm a paid guest". Someone just shoved a stick so far up his own butt that it's coming out of his mouth err hands.

LeighM

You go ahead and try that. Ask an actual staff member who knows what they're talking about, a manager or above, and see if you get that permission.

For all I know, it was a manager in the lobby I spoke with. And even then the front line staff are given enough room to make decisions. That's why staff can give out fastpasses or certificates to replace clothing. So why do you think that the staff doesn't have the right to give an okay to using a pool? I was told not to use the main pool and to use a quiet pool. Sounds about right to me.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
For all I know, it was a manager in the lobby I spoke with. And even then the front line staff are given enough room to make decisions. That's why staff can give out fastpasses or certificates to replace clothing. So why do you think that the staff doesn't have the right to give an okay to using a pool? I was told not to use the main pool and to use a quiet pool. Sounds about right to me.
Because there's no sign that says "staff aren't allowed to give out fastpasses or perform guest recovery on merch or F&B." If Disney (the people in charge) want staff to have leeway in a certain area, they wouldn't post signage expressly prohibiting it.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
For the record, none of this is directed at the OP. She was asking a sincere question. I'm just surprised that so many people are giving her exactly the wrong answer.

Bro, it's not 4/20 anymore so lay off the drugs. Nobody's telling OP to go to a pool that OP hasn't paid for. We're all responding to OP's question of can I bring my parents with me to the pool OP will be paying to use.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom