News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Vegas Disney Fan

Maybe it makes business sense to delay Tron further, but doing so also turns MK’s milestone birthday into a dud. Neat lighting and iridescent food shouldn’t cut it.

At the same time, Guardians opening in 2023 would have worked for Epcot’s 40th. The rush on Guardians (when it’s seemingly a much more complex coaster) reaffirms what a disaster ‘Evolved Epcot’ actually is.

I agree on the timelines but Epcot desperately needs more rides, MK can survive another year without Tron.

DonaldDoleWhip

I agree on the timelines but Epcot desperately needs more rides, MK can survive another year without Tron.
I don’t think we’re disagreeing with each other, it’s all the same point (assuming Tron is delayed to 2023):

-Epcot is a disaster and needs new content
-It makes sense to stagger the coaster openings, so both can be promoted
-In the process, MK’s 50th will be lamer than any of us could have imagined

AKL2003

If they both don't open at some point in 2022 (could be one spring and one fall IDC), i think that is a HUGE miss on Disney's part. I almost feel they don't want the 50th to be wildly successful...with the loyalty and money WDW has made over the past 50 years, we shouldn't have to settle for scraps...

Vegas Disney Fan

If they both don't open at some point in 2022 (could be one spring and one fall IDC), i think that is a HUGE miss on Disney's part. I almost feel they don't want the 50th to be wildly successful...with the loyalty and money WDW has made over the past 50 years, we shouldn't have to settle for scraps...
The 50th will sell well just because it’s the 50th, the problem is if they open them both in 2022 they have nothing to promote in 2023.

They either need to announce new rides and start building them today (for a 2023 opening) or delay what’s being built so they have something “new” to promote, given the current leadership I think we all know what’s likely to happen.

Casper Gutman

Rat, GotG, Tron… these were all supposed to be open significantly before now. We were supposed to be waiting on several new attractions for the 50th. Disney just really doesn’t care - very few folks with any power seem to like the parks very much.

Stupido

Seeing that video, it looks like a ton of work needs to be done in the queue. I'd say Q3 or 4 opening if they actually make the 2022 promise.

AKL2003

The 50th will sell well just because it’s the 50th, the problem is if they open them both in 2022 they have nothing to promote in 2023.

They either need to announce new rides and start building them today (for a 2023 opening) or delay what’s being built so they have something “new” to promote, given the current leadership I think we all know what’s likely to happen.
100% agree...sad state IMHO

jpinkc

GoTG, ride system has been complete for some time from what I understand, its the cue and building refurb thats left to do. Tron yeah 2023 at the earliest. If they have it by Dec 2022 I will be suprised.

J4546

When is MMRR in DL supposed to open? I thought that was 2023. Also Play! and Splash Mountain are candidates for a 2023 announcement as well. As well as whatever theyre doing in DinoLand at AK. And there is a ton of stuff outside USA that will be done in 2023 they can promote.

I think people are way to hard on Disney, given in the last 2 years that they've opened 2 Star Wars Lands, TSL, MMRR, Rat/Expansion, Avengers Campus as well as multiple shows and a ton of other smaller additions to the parks like the new Epcot entrance with SSE lighting, Gelataria, half the Communicore, Tons of new pavement/concrete work, etc... and in the next 2 years they will open GotG Coater, the rest of Communicore, Central Courtyard and JoW all at Epcot, MMRR in DL, Whatever theyre doing in DinoLand hopefully, Tron Coaster in MK....So 3 of the 4 parks in FL are getting at least 1 major addition with nothing announced as of yet for DHS (Star Wars Hotel counts as a major addition but Im not including hotels otherwise Id have listed all the hotels that have gotten and are getting renovations), and 1 of the California parks is getting at least 1 major addition with nothing announced at CA as of yet.....seems to me, things are going pretty good for fans of Disney Parks.

I get that some people arent happy but all the doom and gloom on this site is just over the top imo

Magic Feather

Guardians is first half of 2022. TRON is second half. Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised to see those dates hit around Memorial Day and October 1st, but that part is merely conjecture.

If Disney had attached a season to it, they would have likely said summer. Perhaps they are holding off to see if they can change that month to be spring.

ToTBellHop

Guardians is first half of 2022. TRON is second half. Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised to see those dates hit around Memorial Day and October 1st, but that part is merely conjecture.

If Disney had attached a season to it, they would have likely said summer. Perhaps they are holding off to see if they can change that month to be spring.
That’s insane for TRON. 18 month delay. I guess they’ll technically open it for the 50th.

Lazy.

tommyhawkins

Posted a few more screen shots, havent done any work on it since June. Yesterday's info just raised more questions than answers. There is a bunch of track that I havent even attempted. I dont see how it will sustain energy just from the helix, i think another lift hill or launch to raise for the other half of the track

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom