News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

UNCgolf

It's too bad the Pandoran panthers couldn't have been AAs, standing still, blinking, and moving their head back and forth. That would've been amazing.

I almost mentioned this in my above post (I was alluding to it with the realism comment). I don't think they would work as AAs. Non-predators would likely work as they could just be drinking or eating nearby, but I actually think projections/screens showing predators moving off in the distance works much better. Especially when they're integrated so well into detailed physical sets.

Cliff

I gotcha....so maybe this roller coaster will be similar to Universal's Harry Potter Escape From Gringotts? Prolly the same projection+light coaster idea using Vekoma made coaster?

No animatronics? Well, that might reduce R&D + daily maintenence costs substantially.

If the ride has less show scenes, that's less chance of a breakdown....and that is great for the guests. Now, if we can cut the projectors out too, that would lower the costs more and increase reliability even further.

As a guest, that's my primary concern for this attraction.

Last edited:

Incomudro

At the risk of repeating myself, look at what they did with the Guardians overlay at Disneyland's ToT.
I'm confident that what we get for this coaster will be similar to that.
There's a large building for the queue, and it's not going to be composed of just railings and switchbacks.
There is going to be a pre-show, and at the very least - Rocket is going to be talking to us in AA form.

Inspired Figment

At the risk of repeating myself, look at what they did with the Guardians overlay at Disneyland's ToT.
I'm confident that what we get for this coaster will be similar to that.
There's a large building for the queue, and it's not going to be composed of just railings and switchbacks.
There is going to be a pre-show, and at the very least - Rocket is going to be talking to us in AA form.
While that may be true, we don’t have Joe Rodhe as a creative director anymore sadly.. but you never know, perhaps the talent is still there to make it a high quality experience… only time will tell though.

Incomudro

Space Mountain doesn't try to force a story on a roller coaster where it does not belong and use screens to tell said story.
It would have if it were built today.
Space Mountain doesn't have the tech, because the tech didn't exist when it was designed and built.
It still has some physical props on the lift hill, and those displays of the cars whirling by in the queue.

Bocabear

I mean sure if that's your standard...if your standard for modern Disney is 70s disney bravo.
Honestly the 1970s Space mountain had many AAs in the speedramp exit scenes... And the 1975 version of Space Mountain was far superior to what we have today. It felt like an epic journey from the star tunnels and information portals to the Home of Future Living finale back on Earth...A fun ride, a lot of eye candy and a very long commercial all rolled into one.
but most importantly fun.... remember fun?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom