News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Horizons1

I'll be looking forward to the day when they finish work on the exterior of this thing so hopefully construction walls can be pushed back even if it isn't open.

One thing of note: on my last visit, I forgot how massive this show-building is. Pictures always seem to shrink it down. Hard to believe all that can fit in there is a queue. Wonder if it'll be one of those "fit two-hours worth of line" queues like FOP or RotR.
Energy was/is a massive show building which contained so much in it. My heart dropped like a ton of bricks when we first saw the building was completely gutted.

s2jrston

Is anybody else confused by the signage and path on the left side of the show building? Can you walk beside the building and get to SSE without going through what is left of Innoventions? I thought that path lead to a backstage area. I'm familiar with the family restrooms near SSE and also familiar with the Guest Relations building. Where does the path emerge on the SSE side?

1615301766558.png

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Is anybody else confused by the signage and path on the left side of the show building? Can you walk beside the building and get to SSE without going through what is left of Inoventions? I thought that path lead to a backstage area. I'm familiar with the family restrooms near SSE and also familiar with the Guest Relations building. Where does the path emerge on the SSE side?

View attachment 538157
Right here:

B0472F55-D7C4-4F45-B19D-25F634D98230.jpeg

Horizons1

Is anybody else confused by the signage and path on the left side of the show building? Can you walk beside the building and get to SSE without going through what is left of Innoventions? I thought that path lead to a backstage area. I'm familiar with the family restrooms near SSE and also familiar with the Guest Relations building. Where does the path emerge on the SSE side?

View attachment 538157
It’s one of the new bypasses they have opened.

raymusiccity

Energy was/is a massive show building which contained so much in it. My heart dropped like a ton of bricks when we first saw the building was completely gutted.
Agreed. It really is sad when you compare the previous experience, that has since been gutted for an indoor coaster. It's similar to trashing the space that was once the Great Movie ride and replacing it with a runaway train. 😪

OG Runner

Agreed. It really is sad when you compare the previous experience, that has since been gutted for an indoor coaster. It's similar to trashing the space that was once the Great Movie ride and replacing it with a runaway train. 😪

I agree with you on the Great Movie ride. It was an excellent ride and Disney could have replaced the Little Mermaid show with the
Runaway Train ride. However, the Universe of Energy, in any iteration was too long and just too boring. They did not really present the
use of energy in a truly interesting way and really was not worth the time it took to ride it, unless you were just looking to sit for a long time in the air conditioning.

Surferboy567

I am really looking forward to Guardians, wonder though does this have an actual shot of opening before TRON?

EDIT: I originally thought no, but the way they constantly talk about this and not TRON it makes you think.

Thelazer

I agree with you on the Great Movie ride. It was an excellent ride and Disney could have replaced the Little Mermaid show with the
Runaway Train ride. However, the Universe of Energy, in any iteration was too long and just too boring. They did not really present the
use of energy in a truly interesting way and really was not worth the time it took to ride it, unless you were just looking to sit for a long time in the air

I think the better argument could be made, that while it had its faults. It could have been updated in such a way to present information in a much more engaging format. It had the room for new scenes to be incorporated, new animatronics and the latest tech, but still be educational. As an example, let's use the Nemo overlay at the sea's, it still manages to have an educational component along with the IP integration, as in once you get off the "Ride" part the pavilion is all hands on display / educational stuff if your looking for it. If you just want to see fish, you can do that to.

Where as, with Guardians.. We are (to the best we can tell thru concept artwork etc..) getting nothing of the sort. There isn't going to be any educational aspects, it won't pay any homage to it's past.

Surferboy567

Where as, with Guardians.. We are (to the best we can tell thru concept artwork etc..) getting nothing of the sort. There isn't going to be any educational aspects, it won't pay any homage to it's past.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought multiple insiders said their is an educational part to this. Also, they most certainly will reference energy since we are going back to the big bang. I am not saying it is going to be as educational as energy but I think their will be elements.

ToTBellHop

it was an amazing attraction for anyone wanting more than a 3 minute quick fix. The first version was a WED masterpiece. Just not suitable for certain types of people.
Like Great Movie Ride, unfortunately, by the end, it was a very weak show and that means few guests miss it. I don’t gather there are that many of us left who remember the versions of each ride from 30 years ago. I wish they weren’t so obsessed with new projects replacing old ones rather than being actual additions. That’s the main reason why I’m actually happy they’re opening Ratatouille.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Like Great Movie Ride, unfortunately, by the end, it was a very weak show and that means few guests miss it. I don’t gather there are that many of us left who remember the versions of each ride from 30 years ago. I wish they weren’t so obsessed with new projects replacing old ones rather than being actual additions. That’s the main reason why I’m actually happy they’re opening Ratatouille.
Ellen to me was a waste of the pavilion and by the end was so dilapidated and run down was embarrassing

The renew not replace argument will go on forever. Both parks in question are and will suffer from their choice.

ToTBellHop

I really can’t defend UOE, I have only grew up with the Ellen version. Bear in mind, it was never open since it always broke down.

Their were elements of the Ellen show I liked such as the Jeopardy parts, the big bang, dinosaur scene etc. For me though, the show was an AC nap. Guardians as I said before excites me.
I like a good coaster. Imagine an updated UoE with a separate coaster behind it. They used to build pavilions at Epcot with more than one attraction. A moving theatre show/ride and a thrill ride would be pretty nice.

Not meant to be, however.

DreamfinderGuy

I loved Ellen's, I rode it almost every time I was at the park. But I can admit it was far, far past it's time. By all means it should not have lasted long enough for me to ride it, especially for how bad of shape it was in at the end. I think I mourn the potential of the Energy space more than I do the actual show, but then again I can say that about literally every single Future World pavilion sans The Land and *maybe* Spaceship Earth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom