Guest allegedly points gun at another guest in WDW Parking Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Are personal firearms permitted on Disney property?
I actually don't know the answer to that.

Let's imagine, for a moment, a guest who has never been to WDW before. He is not staying at a Disney resort and he has not pre-purchased any type of admission. He just knows there's a place called the Magic Kingdom and he's going to drive there for the day. If he's a Florida resident legally in possession of his firearm, I'm not sure how he's supposed to know that WDW is carved out as a gun-free zone.

None of this is really relevant to threatening someone, I'm just curious what the laws in Florida look like.

ppete1975

can we change the title? "Something like guest allegedly points gun at another guest IN THE PARKING LOT"
I know its still Disney property, and right outside the gates.. but there is a big difference between in the parks and the parking lot. Didn't something happen at Disney springs a few years ago as well. I am not attacking you, just might be more of a clarification. I used caps in my example, just to point out what I changed, I don't mean for you to capitalize that part.

bhg469

can we change the title? "Something like guest allegedly points gun at another guest IN THE PARKING LOT"
I know its still Disney property, and right outside the gates.. but there is a big difference between in the parks and the parking lot. Didn't something happen at Disney springs a few years ago as well. I am not attacking you, just might be more of a clarification. I used caps in my example, just to point out what I changed, I don't mean for you to capitalize that part.
I think the incident at disney springs was a table falling over and people mistook it for gun shots.

Brer Oswald

The thread is starting to veer away from whether or not anyone pointed a firearm to whether or not anyone should even have a firearm. Which doesn't belong in this previously nonpolitical thread.
I’d suggest just closing the thread.

donaldtoo

Maybe it was both...?

ninjaprincesst

Either way, people are far too aggressive about those spots. Disney provides legitimate handicap accessible spaces well beyond what is legally required of them and provides priority spots (still within walking distance and the spots closest to the tram lanes) for guests with handicap placards when the officially designated spots are all full. The way these people act though you'd think it was the freaking hunger games over one spot in the entire parking lot.
And Disney Handicap parking sucks anyway, it is still a long walk, many times the walk to the shuttle is closer than the walk from handicap.

rob0519

Says parking for disabled....is there always someone at those spots directing?
In at least 15 or more visits to the AK, at various times of the day, I've never seen a Castmember directing cars into specific spaces. In fact, I've never seen anyone doing that at any of the parks. Usually, someone near the front says follow the blue line and we're on our own.

rob0519

Does anyone have any follow-up information on the incident? If so, please post. If not, the topic will be closed. I think we can all agree that getting bent out of shape over a parking space is stupid.
We can agree that it is stupid, but yet it happened. Someone is Tampa was shot for using a cell phone in a movie theater not that long ago. Road rage, parking lot rage, any type of rage seems to be more prevalent lately and there are a lot of gun owners out there.

PurpleJesus

Either way, people are far too aggressive about those spots. Disney provides legitimate handicap accessible spaces well beyond what is legally required of them and provides priority spots (still within walking distance and the spots closest to the tram lanes) for guests with handicap placards when the officially designated spots are all full. The way these people act though you'd think it was the freaking hunger games over one spot in the entire parking lot.
If Shepherd, or at least some lower level N7 officers had been on-site, obviously, this wouldn't have happened. Garrus would've seen it coming a mile away too. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: ABQ

jaklgreen

One of the parties involved says it was a gun, the other party said it was a wallet. Is there any definitive evidence to prove the man actually pointed a gun at them?

The elderly man accused of the pointing the gun did not flea the scene nor was he arrested. Not saying he is innocent, but there isn't much evidence from what we know to think otherwise.

So these people just happen to know that they had a gun in their car? The aggressors were questioned and they did say that they had a gun in the car. That is too much of a coincidence, they should have been arrested for pointing a gun at those people. All over a parking spot, ridiculous.

jaklgreen

You are saying that he is guilty until proven innocent?

That is what court is for. But if they did brandish a weapon at someone, which is illegal and which you have 2 witnesses saying that they did, then they should have been arrested and had their day in court. You can't just go around and pointing a gun at someone and the cops not do anything about it. What if someone pointed a gun at your kids? Wouldn't you expect the person to get arrested?

mj2v

Does anyone have any follow-up information on the incident? If so, please post. If not, the topic will be closed. I think we can all agree that getting bent out of shape over a parking space is stupid.
Other than it’s been referred to the states attorney, no. They will investigate and drop it or bring charges. Since the police did not feel the need to arrest someone, it’s probably going to be dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom