Guest Names Public information

lt94

Original Poster
When visiting resort they gave me all my check-in information. When putting parking pass on dash it now has your full name on it with resort before it had the word guest. Not sure I like this when walking thru parking you can get everyone name and what resort your staying at. not a good idea

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
When visiting resort they gave me all my check-in information. When putting parking pass on dash it now has your full name on it with resort before it had the word guest. Not sure I like this when walking thru parking you can get everyone name and what resort your staying at. not a good idea

Cover the name.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

Almost certainly not a concern. The resort's are huge and when my local friends and family come to visit me they have to know my room number. However, I can empathize with this kind of thing. I'm a big obsessive compulsive myself.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
You're worried about someone walking through the thousands of rows in the parking lot trying to find your name so that they know where you're staying? :shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
What POSSIBLE use is the knowledge that Jane Doe is staying at the Yacht Club going to be for anyone in the parking lot? They could get more information by copying down your license plate.

Disneydreamer23

my mom is an ocd crazy she doesn't let any one know her address and this doesn't bother her i wouldn't worry about it people arnt gonna try and find you the only thing i would probably do is say OH COOL they are staying the same place as us.

The Mom

Premium Member
It would only be of use to someone if they were able to obtain a 3rd piece of information - your room number. Then they would know that you are not in your room if they wanted to enter it for some reason. :shrug:

But I suspect there are easier, and less time consuming, methods for obtaining the same information - watching you leave in the morning being the most likely.

And, as hakunamata mentioned, it's very easy to just cover your name.

ArtieJim

Free resort buses, boats and monorails for all on site guests! Woo hoo! I'm going to get my name on a magnet with the name of the resort I stay at each trip and slap it on the side of whatever mode of transportation I took any given day so I can fit in with you guys that have these new parking tags.

askmike1

Dude, just remove the paper from your dash once you park (put it in your glove compartment). You only need it to show the Cast Member at the Auto Plaza.

Ransom

Dude, just remove the paper from your dash once you park (put it in your glove compartment). You only need it to show the Cast Member at the Auto Plaza.

I saw Goofy going up and down the rows in a tow truck, looking for vehicles without valid parking passes. True story.

Mouse Detective

I agree with the OP that this is the type of information that should not be visible. As long as the name can be covered up or the parking pass put away, then fine. Otherwise, I share this concern. It's particularly risky for females traveling alone. Think about it.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member

Actually, we DVC members have had our full name on our resort parking passes for quite some time. No big deal.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I agree with the OP that this is the type of information that should not be visible. As long as the name can be covered up or the parking pass put away, then fine. Otherwise, I share this concern. It's particularly risky for females traveling alone. Think about it.

How would anyone know that a car is owned by a female that is traveling alone?

Tom

Beta Return

I can find out more about you at your county courthouse or in a few online searches.

Your name on a parking pass is meaningless.

lazyboy97o

It has been awhile sicne I stayed on-property, but I believe the pass only needs to be visible while parked at your resort, so half of the information was always known as your car is at the resort on which the pass says you are staying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom