News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

ctrlaltdel

This certainly seems like it will be up there in intensity in terms of Disney coasters. Certainly on a level below RnR, but just looking at the section of track that we've seen (with the helixes and banked turns with what would should be a decent amount of speed) and knowing there will be a backwards launch means that this will have some decent forces on it. Looking back through the thread, there doesn't seem to be any confirmation on how fast the launch(es) will be. A backwards launch really doesn't need a lot of speed to be fairly intense.

Now, I'm not saying it's gonna be competing with Velocicoaster in terms of physical thrills, but this should be one of the more intense in the "family coaster" genre. Only thing I'm not sure of is if there are any substantial drops/pops of airtime on this, which would certainly add to how much fun it would ultimately be. What we currently see doesn't really show any of that, but it is possible it is in the other part of the show-building.

EricsBiscuit

It’s grown on me too. Especially when the finale smoke works properly.
The rock work and set pieces are really well done. When the screen at the end moves I always find that fascinating (especially when the effect you mentioned works). The queue is also magnificent. The music score (especially at the end) is also great. Hopefully CR will have an impressive score.

SailorMercury

I'm not reading all 744 pages of this thread but does this have a shot of opening by May 2022? Not holding my breath because I just saw 2023 on another site. Probably my last time at Disney unless I move to Orlando.
It has a shot, but I’d honestly be surprised if it opens before the 100th anniversary of the company (2023)

doctornick

BTM is more intense than Gringott’s (neither is really intense). If Uni added just one more turn or drop at the end of Gringott’s it would be so much better (still a great ride that has grown on me).
I feel like Gingotts is not as intense simply because it consists of short spurts of roller coastering combined with numerous show scenes while stopped. It never runs long enough to be super thrilling even if the ride system would allow for it if it had a different layout.

I’m of the impression that GOTG will use the turning aspect more “during” the roller coaster part of the ride, pointing specific directions (at certain show scenes) while in motion.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Ever see this ride? I have no idea what it's about, maybe could use a little finessing, but I think the ride/design (different story obviously) would be an awesome dark ride for Disney - I'm guessing GOTG is going to be nothing like this? Because when I read turning, it's what I had in mind! :D

Yes, the turning will be controlled and designed like this.

This was actually the originally intended ride system for the Forbidden Forrest roller coaster that became Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure.

tommyhawkins

This certainly seems like it will be up there in intensity in terms of Disney coasters. Certainly on a level below RnR, but just looking at the section of track that we've seen (with the helixes and banked turns with what would should be a decent amount of speed) and knowing there will be a backwards launch means that this will have some decent forces on it. Looking back through the thread, there doesn't seem to be any confirmation on how fast the launch(es) will be. A backwards launch really doesn't need a lot of speed to be fairly intense.

Now, I'm not saying it's gonna be competing with Velocicoaster in terms of physical thrills, but this should be one of the more intense in the "family coaster" genre. Only thing I'm not sure of is if there are any substantial drops/pops of airtime on this, which would certainly add to how much fun it would ultimately be. What we currently see doesn't really show any of that, but it is possible it is in the other part of the show-building.

Slowest I could go on my model was ~47-48mph which isnt exactly slow, but the launch tunnel is nearly double the length of RnRC and about 10mph slower, so its not going to be the same acceleration and Gs, then its going into a tophat type floaty element before the first brake run, so its somewhat gentle. then after that the average pace is slower than Hagrids, especially if theres a lift hill later on
I agree BTM seems somewhat appropriate approximation as a jumping off point....but more...

Last edited:

bcoachable

This sounds like a puke fest of a ride.
Edit to say that I am sure it will be an awesome experience. After reading about backwards launches, twisting cars, and g force inducing banked turns- I’m personally not going to be able to ride and am really bummed by that (unless they make a green mission) :)

Last edited:

Bocabear

Ever see this ride? I have no idea what it's about, maybe could use a little finessing, but I think the ride/design (different story obviously) would be an awesome dark ride for Disney - I'm guessing GOTG is going to be nothing like this? Because when I read turning, it's what I had in mind! :D

This would make a great Neverland Coaster or Peter Pan 2.0... Not too fast that it is a real thrill ride, but faster and longer than the current Peter Pan ride.

cjkeating

Arthur is a great ride. I can't believe Disney haven't utilised this ride system yet especially now they have purchased a coaster from Mack (Slinky Dog Dash).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom