News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Phicinfan

Why is it rusting? This is positioned as though it is the icon of the Xandalarian pavilion at the Other-World Showcase, essentially a showpiece by the government of Xandar. The nature of the mount indicates this as well. Why would they display a used, beat-up craft? And if this is meant to be an actual docked craft, nothing about its placement or the design of the stand or surrounding landscaping makes any sense at all. At the most basic level, what is this prop meant to be?
Perhaps it is maintaining the story that it is the last to survive, post being destroyed by Thanos?

Phicinfan

Disney has been pretty clear on not acknowledging that in the attraction. If they do, this becomes a very bleak pavilion.
True, but by reports Nova will be coming to the MCU, perhaps this is how he gets there to begin with... Then again, all the fighters looked like this after the first GotG movie, remember the last fight?

Incomudro

Remember when the IDEA behind EPCOT Future World was to showcase the wonders of shiny new future technology that would improve humanity?

40 Years laters we are celebrating the installation of brand new rusting movie prop.
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy_Full_46760.jpg
Yeah well, we now realize that future isn't happening.

gorillaball

Why is it rusting? This is positioned as though it is the icon of the Xandalarian pavilion at the Other-World Showcase, essentially a showpiece by the government of Xandar. The nature of the mount indicates this as well. Why would they display a used, beat-up craft? And if this is meant to be an actual docked craft, nothing about its placement or the design of the stand or surrounding landscaping makes any sense at all. At the most basic level, what is this prop meant to be?
When you went through the queue and rode the ride was this not explained? Oh wait...

Hawg G

This attraction has to basically be complete and a done deal. Yes? I really hope this doesn’t turn into a Remy situation.
This attraction has to basically be complete and a done deal. Yes? I really hope this doesn’t turn into a Remy situation.
Well, WDW hardly needs something to draw MORE people into the parks. I could absolutely see them delaying this.

mightynine

At this point, I think there’s a betting pool in the PR department to see how many paragraphs they can put into a The Zach post.

Like a reverse name-that-tune.

PR Person 1: “We need to write a post about Epcot Experience closing for good.”
PR Person 2: “I can write that in 4 paragraphs!”
PR Person 1: “Oh yeah? Well, I can do a post about a load station in 5 paragraphs!”
PR Person 2: “I’ll still have a higher total word count!”
PR Person 1: “I’ll make sure to use angular AND make a mention about floors!”
PR Person 2: “Awwwww, no fair!”

Movielover

I see it as a surviving memorial to the battle of Xandar in the 1st Guardians movie. This is one of the few that survived the battle and they placed it here as a memorial and showcase.

matt9112

Valid....I would expect an immaculate almost too clean ship as well...as they are using it as a prop of sorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom