Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

UNCgolf

Little Saint Nick would go so well with this ride I’m praying for it.

It's possible -- seems early for Guardians as it was released in 1963, but Come a Little Bit Closer was a major song in Guardians 2 and it was released in 1964.

Hard to go wrong with any Brian Wilson composition (at least if you don't count the ones with Eugene Landy's involvement).

Goofnut1980

Kinda silly when an attraction is already popular. Why can't we spend the money on doing over a few other attractions for the winter. They already have the soundtrack for things like Country Bear Christmas. Just do that.

DisneyDebRob

Disney has announced seasonal music is coming to Cosmic Rewind for the holidays -

"This season, the Guardians will trade in their classic hits playlist for a mash-up of seasonal jams at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT. Guests will blast off to the tune of an awesome holiday single, bringing joy to Xandar and Terra, too."
Just please start the Christmas music December 1.. i need to ride it a few times with the original music. Thank you.

Tom Morrow

Thoughts after my second ride...

- It's a good thing that the coaster itself is very fun because when you think about any aspect of this for more than a second, it's a pretty lazy and low effort presentation. It almost seems intentional, so they can easily swap out the theme and do quick overlays (as we already have confirmation on).
- So much effort to make the queue "like an Epcot pavilion", but then immediately when you're teleported to the ship, uh ohz its a big bad guy we know nothing about but we've gotta escape but also help the Guardians via reasons
-
The setup for the coaster portion is SO vague. Who is the bad guy? What is he trying to do? How does he time travel? How do we follow him through time to the big bang? At what point in the ride do we actually defeat him?? How do we get back to present day? WHO KNOWS!
- I wish there was an explanation as to why the music is playing. A quick line would suffice, but instead it just starts.
- They might as well just play the music because you can barely hear the character banter, and the banter is pointless anyway and hardly conveys any story
- That previous point doesn't matter anyway because there is NOTHING in the visuals. Stars, a few projections I can't even really make out, a few planets... there's just nothing. Some parts look kind of cool but it's just so empty feeling

I said this before, but it's not a good Guardians ride as you are never in the same room as them, and it is not a good fit for Epcot because all of the shoe-horned Epcot tributes end with the second pre-show.

Also, wishful thinking but I wish there were a bit more spinning. It feels a bit too "controlled'

But all that nitpicking aside, yes, it is a very fun ride. But it is a little strange to me that so many were quick to label it as the best ride at WDW and their new favorite coaster.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

It's a good thing that the coaster itself is very fun because when you think about any aspect of this for more than a second, it's a pretty lazy and low effort presentation. It almost seems intentional, so they can easily swap out the theme and do quick overlays (as we already have confirmation on).

Although I agree with basically everything you said, it wouldn't be that easy to retheme. Easier than building new sets and AAs, of course, but creating new video to replace what exists on the screens isn't a quick or cheap process.

yensidtlaw1969

Although I agree with basically everything you said, it wouldn't be that easy to retheme. Easier than building new sets and AAs, of course, but creating new video to replace what exists on the screens isn't a quick or cheap process.
I mean . . . it's not that hard or expensive, either. This is the Walt Disney Company we're talking about. It would cost them a little more than it should, given the company's bloat, but they'd likely produce a quick and efficent shoot for what amounts to a couple dozen minutes of video content, most of it animated.

Incomudro

Thoughts after my second ride...

- It's a good thing that the coaster itself is very fun because when you think about any aspect of this for more than a second, it's a pretty lazy and low effort presentation. It almost seems intentional, so they can easily swap out the theme and do quick overlays (as we already have confirmation on).
- So much effort to make the queue "like an Epcot pavilion", but then immediately when you're teleported to the ship, uh ohz its a big bad guy we know nothing about but we've gotta escape but also help the Guardians via reasons
-
The setup for the coaster portion is SO vague. Who is the bad guy? What is he trying to do? How does he time travel? How do we follow him through time to the big bang? At what point in the ride do we actually defeat him?? How do we get back to present day? WHO KNOWS!
- I wish there was an explanation as to why the music is playing. A quick line would suffice, but instead it just starts.
- They might as well just play the music because you can barely hear the character banter, and the banter is pointless anyway and hardly conveys any story
- That previous point doesn't matter anyway because there is NOTHING in the visuals. Stars, a few projections I can't even really make out, a few planets... there's just nothing. Some parts look kind of cool but it's just so empty feeling

I said this before, but it's not a good Guardians ride as you are never in the same room as them, and it is not a good fit for Epcot because all of the shoe-horned Epcot tributes end with the second pre-show.

Also, wishful thinking but I wish there were a bit more spinning. It feels a bit too "controlled'

But all that nitpicking aside, yes, it is a very fun ride. But it is a little strange to me that so many were quick to label it as the best ride at WDW and their new favorite coaster.
You're thinking about this way too much.

UNCgolf

I mean . . . it's not that hard or expensive, either. This is the Walt Disney Company we're talking about. It would cost them a little more than it should, given the company's bloat, but they'd likely produce a quick and efficent shoot for what amounts to a couple dozen minutes of video content, most of it animated.

CGI is pretty expensive and takes time. It's not something they could just throw together in a couple of weeks.

I think it's unlikely that Disney really considered retheme possibilities, although as I said, it is certainly easier than building new sets and AAs. Essentially all of the on-ride work could be done without having to close anything (just swap out the video once it's ready) although they might have to do some physical work in the preshow areas.

Last edited:

CntrlFlPete

I thought the ride portion was us going back to the big bang to save Rock-n-Roll?

Before launch, there is some banter and music is brought up, the really big dude yells 'what is that noise' -- he decides to go back in time and erase music -- so we rock back to try and stop him and to save music!

That was my take on the music part anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom