Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark coming this Halloween

TP2000

Original Poster
Here's the preshow for the overlay:

That doesn't sound like Cooper as Rocket, and to be honest this pre-show seems really weak. I guess it is kind of strange having a sequel to an attraction, so I guess you're expected to have ridden the original beforehand. :confused:

That sounds just like the regular raccoon voice to me, and I think this pre-show sets up the plotline even better than the original. It's clear and concise on what is happening and what we are about to go do. And when was the last time a raccoon talked to you?

Disney used to do really good pre-shows that were clear and understandable, yet set in exotic environments. Mr. Johnson on the Douglas Aircraft Mission To Mars ride was a good example. It set everything up perfectly and kept you entertained while you waited. This Monsters After Dark pre-show seems to follow in Mr. Johnson's footsteps, except Guardians uses a far more sophisticated animatronic and much better effects.
CAn3kkoW4AA3j9w.png

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Well then that would be just like Disneyland's version of Halloween and not like the edgier park they want DCA to be. Besides Halloween has evolved way past the jack o lanterns etc. It will be interesting to see how they handle Halloween at DCA when/ if they remove Halloween from DL.

Speaking of Orange and Black, I think it's one of my least favorite color combinations, right after Orange and Brown. (I'm looking at you Thanksgiving)

Brown and yellow is the worst. About a month or two ago me and the kids were at the store looking at bikes. One bike was literally brown and yellow, and being my normal mature, thought provoking self, I said "Hey guys, look it's the pee pee and poo poo bike." Then from right behind me an employee said, "Can I help you?"
I then turned red and purple which is a terrible combination of colors too.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
That sounds just like the regular raccoon voice to me, and I think this pre-show sets up the plotline even better than the original. It's clear and concise on what is happening and what we are about to go do. And when was the last time a raccoon talked to you?

Hopefully it's something more exciting than bouncing around in front of a screen for 2 min. That AA really should be on top of the elevator with us instead of a disconnected voice. Of course that would require more than just a reworked ToT.

TROR

So it's called Monsters After Dark but there's only one monster on the ride? Alright. Anyways, it's a huge improvement over the actual ride. Like, it's not particularly good or memorable, but I understand what's going on during the ride. There's a single story instead of completely random nonsense that makes no sense. Just like with regular Mission Breakout, however, this attraction feels incredibly small despite how large of a building it is simply because of how short everything is and its inability to draw out the scenes the way Tower of Terror did so excellently.

TROR

Yeah that lighting package is really nice. Reminds me a lot of Ghost Galaxy, which brings me back to why is this not just Guardians of the Ghost Galaxy because even the monster on the ride reminds me of the one on Space Mountain.

Still, however, neither Mission Breakout or Monsters After Dark come close to the excellence of Tower of Terror, especially not for Halloween time.

HonorableMention

Disney used to do really good pre-shows that were clear and understandable. Mr. Johnson on the Douglas Aircraft Mission To Mars ride was a good example. It set everything up perfectly and kept you entertained while you waited. This Monsters After Dark pre-show seems to follow in Mr. Johnson's footsteps, except Guardians uses a far more sophisticated animatronic and much better effects.
CAn3kkoW4AA3j9w.png
Maybe you're right, it was just that the way he said a few words seemed weird to me. I also hadn't really seen what the queue's tone was beforehand (which was pretty good IMO). I just wish there had been music or something like the original preshow.

c-one

I'm not going to make it for Halloween so I will make judgements based on Youtube. The glitched-out queue aesthetic is kind of cool, but I fear actually having to wait in there with all those blinky lights will give me a seizure. Outside looks 1000x better though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom