News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

doctornick

I'll get us back on track! I ask this question every few months here, so it's time once again, now that some people have actually been inside the attraction. Are there any animatronics at any point during this experience? I'd settle for the queue, but a nice animatronic pre-launch would be really nice. Or a kiss-off a la Wheezy?

I’ll ask another question too: is there on board audio or is any audio produced at the scenes? I hope it is the former.

Skibum1970

I agree, it would certainly be nice if moderators would delete comments like this that do not add to any conversation, on-topic or off-topic.
Especially since there isn't much to debate/discuss at this point. These side conversations about track/trackless are entertaining. I made a semi-trackless coaster on RCT2 but the cars crashed at reentry.

IveBeenJack

Hopefully this sparks plenty of discussion and excitement for the opening of Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind. As you can see the attraction show building and track layout is as accurate as we could possibly get it. A lot of credit should also go to @tommyhawkins as we workshopped this together along with Scott Walker as well.

Other details I can disclose is that there will be 5 songs within the attraction, mostly from Awesome Mix Vol. 1. Also there will be references/Easter eggs to not only Universe of Energy/Ellen's Energy Adventure, but from what I've heard lots of legacy Epcot, including Horizons.

GOTG Cosmic Rewind Blueprint.jpg
GOTG Cosmic Rewind Blueprint (Annotated).jpg

dreday3

Hopefully this sparks plenty of discussion and excitement for the opening of Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind. As you can see the attraction show building and track layout is as accurate as we could possibly get it. A lot of credit should also go to @tommyhawkins as we workshopped this together along with Scott Walker as well.

Other details I can disclose is that there will be 5 songs within the attraction, mostly from Awesome Mix Vol. 1. Also there will be references/Easter eggs to not only Universe of Energy/Ellen's Energy Adventure, but from what I've heard lots of legacy Epcot, including Horizons.

View attachment 627627View attachment 627628

Ooooh man!!! I'm gonna sing the whole ride! :D

TikibirdLand

View attachment 627627View attachment 627628
What was the ride time again? I'm sure someone said it in the last 900 or so pages....
Interesting picture. Seems like there's a lot of wasted space in the UoE building. I wonder why? Maybe I'm missing support for various systems that are needed inside?

Oh, forgot... This better be in there:
Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga...
I Can't Help this Feelin', deep inside of me...

Should be singing that all the way through the queue.

Surferboy567

Oh, forgot... This better be in there: Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga...

“Give up the funk” was presented alongside this attraction in the EPCOT Experience. Though I am not sure if it will be used in the actual attraction or if it was purely for the EPCOT Experience.

TikibirdLand

“Give up the funk” was presented alongside this attraction in the EPCOT Experience. Though I am not sure if it will be used in the actual attraction or if it was purely for the EPCOT Experience.
That mix tape is Ear Worm stuff of legend. It'll stick in your head until this thing is open. And, that's a LONG TIME!

EricsBiscuit

Not sure how a thirty foot tall planet will look lol. I really don’t know what to expect from the actual gravity building portion of the ride. At least there are no exposed and visible metal sidings a la Crush’s Coaster

UNCgolf

What was the ride time again? I'm sure someone said it in the last 900 or so pages....
Interesting picture. Seems like there's a lot of wasted space in the UoE building. I wonder why? Maybe I'm missing support for various systems that are needed inside?

Oh, forgot... This better be in there:
Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga...

I hate that that song was in Guardians, because the original BJ Thomas version is 100000x better than the annoying Blue Swede one.

dreday3

From what I've heard: "I want you back" Jackson 5, "Cherry Bomb" The Runaways, and "Escape" Rupert Holmes. But this came from a source who is friends with someone in Imagineering on the project. Not directly from Imagineering/Opperations to me.

CHERRY BOMB!!!

Escape is in the second movie, no? During the scene with the trees, the moonlight, people being shot into the air...but wait, I think they were still listening to awesome mix tape one at that point in the movie.

(not that any of that matters for the ride)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom