News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Rob562

The mist covered the view maybe of the broken track until the last second is what I think he is saying. Now we can see the broken track long before we get there? The shadow effect the Yeti shown breaking it up is stil cool for me and worked last time I was on it.
The mist filled the cave between the lifthill and the broken track, obscuring the track switch and making the sudden arrival at the broken track more of a surprise.

But I believe it caused ride system issues and obscured one or more cameras at times, so it was discontinued.

-Rob

UNCgolf

Most people don’t care if the ride has AAs or not, they care if it’s a good ride.

I think that's true of basically everyone; it's just that what constitutes a good ride varies from person to person. A ride doesn't have to have AAs to be good, and having AAs certainly doesn't automatically make a ride good, but a ride that has AAs (and detailed physical sets) is far more likely to be good to me than one that doesn't. I think that's because the type of rides that have physical sets/AAs tend to have an underlying design ethos that's more interesting/enjoyable to me than ones that don't.

Forbidden Journey has AAs and most people think it's amazing -- it would have to be a walk-on for me to ride it and even then I probably wouldn't. The ride system is awful (in terms of being incredibly unpleasant to ride) and like 75% of the ride just isn't remotely interesting. Flight of Passage has no AAs, and while I don't love it as much as others, it's still a very good ride and it could not be done with physical sets and AAs.

Last edited:

dovetail65

Most people don’t care if the ride has AAs or not, they care if it’s a good ride.
The best AA are what make the attraction(not a ride) so good for me and millions of others People may not think hey it must have AA, but invariably the best AA attractions are super good and have staying power and better than just a ride. I think that's the point, some of us were Hoping Guardians would lean little more attraction than just ride, more a hybrid.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Blue == Fancy, better. But, yeah, it's a queue. I can you expect? At least you'll be in line long enough to enjoy all the details they put in. I hope the planetarium "hologram" loop is long enough!

I'd take Pirates, Avatar, Indiana Jones, ToT, and the list goes on.. even Mission Space over this. Heck, even the ancient Space Mountain is more interesting than just a big projection screen.

Tonto

I think that's true of basically everyone; it's just that what constitutes a good ride varies from person to person. A ride doesn't have to have AAs to be good, and having AAs certainly doesn't automatically make a ride good, but a ride that has AAs (and detailed physical sets) is far more likely to be good to me than one that doesn't. I think that's because the type of rides that have physical sets/AAs tend to have an underlying design ethos that's more interesting/enjoyable to me than ones that don't.

Forbidden Journey has AAs and most people think it's amazing -- it would have to be a walk-on for me to ride it and even then I probably wouldn't. The ride system is awful (in terms of being incredibly unpleasant to ride) and like 75% of the ride just isn't remotely interesting. Flight of Passage has no AAs, and while I don't love it as much as others, it's still a very good ride.
Couldn't agree more about the ride system on FJ. This ride is instant nausea for me out of any ride in Disney, and Uni, including Mission Space. I really do want to enjoy this ride too, which is a bummer. My kids and wife love it though!

UNCgolf

Couldn't agree more about the ride system on FJ. This ride is instant nausea for me out of any ride in Disney, and Uni, including Mission Space. I really do want to enjoy this ride too, which is a bummer. My kids and wife love it though!

Yeah, it gave me horrible motion sickness once. It did not give my GF motion sickness, but she still hated it because of how much it jerks you around -- her neck hurt after we rode.

I've also been on it once without getting sick, and it was still unpleasant -- more importantly, though, all of the broom flying parts bored me. Only a small part of the ride is actually entertaining to me even if you ignore the ride system.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
The fandom's obsession with AA and thinking they are what's right or wrong with the world is really sad and short sighted. AAs are just a tool for a certain purpose - they don't really work well for a lot of things! Stop trying to copy pieces thinking that's what makes something good.

What this thing lacks is anything of substance.. nothing to explore.. nothing to push your imagination and wonder except a giant projection screen... the same screen.. you'll entertain yourself with through the majority of the indoor queue.

This thing is as souless as the Soarin' queue.. which is equally boring. Swoopy walls, fancy metal overlays, big screens/images, neon color lighting.. and you could be anywhere.. not necessarily being funneled to Soarin'.

To think 1979 imagineers put a one of kind kinetic sculpure in this space.. amazing reveals.. and freaking DINOSAURS in this building.. and 2022 imagineers think a CGI video loop is cool now. smh

dreday3

The fandom's obsession with AA and thinking they are what's right or wrong with the world is really sad and short sighted. AAs are just a tool for a certain purpose - they don't really work well for a lot of things! Stop trying to copy pieces thinking that's what makes something good.

What this thing lacks is anything of substance.. nothing to explore.. nothing to push your imagination and wonder except a giant projection screen... the same screen.. you'll entertain yourself with through the majority of the indoor queue.

This thing is as souless as the Soarin' queue.. which is equally boring. Swoopy walls, fancy metal overlays, big screens/images, neon color lighting.. and you could be anywhere.. not necessarily being funneled to Soarin'.

To think 1979 imagineers put a one of kind kinetic sculpure in this space.. amazing reveals.. and freaking DINOSAURS in this building.. and 2022 imagineers think a CGI video loop is cool now. smh

But I don't think we saw the entire queue yet, did we? They keep saying we are seeing a "taste of" - doesn't that mean there is more to this queue or am I completely misunderstanding? (which happens)

oh my goodness, someone answer my question so I can get on with my life! 😂

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
But I don't think we saw the entire queue yet, did we? They keep saying we are seeing a "taste of" - doesn't that mean there is more to this queue or am I completely misunderstanding? (which happens)
Yes, this is only the first part of your journey. There are preshow rooms, probably holding pens before that, and what looks to be a lot of queue after the preshow. But I think Disney is teasing this as more than just the atrium...

The preshow art of course shows far more intricate stuff and is probably a mix of video wall, physical sets and AAs..
guardians-of-the-galaxy-epcot-concept-art-2-1068x485.jpeg

James Alucobond

Yes, this is only the first part of your journey. There are preshow rooms, probably holding pens before that, and what looks to be a lot of queue after the preshow. But I think Disney is teasing this as more than just the atrium...

The preshow art of course shows far more intricate stuff and is probably a mix of video wall, physical sets and AAs..
View attachment 629929
I assume this stuff is also in the queue at some point:

1648845305099.png

Casper Gutman

I assume this stuff is also in the queue at some point:

View attachment 629938
Yes, which is one of the reasons that it seems safe to say the queue will be very unimpressive. Even in that concept art, it looks like Star Wars Launch Bay - blue lights, barely-themed plastic aesthetic, and display cases. Now compare the concept art of the section of queue we've already seen to the reality, and imagine how much worse this already unimpressive space will look in person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom