News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

PizzaPlanet

It's kind of ironic that the last ride ended with a breakdown. The first time I remember riding EEA, the ride broke down while we were in the theater after the dinosaur scene. I was so upset we missed the ending! Did Ellen win Jeopardy? At least a cast member was kind enough to give us the cliff notes version of the ending. Thankfully I was able to ride it interrupted several times in the following years, but I kind of regret skipping it this year and not giving it a proper goodbye. :(

IanDLBZF

It's kind of ironic that the last ride ended with a breakdown. The first time I remember riding EEA, the ride broke down while we were in the theater after the dinosaur scene. I was so upset we missed the ending! Did Ellen win Jeopardy? At least a cast member was kind enough to give us the cliff notes version of the ending. Thankfully I was able to ride it interrupted several times in the following years, but I kind of regret skipping it this year and not giving it a proper goodbye. :(
EEA went 101 twice today.

doctornick

https://twitter.com/ExTrashcan/status/896883905172828167

I really wasn't sad about either of the closings, but this stings...

It's certainly possible, even likely, that many of those AAs get reused -- at least being reskinned for other attractions in the future. I mean, if the rumors about the Alcatraz ride having over 100 AAs planned are true, they could use many there....

A lot of us are holding out hope that the dinosaur AAs from this ride might be used for a primeval world diorama for the MK railroad or put in a new attraction in Dinoland USA. Would seem a waste otherwise.

becca_

It's certainly possible, even likely, that many of those AAs get reused -- at least being reskinned for other attractions in the future. I mean, if the rumors about the Alcatraz ride having over 100 AAs planned are true, they could use many there....

A lot of us are holding out hope that the dinosaur AAs from this ride might be used for a primeval world diorama for the MK railroad or put in a new attraction in Dinoland USA. Would seem a waste otherwise.
I really hope so. I just would like to know where they will end up, especially if they get moved to another attraction. That'd ease the feeling that they don't care about the rides lol.

Movielover

To absent friends...

kirk-and-everybody-drinkingjpg.jpeg

IanDLBZF

Apparently the ride had gone 101 twice. The first time it came back up, the second time original plans were to have a re-ride, turns out that never happened. Am I the only one who says this, but "good riddance" Ellen's Energy Adventure. Many of the original UoE fans never even liked it and are glad to see it gone.

IanDLBZF

I just feel bad for the fans. Ya know, the people that had wanted to be the last to ride it. Although evacs are fun, I would have been disappointed.
Yeah, me too.
Happened to me once with Frozen Ever After, me and three friends of mine were standing in the stand-by line for the attraction when we heard a CM announce the ride had shut down due to technical difficulties and we were lead out the queue. Bullet to the chest right there!

IanDLBZF

Having said that, I am looking forward to the new attraction, given the recent success of GOTG Mission Breakout. However, I am sure that I have a theory on how each side of Future World will be themed:
  • Future World East (GOTG, MS, TT) - Technologies and Discoveries Never Explored (Time Travel, Space Exploration, and Automotive Design)
  • Future World West (Imagination, The Land, The Seas with Nemo & Friends) - The World Around Us (Imagination, Our Ecosystem, and the Ocean)

Mike S

Still sorry I didn't tell you to follow me further into the Diorama, still jealous of your monorail pic ;)
The guy in the red shirt with the green backpack looks very familiar to me. ;)
You'll give away our position!!!
@Mike S is that you I see?
Blue backpack to the left with my face hidden.

Figment2005

View attachment 222312 View attachment 222313 View attachment 222314 View attachment 222316
View attachment 222321
View attachment 222322
I got to touch pieces of set and the animatronic that spits at you. There's no reride but I got a ride in earlier.

To me, this was the perfect send off to the audio animatronics that captured my childhood imagination. I just wish the Elasmosaurus came to the party too.

Goodbye, Universe of Energy. You will be sorely missed :)
I think I might have met you yesterday. I made the comment about the sky being perfect for the picture.

Bender123

EEA went 101 twice today.

A few weeks back, the condition of the ride make me impressed it made it to the "last ride". It was in bad shape and barely limping through then. Sad it couldn't get one last trip through...this was a ride that deserved a proper retirement before the ladder shows up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom