News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

James Alucobond

Yes, which is one of the reasons that it seems safe to say the queue will be very unimpressive. Even in that concept art, it looks like Star Wars Launch Bay - blue lights, barely-themed plastic aesthetic, and display cases. Now compare the concept art of the section of queue we've already seen to the reality, and imagine how much worse this already unimpressive space will look in person.
O ... kay? I was just pointing out that there are likely more sections of the queue than what was mentioned in the post that I quoted, not making any sort of statement about the quality.

James Alucobond

It’s gotta be a holding room before/during the preshow. Otherwise these people are terrible at forming any semblance of a line.
Possible, though art from other angles/sections includes railings that make it appear a bit more like part of the queue.

1648847713505.png

No Name

The best AA are what make the attraction(not a ride) so good for me and millions of others People may not think hey it must have AA, but invariably the best AA attractions are super good and have staying power and better than just a ride. I think that's the point, some of us were Hoping Guardians would lean little more attraction than just ride, more a hybrid.

That’s just not true, there are not millions of people who care about AAs like you do. To insinuate it’s “just” a ride and not a theme park attraction if it doesn’t have AAs is one of the dumbest and most pretentious things I’ve read on here in a while.

tommyhawkins

I have already said this on here, but it bears repeating. Also the room with the railings appears to be after the galaxarium ramp but before the pre show rooms. Maybe the "upstairs" bit is some what limited, but im failing to understand why the court of Niche opinion has come to the verdict that the ride is terrible

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Did everyone forget that "museum" rumor that was supposed to hold some vintage EPCOT stuff? From Zach's post it sounds like it's part of the queue now.

flynnibus

Premium Member
but im failing to understand why the court of Niche opinion has come to the verdict that the ride is terrible
Because people are forming strawman vs what is actually being talked about.

No one said the ride is terrible. People are talking about how a ride with a half billion dollar spend results in an atrium with a big projector... instead of something with real substance.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah, it gave me horrible motion sickness once. It did not give my GF motion sickness, but she still hated it because of how much it jerks you around -- her neck hurt after we rode.

I've also been on it once without getting sick, and it was still unpleasant -- more importantly, though all of the broom flying parts bored me. Only a small part of the ride is actually entertaining to me even if you ignore the ride system.

We'll never ride FJ again. My wife was so motion sick she needed to sleep, and I felt off for hours after riding it.

UNCgolf

I have already said this on here, but it bears repeating. Also the room with the railings appears to be after the galaxarium ramp but before the pre show rooms. Maybe the "upstairs" bit is some what limited, but im failing to understand why the court of Niche opinion has come to the verdict that the ride is terrible

This answers a question I posted earlier -- in the videos it looked like it was all one queue, but I see in your diagram it's actually two separate loops with LL going to one side and regular standby to the other. That makes more sense.

Hawg G

I don't mean to say it looks bad.

I just thought it would be bigger, I guess? Like more of a domed ceiling with a larger projection? It looks a lot smaller than I thought it would be -- I was expecting it to basically fill the whole room. I think the rest of the room being completely empty makes the size (or lack thereof) stand out more.

But again, it's just a video/couple of photos and it could look different in person. Don't really have a sense of scale yet.
Cmon, they only had half a billion bucks.

Hawg G

It's a largely featureless room with a curved plastic aesthetic. As Monty said, its very reminiscent of TT in what seems to be the emerging, generic Future World style. Nothing about it reads Xander, and ABSOLUTELY nothing about it evokes Guardians. Show those images to someone unfamiliar with what WDW is currently building and I highly doubt they are even able to identify this as a Marvel attraction.

Seems in line with Tron and the Star Wars hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom