Rumor Guest temp check at bag check?

Lilofan

If the "new normal" is temp checks (or more....) at all public gatherings from now on, I might think that this will hurt advance planning and sales. I can imagine that many folks will not plop down $3,000 or $5,000 or $10,000 to pay up front for a trip that might get scuttled at the gate if someone has a temperature.
Extra Strength Tylenol sales will go through the roof! Resort hotels will surely mark up the pills 2X the retail price and guests will still pay for it.😒

raymusiccity

The vacation insurance business just had a lightbulb appear over their head. (i figure this is already a cruise thing just like it's a concert thing, but I can imagine this being de rigueur during the reservation process.
I don't think the vacation insurance business would ever touch 'pandemic coverage' with the proverbial ten foot pole. If anything, we're all being told now to not touch anything with a six foot pole !! :D

HauntedMansionFLA

my brother and his wife live on a 12 acre space with 2 horses in the stall..she is a stay at home type and just contracted c19..

she is wearing a mask to not pass it on to my bro

my heart breaks

Any source on how she contracted it? Have the horses been tested? I hope she gets better.

bryanfze55

Do they have any idea how she may have contracted it if neither of them have left the house recently? You can’t get it being outdoors by yourself, I wouldn’t think

Last edited by a moderator:

peter11435

You said she had it and was wearing a mask but that doesn’t mean he was tested. Just trying to determine how she may have contacted it.

peter11435

grocery shopping? i dont know

i wish we had the answers
i know i got sick late feburary after living in a hotel for 6 months
waiting for my condo to be refurbed after a mold and asbestos abatement
Ok that makes sense. Grocery shopping is definitely a possibility. I think many of us were under the impression you were saying she doesn’t leave the house.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Thermal cameras aren't accurate enough for a medical diagnosis, but good enough for an initial screening.

Those flagged by thermal cameras would then need an medical grade IR camera that is properly used. These cameras require proper distance, dry skin, and takes into account the ambient temperature. This would almost certainly be done indoors or under a tent. Wipe your brow first.

This would then flag people with real fevers who then become candidates for what will be hopefully just a 15 minute swab test.

Before a certain poster reiterates their concerns voiced in another thread: when you're out in public, you can be photographed and videographed and your conversations recorded. When you act it public, those public acts have no 'rights to privacy.' The same would be for the part of the light spectrum in the infrared range. If you don't want people to see what you look light in infrared, stop radiating heat when you're out in public!!

Disney already scans us for electromagnetic radiation with metal detectors and wands. They already go through our bags (which police can't unless they have cause or a warrant). They scan our finger print (yes, I know, for isometric readings only).

Disney can deny entry to anyone they want for whatever reason they want (except for a few protected classes, which doesn't give those protected classes carte blanche to ignore other reasonable barriers).

Or just let people in willy nilly even if they're coughing up a storm.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Not sure if anyone's pointed this out, but would Disney parks be therefore actively blocking menopausal women from being allowed inside their parks? #hotflashes

MarvelCharacterNerd

That’s not how that works
Why? If a woman has a hot flash as she's entering the thermometer zone, wouldn't her temperature show as elevated and she would not be allowed inside? I wasn't being facetious - it's another legitimate reason a temperature would show high for a specific group of people that would therefore be unable to enter the park although they would in no way be contagious.

It's a hypothetical but if they did temperatures, that could be a legit issue for a specific group.

peter11435

Why? If a woman has a hot flash as she's entering the thermometer zone, wouldn't her temperature show as elevated and she would not be allowed inside? I wasn't being facetious - it's another legitimate reason a temperature would show high for a specific group of people that would therefore be unable to enter the park although they would in no way be contagious.

It's a hypothetical but if they did temperatures, that could be a legit issue for a specific group.
Fever is not a symptom of a hot flash. You feel hot while having a hot flash but your internal body temperature does not increase.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Sweat pouring off is definitely a symptom of a hot flash. But it doesn’t mean you have a fever.

Hormonal imbalances, ovulation or female conditions like endometriosis can affect body temperature in women.

In any case, I wonder if no-touch thermometers can distinguish between skin being hot and elevated internal body temperature?

DisneyCane

Thermal cameras aren't accurate enough for a medical diagnosis, but good enough for an initial screening.

Those flagged by thermal cameras would then need an medical grade IR camera that is properly used. These cameras require proper distance, dry skin, and takes into account the ambient temperature. This would almost certainly be done indoors or under a tent. Wipe your brow first.

This would then flag people with real fevers who then become candidates for what will be hopefully just a 15 minute swab test.

Before a certain poster reiterates their concerns voiced in another thread: when you're out in public, you can be photographed and videographed and your conversations recorded. When you act it public, those public acts have no 'rights to privacy.' The same would be for the part of the light spectrum in the infrared range. If you don't want people to see what you look light in infrared, stop radiating heat when you're out in public!!

Disney already scans us for electromagnetic radiation with metal detectors and wands. They already go through our bags (which police can't unless they have cause or a warrant). They scan our finger print (yes, I know, for isometric readings only).

Disney can deny entry to anyone they want for whatever reason they want (except for a few protected classes, which doesn't give those protected classes carte blanche to ignore other reasonable barriers).

Or just let people in willy nilly even if they're coughing up a storm.
Since WDW is private property and a private business I have no problem with temperature scans or even rapid tests. I am choosing to go to WDW, something that is far from a necessity to do, so I can elect not go if I don't want to be screened. Same as the TSA at the airport. I don't have to fly so I can avoid the screening by driving instead.

Of course, if the German virologist is right then screening at WDW wouldn't be necessary because the environment at WDW, with the possible exception of fireworks viewing, isn't consistent with how he thinks the virus spreads.

Better to just require masks to automatically cover coughs and sneezes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom