Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

D

Deleted member 107043

Whether it looks more interesting or not. It still does not belong in 1930s Hollywood.

WTDnnwE.gif

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Glad I'm not the only one who sees it. To me the facade is very Disney in an intangible but specific way that everyone understands but can rarely articulate.

It's A Small World of Junk?

If Mission: BO was it's own thing and actually fit in a kind of imaginative scrap heap land I would actually be kind of interested in all of this. Much better than watching one of my favorite attractions get butchered for a lame overlay no one asked for.

HMF

It's A Small World of Junk?

If Mission: BO was it's own thing and actually fit in a kind of imaginative scrap heap land I would actually be kind of interested in all of this. Much better than watching one of my favorite attractions get butchered for a lame overlay no one asked for.
If only this was an overlay, rather than a literal replacement.

jmuboy

Well therein lies the humor in all this... So many of the same people who complained about DCA having such a dumb theme (celebrating California landmarks within driving distance of the real thing) are now the ones complaining about having that theme violated. Personally, I think the biggest mistake Disney made with DCA 2.0 was to not drop the California. It was the one opportunity they had break free from it and they missed it.

I still believe the geography of California is so broad that it works for the park. The smart part of the re-do was to give us a DISNEY version of California. It’s a unique layer that make Mermaid and Toy Story on the pier work. Or Walt's version of LA work.

We all know that for whatever reason the Hollywood area was left a mess and not touched too much other than Red cars and some awkward modern day references in signage and props. I assume they knew a major rework of that area's adjacent backstage was coming with the build out of a 2nd parking deck. Whatever.

So as long as we get a "studio" for superheroes or something along that lines to be the over arch of the Marvel theme with a mini Hollywood land adjacent to it I think it can be ok. We will see. It’s all in the execution. I am not a Marvel fan and really don’t care about the films or characters. I just want the theme area to be well executed and not harm the park. I am one of those Disney purists who is OK with Star Wars in DL. I think the amount of one to make the area amazing and the effort to HIDE the area from other parts of DL make it all ok. If marvel is done with the same 2 values in mind then it will be ok.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The pic with Carthay in the foreground makes me sick.

Well, since we've been told in this thread that one of the problems of the new ToT facade is that it's too flat (!), then I agree with you that that picture is sickening. Look how flat are so many of the surfaces of the Carthay!

Curious Constance

Well, since we've been told in this thread that one of the problems of the new ToT facade is that it's too flat (!), then I agree with you that that picture is sickening. Look how flat are so many of the surfaces of the Carthay!
Oh brother! I said that the building itself is too flat. I'm starting to really like the new facade, but I still don't prefer the overall big cookie shaped building. Are you ever going to be able to get over this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom