News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

dovetail65

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I did not understand that either. I think they meant the uncertainty of Gardian's 3 being made at the time.
Yeah, that one makes no sense. We're going to feature Xandar, which is in the first movie, but we don't know if the 3rd movie will be made so we need to cut the AA's. o_O The mental gymnastics around this whole project are just mind-boggling.

dovetail65

Yeah, that one makes no sense. We're going to feature Xandar, which is in the first movie, but we don't know if the 3rd movie will be made so we need to cut the AA's. o_O The mental gymnastics around this whole project are just mind-boggling.
Maybe when Gunn was wishy washy on directing they ran scared which makes no sense either. Or just cut costs because heck we dont need do that, people will come anyhow, who knows.

I had no idea apparently there was some minor scandal related to the making of the 3rd movie./

totchos

Quite frankly Everest is still one of the greatest rides ever built in terms of theming and I’m tired of people who pretend it’s not because a yeti you pass for 2 seconds no longer actually moves.
I wish the yeti was fixed (even if you do only see it for a couple seconds) but I will say, sometimes I look at that mountain and im amazed at how well it was done. Especially from certain vantage points across the lake, the forced perspective is insane.

ToTBellHop

Because I am a naturally generous person, I will be installing this AA the first time I ride so you all can enjoy it. I will even supply the AA batteries.
1648833744794.jpeg

I know what you are thinking:he gives too much!

And you’re right. But I’m a naturally giving person.

You‘re welcome.

P.S. I don’t think I’m riding until late June, so for those visiting the first few weeks, remember: the ride is not done yet!

tommyhawkins

It’s completely reasonable to be disappointed in this. Disney themselves set ridiculously high stakes for this one attraction. They spent half of the EPCOT overhaul budget on this one attraction. We aren’t getting another E Ticket in the park for another 10-15 years. And now we’re finding out that it likely won’t have animatronics or physical elements needed to make it an immersive atmospheric experience, on top of the fact that it doesn’t even fit the park.

This attraction needs to be better than just a “fun coaster in space” for all of the things given up to construct it.
For all those people who gave their lives building this ride right?
i think Corless is using creative license on this matter. Gunn has already said its a different universe for the ride, so nothing happens in the movie impacts the ride and vice versa. WDI and Feige could have made that call with or with Gunn on the project, they have two movies to pull story from.

I obviously agree AAs would have been a nice addition for the slower parts, its not really a deal breaker for me. Do people who angrily want AAs in CR hate all the Disney rides that dont have them?

ToTBellHop

For all those people who gave their lives building this ride right?

i think Corless is using creative license on this matter. Gunn has already said its a different universe for the ride, so nothing happens in the movie impacts the ride and vice versa. WDI and Feige could have made that call with or with Gunn on the project, they have two movies to pull story from.

I obviously agree AAs would have been a nice addition for the slower parts, its not really a deal breaker for me. Do people who angrily want AAs in CR hate all the Disney rides that dont have them?
Most WDW E-Tickets have AAs. Kilimanjaro obviously gets a pass. And people have indeed complained when Epcot classics were replaced with thrill rides lacking AAs. Test Track and Mission: Space hardly receive universal acclaim.

ToTBellHop

Hey don't forget Little red!! lol

It actually had AA's when it opened.
Situation got real very quickly when you heard, “Big Red has been shot!”

I had forgotten about the Jeep, too. That was a cool effect. Little Red was nothing to write home about when you could see real elephants, though.

It is crazy how many effects have broken property wide and not been repaired. They become legend. “I seem to remember this used to happen…”

Wasn‘t the ToT boiler room foggy in the ‘90s? Could have been a dream for all I know.

UNCgolf

I wouldn't say I hate them all (Flight of Passage and Soarin' are fun off the top of my head), but Tower of Terror is the only Disney ride without AAs that's even in the top 10 attractions resort wide unless I'm completely forgetting something.

UNCgolf

Quite frankly Everest is still one of the greatest rides ever built in terms of theming and I’m tired of people who pretend it’s not because a yeti you pass for 2 seconds no longer actually moves.

It's not just the yeti -- the mist effects are a big loss too. It made a significant difference in the ride experience when the top of the mountain was obscured and you didn't know the broken track was there in advance.

lazyboy97o

I did not understand that either. I think they meant the uncertainty of Guardian's 3 being made at all at the time or who was going to direct etc.

Unlike Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, which is very specifically set within the singular current Star Wars cannon, the Marvel attractions are not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Instead, they are part of a distinct Marvel Theme Park Universe with a lot of visual similarities but also notable differences, such as The Blip not happening.

ToTBellHop

I wouldn't say I hate them all (Flight of Passage and Soarin' are fun off the top of my head), but Tower of Terror is the only Disney ride without AAs that's even in the top 10 attractions resort wide unless I'm completely forgetting something.
Lest we forget, FoP has an amazing AA in the queue!

Soarin has amazing…duct work! It’s meant to simulate the Magic of La Guardia Airport.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom