Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind preview notification thread

Lil Copter Cap

The legalize at the bottom of the confirmation stated to expect an email in 3-5 days.
I believe it mentions that in regards to before the event: "Passholders with confirmed reservations will receive an additional email with details on how to check in for their reservation 3 to 5 business days in advance of their selected event date"

Typically I receive one right away for confirmation of registration. But it seems to not be an isolated issue and others have also not received a confirmation. That was all I needed!

Touchdown

I believe it mentions that in regards to before the event: "Passholders with confirmed reservations will receive an additional email with details on how to check in for their reservation 3 to 5 business days in advance of their selected event date"

Typically I receive one right away for confirmation of registration. But it seems to not be an isolated issue and others have also not received a confirmation. That was all I needed!
I’ve got my screenshot as a backup until then.

Den Carter

Opened the queue link. Estimate said 57 minutes. The number went up and down a fair bit but after exactly 59 minutes I got to the end of the queue. So far, so good. But then I landed on the Stitch 'someone ate this page' page. Sense of doom. There was nothing much I could do except refresh the page and hope for the best. The best didn't come. I spent 10 minutes seeing the Woody 'Please wait' page rotate, then a 404 error message. Damn. Decided to start again and all spaces are now booked up. Disney really needs a better system to manage these things. A random lottery would be better. At least then it's a genuine game of luck, rather than luck rolled up in dubious technology... so I've wasted over an hour and come away with nothing but frustration. Yay.

Piebald

I got the email at 9:18am but Gmail sent it to the folder where all the stupid coupons and promotions go.

Oh well, we aren't in the country during previews anyways so I guess we will have to wait until after summer and wait 3hrs or whatever

valenrandy

I took a screen shot of the confirmation and printed it aswell. I have yet to receive a confirmation email about the event. Is it also tagged onto our magic band or not? I see that it includes a park reservation for Epcot so I am hoping I can go to Epcot first thing in the morning without problem.

ChevisMickey

I waited in the queue but the event filled up. It was my fault, we got the email at 9:13 but I didn’t see it in time. Any chance more slots will open up?
This is Disney's fault. Yes, they notified APs that passes would open soon, but dropping it without a specific time while many are at work or travelling to work is the worst kind of experience they could have given.
Yes, I missed out even though I logged on and was in the queue for 20 minutes. They should have opened it at a specific time with an advance email noting the time for everyone to plan for it. That's what Disney is all about now, planning. I would be disappointed given advance warning and missing out, now I just add to the bitterness at what Disney is becoming.

brettf22

Premium Member
This is Disney's fault. Yes, they notified APs that passes would open soon, but dropping it without a specific time while many are at work or travelling to work is the worst kind of experience they could have given.
Yes, I missed out even though I logged on and was in the queue for 20 minutes. They should have opened it at a specific time with an advance email noting the time for everyone to plan for it. That's what Disney is all about now, planning. I would be disappointed given advance warning and missing out, now I just add to the bitterness at what Disney is becoming.

Definitely disappointing that they went with the queue-it system for DVC, but then sprang a “first come first served” system on APs with no warning. Oh well, yet the another AP email not received and no preview for me. I’ll live.

I got the 15th, saw the link on social media at 9am and jumped on, got the email about it at 9:12 from Disney, Got my email confirmation within a half hour. Also unlike the Remy preview the time frame is only for a half hour not an hour.

diggity16

I’ve also heard that people who belong to DVC, AP, etc can get multiple reservations so there’s that

lunchbox1175

I was at the freaking doctor, so this sucks. Find it interesting that you don't already have to have a park reservation. Does anyone know if they had spots on 5/23? That's my current day planned at Epcot.

DCBaker

Premium Member
I was at the freaking doctor, so this sucks. Find it interesting that you don't already have to have a park reservation. Does anyone know if they had spots on 5/23? That's my current day planned at Epcot.

The 23rd wasn't an option - the dates were 8-10, 15, 16, 18-21.

correcaminos

So I'm curious about how all this will work for us.

We were able to get a 4:30-5pm preview, but our flight lands at 3:30pm. My plan right now is to send my husband on in a Lyft straight to Epcot so he can ride, and I'll get luggage and get me and our toddler to the hotel. I'm assuming, they're not going to let me do it since there's no way for us to both get there in that window. Or are they lax on it and would let us switch out after he rides? He'll have to exit the park to come watch our daughter while I go ride. And if he does that, can he go back into Epcot since he will have a built in park res with the preview?

So many questions :hilarious: Ideally we'd be able to move our flight to get there earlier, but right now that would be a $500 upcharge and no ride preview is worth that to me.
I managed a BG for Remy at 7 am waiting on a flight that was taking off at 7:05. Landed a little late. I was in my rental over at Epcot before my window was up... they called it at 9:35 as I was BG 11.

Would it be worth it to get a rental car for one day? Drive straight over and leave luggage in the car?

lewisc

Definitely disappointing that they went with the queue-it system for DVC, but then sprang a “first come first served” system on APs with no warning. Oh well, yet the another AP email not received and no preview for me. I’ll live.
Disney used the same system for both. A poster on DIS played around and discovered a link which got you to the queue page for DVC. The internet
spread this link

Does anyone know if they will randomly open up the registration again for cancellations?
Disney didn't for past previews. I assumed no shows were assumed and used in determining the number of reservations allowed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom