Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Just heard they are already running low of "Star-Lord goggles" a.k.a. 3D glasses. Riders are confiscating them as "free" souvenirs. More are being ordered and CMs are checking guests at exit to make sure they dispose of them in the appropriate bins. The 3D projection effects, especially Eson the Searcher are a huge part of the ride experience. Without the glasses the scenes are unfortunately less immersive. Yes, this is a joke. Thank you for reading.

doctornick

Just heard they are already running low of "Star-Lord goggles" a.k.a. 3D glasses. Riders are confiscating them as "free" souvenirs. More are being ordered and CMs are checking guests at exit to make sure they dispose of them in the appropriate bins. The 3D projection effects, especially Eson the Searcher are a huge part of the ride experience. Yes, this is a joke. Thank you for reading.
:confused:

I know you said you are joking, but I'm not sure I get it. Are there 3D glasses for this ride? I didn't think there was.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
:confused:

I know you said you are joking, but I'm not sure I get it. Are there 3D glasses for this ride? I didn't think there was.
No. In the early days of development we were treated to concept art that had people questioning if the attraction had 3D glasses for the queue and ride. I remembered that and wondered if, now that reviews are trickling in, if this ride wouldn't actually benefit from 3D effects however improbable or impractical.

WDWJoeG

But in this case we aren’t paying the price directly.

A better example would be McDonalds paying $10 for a pound of beef rather than $5, our cost for a burger will be $3.20 instead of $3… the cost is passed indirectly onto us but most people won’t notice any difference in quality because of the .20 increase.

If Epcot had to increase ticket prices 1000% (to $1500) to pay for this it would matter, the reality is prices will go up the same amount regardless of what Guardians cost.
One way is to increase prices. The other way is to have the same price and half of the front of the park closed/rundown due to lack of investment.

In the Parks
No
Aren't these songs too late for the timeline of Guardians?
Tears for Fears, Flock of Seagulls...
Love the two songs by them, but those were 80's songs.
Do I have the Awesome Mix time frame wrong?
Totally agree on this. Plus Conga is from 1985, which is DEFINITELY too late. Star-Lord was abducted in 1988, but it doesn't match the type of music he likes at all.

doctornick

Peter Quill was taken from Earth in 1988. He had a chance to visit Epcot after all.

I've generally thought of the GotG songs to be mostly 70's into early 80's timeframe and these fit.

Edit: Okay, I looked over the songs from the films and I guess it is a true that none on the soundtracks are from the 80's (there were a few that I thought were early 80's but were actually late 70s). That said, Quill does talk about 80's stuff like Footloose and wanting David Hasselhoff to be his father and naming the ships Milano and Benatar, and using Pac-Man so I've generally thought of him having a good sense of 80s nostalgia as well.

Last edited:
In the Parks
No
I think general audiences will love this ride and see it as the must do for EPCOT. Now wether you agree with the average tourist or not on that will, I think, wildly vary for people on this board

I honestly couldn’t tell one way or the other so if it was a soundalike they did a good enough job for me.
Are there any references to the ridiculous idea that Peter Quill visited Epcot when he was a child?

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Others have said that too. I can only assume that Disney chose those songs because at the time this attraction was conceived all things "80s culture" were at peak revivial. More Timely...

Incomudro

Peter Quill was taken from Earth in 1988. He had a chance to visit Epcot after all.

I've generally thought of the GotG songs to be mostly 70's into early 80's timeframe and these fit.

Edit: Okay, I looked over the songs from the films and I guess it is a true that none on the soundtracks are from the 80's (there were a few that I thought were early 80's but were actually late 70s). That said, Quill does talk about 80's stuff like Footloose and wanting David Hasselhoff to be his father and naming the ships Milano and Benatar, and using Pac-Man so I've generally thought of him having a good sense of 80s nostalgia as well.
Ok, this makes sense.
As a fan of both eras of songs, I'm a bit disappointed (much as I like these songs) because they don't fit the 70's vibe that I get from the Guardians soundtrack when I've watched the films.

ImperfectPixie

He got his love of music from the cassettes his mother made for him (which was likely music she was into when she was younger and prior to being sick), that's why songs from the early 80s seem like they don't fit as well, but why Quill is so knowledgeable about pop-culture from the 80s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom