Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind preview notification thread

Disney Experience

Just saw the message that was sent at 9:35 am. But both annual passholder and DVC slots are all full (ie cannot even enter the queue).

If they expected more requests than they have slots, they should have had a announcement a day ahead of when the queue would open up for random allotment. Or just had people opt into a randomize lottery (Like Yosemite does for half dome passes)

DonaldDoleWhip

I was awake before 6am and would have considered booking some nights in Orlando for this (West Coaster).

But with other priorities this morning and no email notification, now I don’t have to. Woohoo! 🙌

brettf22

Premium Member
Disney used the same system for both. A poster on DIS played around and discovered a link which got you to the queue page for DVC. The internet
spread this link

Then Disney’s IT department is even more incompetent than I thought, making a page publicly available before release. But unless this link was found a day before it was supposed to (which i guess has to be a possibility), it still isn’t good customer service to give advanced notice to DVC, and no notice to APs.

lunchbox1175

The 23rd wasn't an option - the dates were 8-10, 15, 16, 18-21.
Well...that's good I guess, now at least i don't feel like I'm missing out. Will be at the parks 20th and 21st as well, but already have all my dining reservations and such in place so wouldn't have been able to do those days anyways. Maybe they will have some kind of soft opening/testing for park guests on 23rd.

lewisc

Then Disney’s IT department is even more incompetent than I thought, making a page publicly available before release. But unless this link was found a day before it was supposed to (which i guess has to be a possibility), it still isn’t good customer service to give advanced notice to DVC, and no notice to APs.
Neither received official advanced notice from Disney. A poster on Disboards discovered the link by trial and error. Used previous links as a template.

Sites, including this site went with. Treated it as official.

That said Disney's IT isn't good

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

An email was sent out, note it says Annual Passholders and eligible DVC members:

1649964239903.png

scottnj1966

I never received an email for this event. Last I heard it was just for DVC members so I didnt go look. Very frustrating Disney cannot do these events without some problem.

I never received an email regarding the Remy preview neither. A friend told me about it just in time.

We followed the AP email that we received at 9:10am and reserved our date. A friend followed the link that was posted by every Disney site. Interestingly, they booked using the posted link found online, but never received their confirmation email.
I’m curious if those who followed the posted link, found online, didn’t actually reserve anything. That link didn’t seem to use the Queue It.
Of course, I could also be way off too!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
We followed the AP email that we received at 9:10am and reserved our date. A friend followed the link that was posted by every Disney site. Interestingly, they booked using the posted link found online, but never received their confirmation email.
I’m curious if those who followed the posted link, found online, didn’t actually reserve anything. That link didn’t seem to use the Queue It.
Yep you are way off ;) The link - at least the one I posted here - was valid and has confirmed reservations with emails.

lewisc

Many, most?, of us found the confirmation in our junk folder. Depending on your ISP, and spam settings, the email might have been deleted.

DonaldDoleWhip

Many, most?, of us found the confirmation in our junk folder. Depending on your ISP, and spam settings, the email might have been deleted.
Nope, I've checked. Not junk, not trash, nothing. (Edit: realized you were talking about the confirmation, not the initial notification)

In any case, for the amount these tickets cost, it's unacceptable they can't get the email list right, especially when they've otherwise subscribed me to every branch of the company I don't care about.

Last edited:

cmnanus

I was in the same boat but ended up finding the confirmation in my spam folder. Try checking there.

Next Big Thing

Yep you are way off ;) The link - at least the one I posted here - was valid and has confirmed reservations with emails.
so.... what happens to someone like me who didn't get an e-mail alert about the registration and didn't get a confirmation email, but signed up for the 16th?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom