News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

FettFan

It was stated that it would be about the excitement of space.

So....Guardians of the Galaxy Exploring Space on the left. Mission Space Exploring Space on the right.

And a great big waste of space in the middle.
Wonders%20of%20Life_0.jpg

rudyjr13

It was stated that it would be about the excitement of space.

From their blog post:

"First, a “Guardians of the Galaxy”-inspired attraction will be added to Future World, adhering to the original vision of Epcot’s Future World as the place to experience the excitement and adventure offered by space travel."

First off I love space so that's interesting to me. Second, we don't know what kind of an experience it will be.

rudyjr13

No one is going to boycott. Yes, there will an initial bump in attendance, like any new E attraction would do. I'm not against UOE being replaced and I'm not opposed to the ride itself. I'm saying the ride is in the wrong park.

I'm looking for more here. Why do you believe that? Why can't they use Guardians just like they used Ellen and Jeopardy all these years? And what is the ride even going to be?

lazyboy97o

From their blog post:

"First, a “Guardians of the Galaxy”-inspired attraction will be added to Future World, adhering to the original vision of Epcot’s Future World as the place to experience the excitement and adventure offered by space travel."

First off I love space so that's interesting to me. Second, we don't know what kind of an experience it will be.
I'm looking for more here. Why do you believe that? Why can't they use Guardians just like they used Ellen and Jeopardy all these years? And what is the ride even going to be?
It’s a roller coaster through space. It’s not about Energy and not about the future (the Marvel Theme Park Universe is set in the present)

invader

One revised a current attraction using an 30 year old solidified educational entertainment TV show. It kept the same traveling theater system.

The other ruined the cohesiveness of Future Land and shoehorned a flash in the pan IP.

UoE should have received an update, this is not what it deserved.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm sick of the opinions and desires of basic Disney "fans", those who have no god dang respect for the core themes and values of Epcot, those that set the park apart from literally every theme park in the world, getting a platform to spew their nonsense. Yes, I have no doubt this attraction will be great fun; no denying they will spare no effort. I'm sure the queue and other elements of the show will be top notch. But it doesn't change the fact this is another ill placed attracted based on a crap movie franchise.

I can live with your poor judgment of me. I hope you can do the same!

BSikor

I am sad to see a classic go away. I love UOE and the tech marvels around it. It's seen better days, heck the sound proof doors don't even shut properly most the time now.

I think it's funny to see them tie the Guardians into Epcot Center of the past. Blue sky: I would love to see them restore the original UOE preshow and then half way through it, a young Peter Quill lookalike in the crowd is interacting with a breakdown in the attraction show. The automatic doors open and the new ride is revealed.

Rodan75

Anyone who think this is a great addition is frankly unintelligent and their opinion shouldn't be taken seriously. I'm not sorry. I'm sick of the opinions and desires of basic Disney "fans", those who have no god dang respect for the core themes and values of Epcot, those that set the park apart from literally every theme park in the world, getting a platform to spew their nonsense. It's frankly why I despise most of my Disney friends, they're mindless drones who lap up everything Disney throws at them. Yes, I have no doubt this attraction will be great fun; no denying they will spare no effort. I'm sure the queue and other elements of the show will be top notch. But it doesn't change the fact this is another ill placed attracted based on a crap movie franchise.

Someone needs to step off that pedestal.

Madame Medusa

Some of us aren't just content, some of us are overjoyed. Not only was it a long overdue death sentence for that horrible and unpopular ride, it's being replaced with something that's sure to be amazing.

The Guardians ToT turned out well and that was a cheap overlay. The sky's the limit with actual space and creative freedom to make an E-Ticket based on these beloved heroes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom