Guest allegedly points gun at another guest in WDW Parking Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caleb2010

You are saying that he is guilty until proven innocent?
I’m saying it’s stupid to argue over parking and that the presence of the gun raised it from inconsequential to reportable.
Putting myself in the position of the man with the gun (he did in fact have a gun), I’d hope to avoid those situations all together and would never intimate that I possessed one. If he did not intimate or actually point a gun, then it was an awful coincidence.
I’m not saying guilt before innocence but odd that there’s no further investigation. If it was coincidence or there is no additional information, then everyone going their separate ways was best.
I can’t help but to picture myself and my family on the wrong end of the gun while on my Disney vacation, but I’d hope to avoid the situation altogether.

Scrooged

Is it normal that there are no names and that what they found was redacted?

Weird situation regardless.
It may have something to Do with pending charges or litigation. One or both of the parties involved may be attempting to take legal action, and if that’s the case then the public information will most definitely be put under seal by Disney until the dispute is resolved.

Raineman

I hate to be the one to say it, but....

colliera

If I wanted to threaten someone I'd show them my wallet. No wait! That's if I wanted to pay them.

As far as the medical parking parking places go I'm sure Disney meets the required number. That said, the needed number is short and has been getting worse over the past few years. I hope in planning for higher attendance levels with SWE opening the new lots at HS and existing lots at the other parks have accounted for not just gross numbers but an appropriate increase in medical parking. Early last December at HS medical was full when I arrived at 2 PM but two rows next to it had been added. The root cause of the confrontation is the lack of medical parking. It wouldn't be hard to do a count of medical tags and plates where parking fees are paid over time to size the need against the demand.

champdisney

This sounds like some typical Miami BS. People quick to draw a gun over being butthurt over a parking space. Wow...

It really should be made law that guests MUST behave at WDW... or risk being met with an open hand slap by Will Smith's Genie.

"Pointing a gun with kids nearby. You know that's wrong, right? None of this is ringing a bell? OK then..."

Scrooged

This sounds like some typical Miami BS. People quick to draw a gun over being butthurt over a parking space. Wow...

It really should be made law that guests MUST behave at WDW... or risk being met with an open hand slap by Will Smith's Genie.

"Pointing a gun with kids nearby. You know that's wrong, right? None of this is ringing a bell? OK then..."
Not sure Will smith’s genie has enough pixels to slap anyone- but his look may terrify the person wielding the gun into using it.....

draybook

How would the elderly couple know that they had a “concealed” weapon if it wasn’t shown to them? As previously stated that’s a crazy coincidence. Even if the guy pointed a wallet, he threatened them, knew he had a gun and could have escalated the situation. Are personal firearms permitted on Disney property? Aren’t we supposed to believe permit holders are responsible gun owners.
People continue to disappoint. Wish we could all be a little more civil towards each other especially with regards to silly things like parking, it’s certainly not life or death.

Not to take sides but I thought I'd add some math to this. There are currently around 16 million registered CCW holders in the States and that figure has been widely accepted as low of a true count. There are roughly 14-16k firearms homicides each year and I'd wager that 95%+ of those are by people who aren't legal holders of the firearm itself muchless a CCW liscense. So yeah, I think that for the most part they are responsible.

DisneyCane

How would the elderly couple know that they had a “concealed” weapon if it wasn’t shown to them? As previously stated that’s a crazy coincidence. Even if the guy pointed a wallet, he threatened them, knew he had a gun and could have escalated the situation. Are personal firearms permitted on Disney property? Aren’t we supposed to believe permit holders are responsible gun owners.
People continue to disappoint. Wish we could all be a little more civil towards each other especially with regards to silly things like parking, it’s certainly not life or death.
You don't need a permit to have a gun in a car. A concealed firearm means concealed on your person. That you need a permit for.

If this guy brandished a weapon over a parking space he is a moron. If he did and the person he pointed it at had a gun they could have legally shot him in self defense.

I certainly agree about civility. Why anybody would want to ruin a day at Disney fighting over a parking space is beyond my comprehension.

disneyfireman

The issue isn't: Was there a firearm in the vehicle?
There are hundreds of thousands of vehicles on the highways at any given time with firearms in them.
The issue is did the individual use his firearm to threaten another person.
Legal possession of a firearm isn't the problem.
Misuse of the firearm is!
Exactly. We always have Glock in our car and carry where allowed. Which in Ohio and Florida is pretty much anywhere in public. Just because they may have had a gun in their car is no concern. Mis use is. I would imagine over half of the cars in a Disney lot has a weapon in it. That’s a non issue. Pointing it for no reason is.

Last edited:

disneyfireman

The issue for me is they did actually have a semi automatic hand gun in the car. So that is a crazy coincidence

Why? Almost all hand guns folks keep with them in cars or carry is probably a semi automatic now. Revolvers make up some but most are semi automatics. Heck even police I know don’t even blink an eye about that anymore. Self defense is paramount.

disneyfireman

You don't need a permit to have a gun in a car. A concealed firearm means concealed on your person. That you need a permit for.

If this guy brandished a weapon over a parking space he is a moron. If he did and the person he pointed it at had a gun they could have legally shot him in self defense.

I certainly agree about civility. Why anybody would want to ruin a day at Disney fighting over a parking space is beyond my comprehension.

110% correct. And some states a permit isn’t even required anymore. Ohio is moving that way. The way I see it. The bad guys don’t have a Permit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom