News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Disney Analyst

Really love how it looks in this shot:

1645049189248.png

Vegas Disney Fan

Looks great!
It's cool to see how the angles of the cladding, along with the graphics can reduce the visual mass of the support, even though they actually add to it dimensionally.
Automotive designers use tricks like this to reduce visual mass.
The Ford electric "Mustang" Mach-E uses tricks like this in the roofline and rocker panels.
The bottom looks better than I expected, the flair helps a lot, hopefully whatever they have planned for the connection with the ships has a similar effect.
I was pretty disappointed after seeing the earlier posts, now I’m feeling better about it again.

Casper Gutman

I guess I’m missing something, because it still looks awful to me - as though someone jammed two incompatible model kits together. The support overwhelms the cockpit - the two are similar in size - and the lower fin is not only obscured, it barely seems to fit. It would probably be acceptable as a temporary display at a glitzy movie premiere, but as a permanent installation at a Disney theme park… I’m not seeing the optimism.

James Alucobond

It still looks awful to me - as though someone jammed two incompatible model kits together.
I mean, I think the design is supposed to be a continuation of the look and feel of the pavilion itself rather than something that specifically meshes with this ship, which may contribute to that feeling. My impression since seeing the new concept art has been that this is supposed to be disguised as a generic dock for small Xandarian spacecraft rather than a purpose-built display stand for a Star Blaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom