Rumor Guest temp check at bag check?

Lilofan

But its entirely pointless. Why do it at all. What exactly are people signing? You can have the virus and show no symptoms so signing to say you are healthy is pointless unless you have had a test to show you are immunue through having it in the past, in which case you have a system similar to China where you get a government issued App the shows whether you are allowed out or not.
There are going to be critics and rightly so. But when Bob Iger goes on the record, it's eventually going to happen. Submit it to it or don't go.

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

Sign with your finger on the screen, security cast member wipes down after each guest. Takes 2 seconds.

Asymptomatic carrier breathes leaving viral particles mid-air. Infected.

zengoth

in which case you have a system similar to China where you get a government issued App the shows whether you are allowed out or not.
Is that what I had read about different colored "QR codes"? Brilliant use of tech or just a way of stigmatizing a portion of the population?

zengoth

That is the correct answer, yes. I also hear tell rumors about sheriff's dept. using app tech as a virtual "ankle bracelet" to keep violators from not honoring "safe at home". (sorry I cannot cite). But back to the QR - if you know you can't even visit Disney unless you have a green QR code, that weeds out many folks and the thermal imaging/temperature check is just a second line of defense. Our phones eventually become the digital version of "do you have your papers?"

MaryJaneP

We thought the AVERAGE body temp is 98.6 As an AVERAGE temperature, some are higher and some are lower and all measured temps AVERAGE out to 98.6 Not sure how the AVERAGE became the only acceptable normal temperature.

Lilofan

We thought the AVERAGE body temp is 98.6 As an AVERAGE temperature, some are higher and some are lower and all measured temps AVERAGE out to 98.6 Not sure how the AVERAGE became the only acceptable normal temperature.
My head would explode with the ever increasing prices for everything at WDW. Not a good time to take my temperature.

Josh Hendy

1 out of 4 people who got the virus likely got it from an asymtopatic carrier. These checks are nothing more than theater.
I think the theater isn't about the parks. The idea of Disney checking people's temperatures and then either ejecting them, sending them back to MCO or to a hospital, quarantining them in the resort or calling the police is absurd.

The theatrical showmanship going on here was Iger's. Most likely it was about things like propping up the share price, ensuring that Disney's corporate bond issue finds buyers, and maybe influencing the union negotiations to give them hope of an early return from furlough.

peter11435

I think the theater isn't about the parks. The idea of Disney checking people's temperatures and then either ejecting them, sending them back to MCO or to a hospital, quarantining them in the resort or calling the police is absurd.

The theatrical showmanship going on here was Iger's. Most likely it was about things like propping up the share price, ensuring that Disney's corporate bond issue finds buyers, and maybe influencing the union negotiations to give them hope of an early return from furlough.
Don’t forget temperature checks are in use in locations all over the world including at Shanghai Disneyland. They were also implemented at most major cruise lines before the shut down. So the theater has been actually implemented not just talked about.

Mr Mindcrime

If the "new normal" is temp checks (or more....) at all public gatherings from now on, I might think that this will hurt advance planning and sales. I can imagine that many folks will not plop down $3,000 or $5,000 or $10,000 to pay up front for a trip that might get scuttled at the gate if someone has a temperature.

DisneyCane

Asymptomatic carrier breathes leaving viral particles mid-air. Infected.

That animation is an uncovered cough so if masks were required you wouldn't get that result. Of course if people would cough into their elbow it wouldn't be an issue to start with.

Please point me to the study that took asymptomatic patients and studied the actual output of viral particles from breathing. Also, please point me to the study that has determined how many virus particles it takes to infect someone.

You keep making statements about asymptomatic spread that are not proven. Some asymptomatic lady infecting her family of 5 could be because she picks her nose and touches surfaces all over the apartment and have nothing to do with breathing. I'm not saying that is the explanation but no peer reviewed, scientific study has determined how this virus spreads.

HongKongFooy

Airports in Korea, China, and Singapore have checked temperatures of arriving passengers for a long time now. They use thermal-imaging cameras that can track several people at a time (as they walk by- no waiting in lines) and are very accurate. This is not theater—in fact, most people never realize their temperature is being checked.

Absolutely....... And you can add Philippines to the list. I've been walking through those scans with groups of 5, 10 or 20 at a time, which are placed very close to the arriving flights corridor and well before the customs/Bureau of Immigration kiosks checking passports and visas for years.

Disney could scan in bulk too.
Just intercepting 25% of obvious cases certainly helps. Yes, we know those without virus symptoms will pass undetected but I'll take the 10 to 50% (or whatever number). It can only help.

Lilofan

Absolutely....... And you can add Philippines to the list. I've been walking through those scans with groups of 5, 10 or 20 at a time, which are placed very close to the arriving flights corridor and well before the customs/Bureau of Immigration kiosks checking passports and visas for years.

Disney could scan in bulk too.
Just intercepting 25% of obvious cases certainly helps. Yes, we know those without virus symptoms will pass undetected but I'll take the 10 to 50% (or whatever number). It can only help.
I'm sure this is not an Iger idea. TWDC is tracking these countries and places ( Universal Singapore) to see how they do it.

zengoth

If the "new normal" is temp checks (or more....) at all public gatherings from now on, I might think that this will hurt advance planning and sales. I can imagine that many folks will not plop down $3,000 or $5,000 or $10,000 to pay up front for a trip that might get scuttled at the gate if someone has a temperature.
The vacation insurance business just had a lightbulb appear over their head. (i figure this is already a cruise thing just like it's a concert thing, but I can imagine this being de rigueur during the reservation process.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom