News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

rudyjr13

Yeah, people love lots of stuff, doesn't mean it all belongs in Epcot.

What belongs in Epcot is objective. Even during what is considered it's golden age in the late 80s/early 90s, I hated going to the countries because I wanted rides and characters. I was born in 1980. Yes I have fond memories of Horizons and the pre-Nemo Seas but I'm a fan of the IPs and enjoy experiencing them and watching my kids experience them. As long as we get quality experiences I'm happy with these decisions to incorporate more IP in Epcot. It couldn't keep plodding along in its current sad state.

The_Jobu

Ridiculous comment.

Looks like my opinion is the direction they are heading so I'll be there at Epcot enjoying the new experiences. What are you going to do?

Sit here and continue being right, I guess?

I'm glad you can finally enjoy Epcot now without that pesky theme in the way. Maybe one day they'll bulldoze world showcase to make room for more rides and characters for you.

thepirateking

So let's talk about the actual ride. From what I remember @marni1971 saying it seems like it will be a lot of endless queues and preshows with a very short show presence in the on-ride experience.

If this is true that is very disappointing. I think Guardians could be done well, and queues and preshows can be great, but I really don't want a RNRC type ride where you're flying by cutouts/screenz.

Give me animatronics (more than just Rocket), give me sets, give me something that looks great.

If the queue and preshows are in the gigantic Energy building, hopefully they include lots of cool scenes, AAs and effects. As some have said, queues are the new attractions. I'd rather spend time in looking at a nice scene in a queue than speeding by it at full speed. I wonder if the queue will be something like Universal has for the Jimmy Fallon ride. More of a place to hang out vs. waiting in a serpentine line?? I'm not sure an approach like that would work on something this scale (crowd-wise), but I have to hope it will be innovative. I hope they make good use of all that space.

Lora Baines Bradley

I can't speak for everyone else against this change, but for me, my main beef is where this is going and pretending you are adding something that is in line with the original purpose of EPCOT Center, when it obviously is not.

I don't have anything against GotG, in fact, I am a huge fan of the MCU and would have been ecstatic if this was going in RNRC. I was earnestly refreshing the Live Action panel today just for a snippet of Infinity War news.

The dislike towards this is mainly fueled by the fact that recent IP insertions into EPCOT have been lackluster. It's not in line with what EPCOT is about, which is why people on here are so upset.

I'm not in denial that this isn't happening. It is, for better or worse. But, like you said, I can dislike this news. I can post negatively about this news. That's the purpose of a discussion board like this one. For the record, I'm 17 years old. A target demographic. So I'm not pining for the good old days, because I never lived them. But I want to. I want to ride Horizons and get the sense of awe that everyone talks about. I want to ride the original Journey Into Imagination and feel like anything is possible. But I can't, and probably never will. I hope this ride will be good. I was very happy with the rest of the announcements today at D23, for the most part.

I just want to experience EPCOT Center one day, that's all.

I wasn't expecting this many likes from this post, thank you all! And I am now considered a well known member...o_O As a long time lurker (been browsing since I was 12) of these forums, getting that title is sort of surreal...:jawdrop:

HonorableMention

If the queue and preshows are in the gigantic Energy building, hopefully they include lots of cool scenes, AAs and effects. As some have said, queues are the new attractions. I'd rather spend time in looking at a nice scene in a queue than speeding by it at full speed. I wonder if the queue will be something like Universal has for the Jimmy Fallon ride. More of a place to hang out vs. waiting in a serpentine line?? I'm not sure an approach like that would work on something this scale (crowd-wise), but I have to hope it will be innovative. I hope they make good use of all that space.
I agree, but Disney could do something like Mummy or Gringotts where scenes are unfolding around you until you finally get to the thrilling parts. I am always okay with well themed queues and preshows, but the ride matters too.

On the topic, that concept art of Rocket and Groot next to the Milano is giving me serious Star Tours queue vibes.

Movielover

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm super excited for this! Can't wait to strut into EPCOT listening to that Awesome Mix!

giphy.gif

FettFan

I'm sure it will be great....but I have two concerns....
1. How exactly does Guardians of the Galaxy tie in to the theme of Energy? That's what UoE is supposed to be....Energy. The only reason it had dinosaurs in it for so long is because the primeval world scene was meant to be the birthplace of fossil fuels.

Speaking of dinosaurs...
2. Really not a fan of saying goodbye to the dinos. They've been an integral part of Epcot Center for 35 years, created from the same plans used for Ford's Magic Skyway at the 1964 World's Fair.
I hope they get re-homed at Dinoland USA. Maybe put in a gentle Omnimover ride for them as an alternative to loud and intense "Dinosaur!".

I am fully hoping for something at least a little bit educational here. I don't know, like have them on an Alternative Energy Adventure or something. Not just another damn thrill ride.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
The only thing Peter Quill would be doing on a return trip to EPCOT is complaint to Guest Services about removing Harizons and the lack of Dream Finder.

On a side note very sad that we won't get our last ride in on either GMR or Ellen before they close. Was really hoping for a post labor day close for both attractions.

Riddick

I'll reserve judgement on this, hopefully they can make it something special.
But Disney better not close anymore rides during October, it's getting a little ridiculous...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom