Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Phroobar

Meh. I found that room kind of hokey. It wasn't horrible and added a bit to the attraction, but it certainly didn't "wow!" me.
Did you just meh the fifth dimension room? That's it! I'm adding you to my ignore list. No one mehs Florida's tower and gets away with it! I'm calling the famous crack Laughing place mods to ban you from the infomation super highway.:p;)

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Well, that was either agreeable or dismissive (or something else). The world may never know...

To be perfectly honest, I didn't read the majority of your post (no offense), and that is because I'm over going back and forth in regards to the signage, good show, bad show, etc., hence my simple response.

I'm ready to move on and talk about other things.

180º

Disclaimer: In the past, I've pointed out statements where opinion was presented as fact (I was told to just understand that). I've made direct quotes of false statements (I was told I should know what they meant, regardless of what was typed for all to see). I took a few steps back, tried to consider some of the sources, and decided it was best to just avoid those observations for a while. It seems like some of these situations are happening in this thread, so I'll briefly tread into those waters, then step back out of that particular wading pool for another 6 to 12 months.

(As has been stated by a few others) it's not hard for me to see why the above statements were questioned. It seems implied that the attraction now has NO SIGNAGE. All the accusations of "bad show" are based on "no signage". It was later noted that the attraction does indeed still have signage (decorative) as well as I assume the required signs at the entrance describing the ride. If they took away signs at the queue/attraction entrance, I would agree, but that's not the case. It almost seems implied that attractions with tall structures need a highly elevated sign, but (as was also mentioned elsewhere) attractions like the "Matterhorn Bobsleds" have survived with minimal signage for years. I think it's okay to see a large structure from a distance, then be intrigued enough to be drawn close enough to read the normal signage.

It seems here that the real issue is that of change (and it's merits). Change can be percieved as good or bad based on feelings, but this doesn't meet the "no signage = bad show" test.

Again, this doesn't meet the test.

Now, what is probably a good point of discussion is the fact that the removed sign was not the name of the attraction, but a decorative sign depicting the fictional hotel the attraction is based on / contained in. Does the building look better with or without the sign? Is the theming hurt or hindered? Everybody's entitled to their opinion. Some older hotels had giant elevated signage, some didn't, so either way could be within the scope of theme in my opinion. Again, is it necessary for "show" or "operations"? I don't think so, for the same reason we don't need a tall signs labeling "The Matterhorn", "Big Thunder Mountain" or "Grizzly Peak".

The above was provided as examples of "recent misses at Disneyland". It seems like the term "miss" is pretty concrete. I'd invite an actual definition and criteria so that these changes can be properly judged. If it's based on attendance, I'd argue that the "Matterhorn redo" doesn't qualify. If it's more of a matter of "I don't care for it" or "I don't think it is as good as it was before the change", then we're back into the land of opinion. (And while siting multiple reasons for displeasure might sway folks over to a certain viewpoint, it'll still be an opinion.)

Remember, facts can be proven. Opinions don't need to be (but shouldn't be presented as fact.)
I understand what you're saying here, but I very much disagree that it is an important rule for informal forum discussion.

NobodyElse

I understand what you're saying here, but I very much disagree that it is an important rule for informal forum discussion.

If you wouldn't mind expanding on this at some point, I'd appreciate it (as I'm not sure I fully understand what you disagree with). If not, that's fine as well. Thanks.

Emmanuel

They removed the dome on top of the attraction last night.

Attachments

• Cs95iYTVMAA9l9t.jpg-large.jpeg
    Cs95iYTVMAA9l9t.jpg-large.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 73

VJ

I personally think that the signage removal is okay. Bad show, sure, but if you want a good attraction to be open by summer the changeover needs to start sometime, and with fans it seems like the more time it's given the better. This should be a good thing for those complaining about Disney's rushed overlays. They're starting work now while keeping the attraction itself open so it's as "best of both worlds" as it can be. I do agree that Disney should have given notice or at least toned down the whole "Final Check-In" promotion as it really becomes false advertising since the outside of the attraction is currently being changed over and therefore you're not getting the full experience.

I guess I can see where Disney's coming from here, but I'm not letting them entirely off the hook. Good for them for giving the changeover as much time as needed to be as great as possible, but bad that guest experience has to be sacrificed in the attraction's final operating months.

dweezil78

I don't see how the CEO of Six Flags sleeps at night.

I know, right? No joke, one of the signs for one of the rides at the Looney Toons kids area was literally made from a super lo-res jpg they probably downloaded off of Google. It was all pixelly and cheaply printed. This was the official sign for the ride.

Us Disney/Universal fans are so spoiled and it's amazing the things we pick at when you take a few minutes to look at how other parks are operated!

Pam Hates Penguins

I know, right? No joke, one of the signs for one of the rides at the Looney Toons kids area was literally made from a super lo-res jpg they probably downloaded off of Google. It was all pixelly and cheaply printed. This was the official sign for the ride.

Us Disney/Universal fans are so spoiled and it's amazing the things we pick at when you take a few minutes to look at how other parks are operated!

Thanks for the info. Never knew that... The only good thing they have is their Justice League: Battle For Metropolis ride:
Ride-Vehicle[1].png

NobodyElse

To make matters worse, I would imagine that ride might be featured at several of their parks. You'd think they would have one decent design they could share.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom