Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

Casper Gutman

Why is it ridiculous that he went as a child? I went as a child. I imagine many people who grew up then did. It was pretty popular back in the day.
It’s a comically weak and contrived basis on which to argue the ride is thematically appropriate for EPCOT.

Remember when this ride was supposed to have an “educational” component about the Big Bang? That seems to have been nonsense.

In the Parks
No
Why is it ridiculous that he went as a child? I went as a child. I imagine many people who grew up then did. It was pretty popular back in the day.
I only say it's ridiculous because it was such an artificial justification for building it at Epcot at D23 back when they announced this. Not to mention the poor photoshop job:

1650336819455.png

markham

I went to WDW for the first time in 1984 when I was 4 years old, and the only park I cared about was EPCOT Center. My family still loves to rag me for insisting over and over again on going back to “Epicot” (like apricot-I would argue with them that this was the correct pronunciation).

It made a lasting impression. I’ll never forget the cast member telling me that UoE was down temporarily because a veterinarian was tending to a sick stegosaurus - but not to worry, that it was just a little cold and that it was already feeling better.

In the Parks
No
I went to WDW for the first time in 1984 when I was 4 years old, and the only park I cared about was EPCOT Center. My family still loves to rag me for insisting over and over again on going back to “Epicot” (like apricot-I would argue with them that this was the correct pronunciation).

It made a lasting impression. I’ll never forget the cast member telling me that UoE was down temporarily because a veterinarian was tending to a sick stegosaurus - but not to worry, that it was just a little cold and that it was already feeling better.
Again, it's not the idea that a young kid wouldn't like Epcot - it's that it's silly that they made up the detail that Peter Quill went there as if to justify the ride's placement here.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
We are dealing with lighting and projections. The impressive part of the projection system is the size of the image and how it wraps around the ride system and follows the motion of the train.

As I said in the article, it isn't wow like Rise, but its very high on the fun scale. Its exactly what you want in a theme park experience for the vast majority of people. Every park needs at least on this type of ride, EPCOT finally has it.
I’m a “bring back Horizons and Journey Into Imagination” kinda girl. Living With The Land is my favorite currently operating attraction….

And I am SO. STOKED. for Cosmic Rewind!!!!
These reviews are just feeding the excitement!! I seriously can’t wait to get back to WDW!!

Marc Davis Fan

I'm very curious to see how the queue and preshow (or preshows?) will change the reactions/reviews.

There are some attractions, e.g., RotR, ToT, Indiana Jones Adventure at DL, etc., where not seeing the queue / preshow(s) would subtract a lot from the experience.

I'm sure this attraction's queue and preshow(s?) aren't as central or involved as RotR or ToT, but, for instance, it seems possible (but not 100% certain) that there are multiple (two?) true preshows, and/or that the preshows have some interesting set pieces / effects.

Does anyone have further insight about the experiential significance, quality, and quantity of the preshow(s?)?

Epcot82Guy

That's been pretty tight lipped so far. There are some vague rumors that the pre-show (1) will give some place setting at Epcot. Then you go into the Wonders of Xandar show(s). That's all highly rumor, though I personally hope there is truth. And it isn't literally a fantasy alien race World Showcase pavilion. But we'll see.

TLDR - very little confirmed detail right now.

ctrlaltdel

So it’s basically Crush’s Coaster 2.0 with less sets?
In terms of spinning, I don't think it's anything like Crush's at all. It's a precisely controlled rotation showcasing the show scenes and around the turns/coaster elements instead of freely spinning. I think that is the actual new tech in the ride, the ride vehicles themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom