Guest banned from WDW for meth lab joke.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
image.jpeg

Polydweller

At this point the only thing anyone has to go on, including the Sentinel is this guy's story. Now he is just a little bit motivated to diminish his role in the event and trying to make Disney look as bad as possible. He has motivation to distort the events in his favor. As such, one should not reach concluding based on a story that is going to be slanted and one sided. Proper investigation and the ability to reach conclusions and take sides required getting facts from all sides.

As others say, not having heard Disney's version and the police version means that there is indeed a lot more to this story than Mr. Swindler has given us.

epcotisbest

At this point the only thing anyone has to go on, including the Sentinel is this guy's story. Now he is just a little bit motivated to diminish his role in the event and trying to make Disney look as bad as possible. He has motivation to distort the events in his favor. As such, one should not reach concluding based on a story that is going to be slanted and one sided. Proper investigation and the ability to reach conclusions and take sides required getting facts from all sides.

As others say, not having heard Disney's version and the police version means that there is indeed a lot more to this story than Mr. Swindler has given us.
But OP has already told us Disney is majorly in the wrong and it is a major overreaction...and he must know all of the story to come to such a conclusion.

epcotisbest

Yea, there is not enough room in a Pop Century room to even think about it, much less produce it.
Recent arrest near here for a meth lab in the trunk of a car. Those Pop Century rooms must be smaller than I thought. Police call it a shake and bake method and it produces a lethal concoction. No laughing matter.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
there are places to make jokes and places you should not make jokes. Why would a handicap, Jesus loving, Church going man who LOVES Disney be nasty to a CM and invoke drug references because someone may be moving to slow. Seems wrong to me. On the other hand the punishment may not fit the crime.

I'm sure more will come out about this that maybe we don't know about as yet, we are only hearing his side right now.

Just try to get service out of WDW these days, Over the holidays I had a grand villa in BLT, Refrigerator was broken, Needed to camp out for hours at the front desk to get it fixed, Oh and the balcony door would not lock and we had 3 toddlers - took 2 hours to get an engineer meantime it meant that someone had to sit in a chair by the door to prevent the kids from getting out. This is not acceptable in a room which rents for 2K+ per night, heck it's not acceptable at a Motel 6.

I travel for business extensively and the only hotels I have issues in getting service in are DISNEY hotels, Marriot and Hilton fix issues immediately and with a smile. Disney's attitude seems to be 'what do you want ME to do about it' - How about FIX the issue for starters.

I'm really not surprised that otherwise calm people are pushed over the edge at WDW, Especially at the hotels it seems one needs to channel their inner Hulk to get things done which at most places you never even need to think about.

CastleBound

Gotta watch my mouth next time I go... Such a strange story. There has to be much more to it because it seems obvious that it was a joke...

mousehockey37

Gotta watch my mouth next time I go... Such a strange story. There has to be much more to it because it seems obvious that it was a joke...

Joke or not, in the post-9/11 era we live in, along with the fragile society we have, just about anything and everything can be suspect, depending on the way you say it. A lot of people get offended very easily at stupid things, a lot of people also take things very seriously. This CM on the other end of the phone felt there was a need to escalate the comments said.

I get that this guy was upset that it was taking forever to get something done. I get that he was also beating the disability card to death in his rant as well. This guy mentioned in his youtube video that he's an annual passholder and that he and his family go numerous times each year. So... to me, this means that he knows what the service is going to be like. He has dealt with it before, meaning, they have dealt with him before. I'm sure Disney has everything lined up on their end. If they can track everything about you through your magic band, keeping comments from guests in rooms on certain dates doesn't seem that hard.

As for his ban, the guy who snuck around and got caught, he just came off of his ban, years later. This particular individual, esp if he does have a past with Disney on Disney's records, may not be so lucky.

Monorail_Red_77

He's no Heisenberg, obviously Walt (White, not Disney) would have known well enough to turn his camera 90 degrees and record his video in the appropriate landscape format. WHY OH WHY must people screw that up?!?!!

Portrait mode should be illegal in photos or videos. Hate it. Bring on the landscape people. Unless of course you are filming something really tall.

;)

Monorail_Red_77

People need to realize that using the word "bomb" in any sentence, even in jest, may result in a visit from law enforcement. Like the TSA agents thoroughly going over my brother's well worn duffle bag with instruments to detect explosives. Didn't help that his driver's license photo still showed him with a beard and he was, well, wearing a very comfortable t-shirt and pair of jeans, i.e., old. He started to say something until his sister, me, poked him in the ribs. Security was extra vigilant since we were flying two weeks after 9/11. When we boarded, I made the remark, "you know, dear brother, looking like a hippie reject from the 60s with a scruffy, dirty duffle bag might get you extra attention from airport security. ESPECIALLY when your driver's license photo still has that beard you shaved off several years ago. Nice that your sister vouched for you."

I've been told by CMs (okay, bus driver) about guest behavior that has gotten people thrown out of their hotels and banned for life. Involved fighting among themselves and Disney security. I agree with others. There's more to this story.

So true. Mrs. Monorail_red played a joke on a co-worker at a Dr office once. Can't say specific but involved joking about a patients prescription. This was about 15 years ago. Boom, fired on the spot. No questions asked.

Point being. What is funny to you is not always funny to everyone. especially when the joke involves illegal activities that may or may not be happening in the most visited theme park complex.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom