Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

999th Happy Haunt

I just realized something....There are literally 3 attractions in Florida that deal with Chris Pratt...It's Pratt Trifecta....
Universal: VelociCoaster
Epcot: GoTG Cosmic Rewind
Legoland: The Lego Movie land (while not his voice the character he portrayed is there).
Anyone keeping track of celebrities featured in the most theme park attractions? Pratt has to be in the running.

yensidtlaw1969

Anyone keeping track of celebrities featured in the most theme park attractions? Pratt has to be in the running.
Do you count repeated appearances as different characters within one attraction? Dave Goelz appears as several characters in MuppetVision 3D.

Otherwise, he's still up there with this count:

Gonzo- MuppetVision
Gonzo- Great Moments in History
Figment- Journey into Imagination with Figment

britain

Do you count repeated appearances as different characters within one attraction? Dave Goelz appears as several characters in MuppetVision 3D.

Otherwise, he's still up there with this count:

Gonzo- MuppetVision
Gonzo- Great Moments in History
Figment- Journey into Imagination with Figment

If you're going to do Dave Goelz, then that's cracking open pandora's box. Paul Frees, Thurl Ravenscroft, Corey Burton, Jim Cummings... MASS HYSTERIA!

yensidtlaw1969

If you're going to do Dave Goelz, then that's cracking open pandora's box. Paul Frees, Thurl Ravenscroft, Corey Burton, Jim Cummings... MASS HYSTERIA!

giphy-1.gif

khlaylav

Fred Tatasciore's got 5 under his belt according to Wikipedia: Everest as the Yeti, Baby Groot on Mission BREAKOUT, safety narrator on Space Mountain, Gungan Pilot on Star Tours and Lex Luthor on Justice League-Battle for Metropolis. He was the first I thought of, and I'm mildly surprised he apparently didn't voice Hulk (though it makes sense since he didn't start voicing Hulk until the 2000s).

britain

Why did they put so much emphasis on NO RECORDING when they're just letting everyone do it?

EDIT: I just realized if they make you be more discrete about recording, you won't be likely to use any additional video lighting in the "beaming up" scene, and they need those two seconds of total darkness to make the transition. Saying "No Recording" also cuts down on the number of phone screens that would be displaying light in the room too.

UNCgolf

You can only theme a roller coaster so much.

That's the whole point -- and it's why Disney hasn't (and shouldn't) build something like the Incredible Hulk or Rip Ride Rockit, unless they are in the context of an area where having a roller coaster makes sense as part of the theme. But that only exists in very narrow circumstances and they've already used it about as much as they should.

mergatroid

Why did they put so much emphasis on NO RECORDING when they're just letting everyone do it?

EDIT: I just realized if they make you be more discrete about recording, you won't be likely to use any additional video lighting in the "beaming up" scene, and they need those two seconds of total darkness to make the transition. Saying "No Recording" also cuts down on the number of phone screens that would be displaying light in the room too.
I also think they don't want phones dropping during the ride?

UNCgolf

Velocicoaster and Hagrid's are better themed and more thrilling than most Disney coasters.

That's a wild take. The only coasters at WDW that aren't better themed than Velocicoaster are the Barnstormer and maybe TRON when it opens. Slinky Dog is roughly the same level of theming.

Even Hagrid's is less themed than the majority of Disney coasters IMO, although it's pretty well done for an outdoors coaster.

RSoxNo1

A couple of points here:

Space Mountain is my favorite attraction in Disneyland. This appears to be a substantial upgrade to Space Mountain, although it does lose points for being in a highly visible unthemed giant blue box. The ride itself is very hard to gauge, but I imagine that a significant chunk of the budget went to OLED (or equivalent) screens to keep things as dark and crisp as possible. I anticipate that the actual ride experience is more impressive / fun than any YouTube video could ever showcase.

The queue itself is sleek and befitting of what it's supposed to be, a Xandarian showcase. The humor seems to be on point and I'm curious if it's the same one liners on every ride. Did Drax make a "Ding Dang" comment around the Big Bang?

While Glenn Close's Nova Prime character isn't "evil" in the movie, she does give off some Tyra Banks / Chairman Clench / Alien Encounter vibes in her portion of the pre-show video. I'm not sure if that's by design or not, but it's interesting. Also, I love Terry Crews.

The queue area that has the news reporter interviewing the Guardians has a Q & A with Peter Quill talking about how he can't wait to go back to EPCOT and ride Horizons, see the Energy dinosaurs and sing Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit. However, from a story standpoint, why would he be going to EPCOT? At this point in the attraction we are touring the Wonders of Xandar and our need for the Guardians is non-existent. What would bring Quill and the Guardians to EPCOT? Literally just a general visit? Does he want to check out the Germany booth at Food & Wine?

As for the "Does it fit in EPCOT?" question: I'm in the camp of "kind of". The lip service that Peter Quill visited EPCOT as a kid is pretty much just that. The experience could 100% happen without that narrative. We've come up with a means of traveling through time and space to go back to the Big Bang. Something that previous incarnations of the attraction in this space also did. Because this ruse is grounded in a Comic Book movie, it's going to rub people the wrong way. I'm not sure that disconnect is substantially different than Bill Nye, Ellen and Jeopardy bringing us back to the big bang. There's obviously nothing about energy as part of the attraction's narrative, nor are there dinosaurs. Something interesting though is that a power outage limits the Nova Corps' activity and moves the story forward, but it also could have been a window to allow for some discussion of energy sources. Somewhat interesting that they opted to not do that.

By all accounts, I'd say it's a better fit for EPCOT than the story treatment for The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Gran Fiesta Tour and Frozen Ever After. It's probably as thematically appropriate as Ratatouille in my mind.

The last point I want to raise is the cost. $450 million + is insane. Don't get me wrong, I can see where some money was spent, but that number just seems very high. I recognize that the omni-coaster is newish tech and perhaps a driver of this attraction. But I wonder if the story itself could have been told as a re-done Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
They couldn’t even bother getting Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel into a recording booth. Eesh.

My original thought was that Bradly Cooper hadn't recorded his lines yet for GotG:3 and maybe they would just have him record the lines then and come back and change Cosmic Rewind at a later date... but I assume he recorded lines for Love and Thunder within the last year and, as such, there should be no reason they couldn't have had him record lines for Cosmic Rewind then... so yeah...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom