Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I guess if there's a positive thing to say about the exterior of Mission: Cash Grab is that it's not boring and your eyes are drawn to it, like the aftermath of a car crash. They're also doing a good job of recycling junk into art.

The Mur

I dont really get the flat excuse since all the towers have the same general shape and still look better than what we have currently.

I have always thought that the Florida version looks much more like a real hotel.There is depth to the main area due to the ride layout and the tower looked better (despite the signage error) and the DCA version always just looked like a tall building of some sort. Never really felt like a hotel to me (which I was ok with)

Kiwiduck

From twitter @21royalstreet

upload_2017-3-18_15-40-26.png

upload_2017-3-18_15-41-59.png

This is from a series of photos he took to show how it doesn't fit (but I think they are great photos and make it look good). At least the colours of the building match the tiles in the Carthay Circle building and of the trolley and this car.

mickEblu

View attachment 194488
View attachment 194489

This is from a series of photos he took to show how it doesn't fit (but I think they are great photos and make it look good). At least the colours of the building match the tiles in the Carthay Circle building and of the trolley and this car.

The pic with Carthay in the foreground makes me sick.

Practical Pig

View attachment 194488
View attachment 194489

And that's where it all collapses for me. But your comment about the tile colors may well reflect what little consideration WDI could muster for BVS when they threw their hands up in defeat on making this work with the expensive salvage-job re-theming of DCA 1.0 into DCA 2.0 while under the (assumed) thumb of the suits above. Well spotted.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

I get that there's issues with this project, as there are with most. I'm personally not at the pitchforks and torches level on this one. Have fun, state your opinion freely, but don't be too surprised when you get alternate responses.

This pretty much sums up how I feel. I'm kind of over debating about it. It's on the brink of opening and we've talked about it to death. At this point I'm looking forward to MB being completed and reading people's reaction to the new experience.

mickEblu

This pretty much sums up how I feel. I'm kind of over debating about it. It's on the brink of opening and we've talked about it to death. At this point I'm looking forward to MB being completed and reading people's reaction to the new experience.

I agree and you know I'll be there on the first day to with my T shirt that says....

Attachments

• IMG_6444.PNG
    IMG_6444.PNG
    302.8 KB · Views: 69

Practical Pig

And this is pretty close to my attitude about it at this point. I'm always going to cringe when I see that BVS juxtaposition, but it's a fact of life now. I can cringe at that while still keeping an open mind as to what the ride experience turns out to be.

Curious Constance

View attachment 194488
View attachment 194489

Wow. I agree with you. Not that that's surprising as I tend to agree with you a lot, but I think I might love this when all is said and done. These pictures make it look really, really cool. So much more visual interest than it previously had. And GOTG is one of my favorite movies, so I CANNOT WAIT to see what surprises await inside!

Kiwiduck

Wow. I agree with you. Not that that's surprising as I tend to agree with you a lot, but I think I might love this when all is said and done. These pictures make it look really, really cool. So much more visual interest than it previously had. And GOTG is one of my favorite movies, so I CANNOT WAIT to see what surprises await inside!
Thankyou for finding me so agreeable! I love GOTG as well - the only reason I watched it initially was to check out buff Chris Pratt, I usually have no interest in superhero/comic type movies but it was so funny, I loved it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom