• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

mm121

I knew it was coming, but now that it it's confirmed, I am bummed. I still think they should have rethemed rockin roller coaster to Guardians. Also bummed about another roller coaster I can't ride being added and losing the inspirational edutainment aspect of the original park.

with all these new coasters, what age group is disney trying to attract?

and I agree its disappointing that in order to update epcot they feel the need to abandon the vision that epcot has been since it opened as being the more educational park

how many coasters does disney NEED? aren't there any other ride systems that could be used

MisterPenguin

Fully Pfizered!
Premium Member
with all these new coasters, what age group is disney trying to attract?

and I agree its disappointing that in order to update epcot they feel the need to abandon the vision that epcot has been since it opened as being the more educational park

how many coasters does disney NEED? aren't there any other ride systems that could be used

They want to attract all ages. A 'family thrill' ride in GotG (comparable to RnRC) with a truly extensive queue. An all-ages Rat ride. An almost all ages new Green ride for M:S. They had just added FEA last year, another all-ages ride. Expanded Soarin', another almost all-ages ride. It's very likely that the B or C Ticket UK ride will be all ages.

Chapek went out of his way two years in a row to say that Epcot's going to be more family friendly. Lot's of things happening to make that happen, GotG is the exception amidst all the other changes.

mm121

IPCot. For the days the Magic Kingdom is overcrowded.

Brain cells are optional.
so true
Why don't they just rename every park to "Disney Studios"

They should play the Universe of Energy theme while you ride the new attraction since it was an 80s song. It could be on Starlord's Epcot Center playlist.
or disney ip land #1, #2, #3, #4 if this keeps up
They want to attract all ages. A 'family thrill' ride in GotG (comparable to RnRC) with a truly extensive queue. An all-ages Rat ride. An almost all ages new Green ride for M:S. They had just added FEA last year, another all-ages ride. Expanded Soarin', another almost all-ages ride. It's very likely that the B or C Ticket UK ride will be all ages.

Chapek went out of his way two years in a row to say that Epcot's going to be more family friendly. Lot's of things happening to make that happen, GotG is the exception amidst all the other changes.

gotg seems like a way for parents to bribe teens to go to epcot

a demographic that universal has mastered attracting and disney has been failing at, so much so that some families send the girls to MK and the boys to universal

What changed in the Marvel contract to allow this? I know GOTG isnt an IP universal is using so thats most likely why

are there other marvel properties disney could use in the future that arent part of the universes that unversal is using as i know those characters are currently off limits,

MerlinTheGoat

IPCot. For the days the Magic Kingdom is overcrowded.

Brain cells are optional.
So all the days you mean? Though at this rate, IPCot will also be overcrowded and arguably already is in some areas. They've been hellbent on removing efficient high capacity attractions since the mid 90s and seem more than happy to continue doing so well into the future (guessing that GOTG is also below UoE in this area as well).

This "Epcot v3" AKA IPCot is actually making me hate v2 a little less...what is this world coming to? Brain cells are probably going to be a hindrance for being able to enjoy this.
tenor.gif

MansionButler84

In the Parks
No
I imagine there will be significant drainage work and land prep necessary before the start of construction.
Yes. That land behind Space Mtn is a designated expansion pad but not in any way ready to support this ride.

Beyond that, it will open when they want it to open. Similarly, Toy Story Land could be done now. But they wanted 2018.

danlb_2000

I imagine there will be significant drainage work and land prep necessary before the start of construction.

Correct. We saw the permit recently for re-routing the canal back there and creating new drainage ponds. That permit was approved on June 6th so I would expect that work to start pretty soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom