News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

rocketraccoon

From today.

aS0QLqu.jpg

A big 'ol tarp has been added on one of the still exposed sides.

DhMui2c.jpg

Work is still moving along on the transition tunnel

FAlC5Rj.jpg

On that note, the hole where the UoE building will connect to the transition tunnel is being made.

XD1j7JM.jpg

Bunch of piping inside the pavilion. All electrical I believe.

CC5ztf8.jpg

rip

One thing to note is the transition tunnel is actually in the perfect spot to get solar panels installed if they wanted. Higher than UoE and in roughly the same direction. Tons of light if they wanted to do it.

LittleBuford

From today.

aS0QLqu.jpg

A big 'ol tarp has been added on one of the still exposed sides.

DhMui2c.jpg

Work is still moving along on the transition tunnel

FAlC5Rj.jpg

On that note, the hole where the UoE building will connect to the transition tunnel is being made.

XD1j7JM.jpg

Bunch of piping inside the pavilion. All electrical I believe.

CC5ztf8.jpg

rip

One thing to note is the transition tunnel is actually in the perfect spot to get solar panels installed if they wanted. Higher than UoE and in roughly the same direction. Tons of light if they wanted to do it.

I thought the discoloured panels had been cleaned? There's quite a lot of brown visible in the third picture, unless I'm misinterpreting the image.

yensidtlaw1969

For the record, I was in WDW this past week and finally saw the current phase of the Guardians building in person, having last seen it as rising steel - being that I've been outspoken against its intrusion, I'm afraid to say it was even worse in person than I had imagined.

I don't see myself or anyone else cancelling trips over it, but I cannot believe this got a pass. It's absolutely a new low for visual intrusion. Trying to "hide" something that large and visible from many vantage points in the park is insulting.

It should absolutely have been themed.

LittleBuford

For the record, I was in WDW this past week and finally saw the current phase of the Guardians building in person, having last seen it as rising steel - being that I've been outspoken against its intrusion, I'm afraid to say it was even worse in person than I had imagined.

I don't see myself or anyone else cancelling trips over it, but I cannot believe this got a pass. It's absolutely a new low for visual intrusion. Trying to "hide" something that large and visible from many vantage points in the park is insulting.

It should absolutely have been themed.

Based on what's been posted here in recent months, I think it's safe to say that people's real-life experiences are largely confirming their earlier impressions and expectations. I thought the building looked fine (better than expected, in fact) in pictures and felt the same when I saw it in the flesh. You have been critical of the whole thing from the start and feel that the building is an abomination. Both viewpoints are, of course, highly subjective. I'm curious to know where the "average" guest (if there is such a thing) stands on this.

MickeyMinnieMom

Based on what's been posted here in recent months, I think it's safe to say that people's real-life experiences are largely confirming their earlier impressions and expectations. I thought the building looked fine (better than expected, in fact) in pictures and felt the same when I saw it in the flesh. You have been critical of the whole thing from the start and feel that the building is an abomination. Both viewpoints are, of course, highly subjective. I'm curious to know where the "average" guest (if there is such a thing) stands on this.
I thought it was going to be quite the eyesore from what I read online, and in person I didn’t think it was that bad.

I’d suspect the “average” guest doesn’t pay any attention to this at all. And if it houses a good attraction, they wouldn’t care even if they think it’s ugly from the outside. Just a guess. :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The average guest is the same person who goes to Universal or Busch Gardens or Sea World and sees obvious show buildings and exposed metal coaster tracks and thinks “that was a fun ride”.

The entire basis of EPCOT as a park (at least the front half) was having exposed show buildings that were unique and interesting look at. The show buildings were a part of the park not something to hide. That being said, this seems a little “square” and “plain” to me. I’ll wait until it’s done to judge completely.

LittleBuford

The average guest is more than happy with Six Flags theming if the rides are fun.

I think that's unfair. The narrative here in this forum is that we (or at least some of us, especially those who hate IP) know best and that everyone else just laps up any old trash. If that were the case, why would people spend so much time and money visiting WDW when they could go to their local Six Flags instead? Sure, the average guest is going to be less obsessive about it than a hardcore fan, but s/he is still going to care to an extent.

Last edited:

jt04

Not to start rumors of stir the pot but I haven't seen much work being done since the marathon. Just missed it? Workers reassigned to higher priority project? Work stalled?

MickeyMinnieMom

I think that's unfair. The narrative here in this forum is that we (or at least some of us, specially those who hate IP) know best and that everyone else just laps up any old trash. If that were the case, why would people spend so much time and money visiting WDW when they could go to their local Six Flags instead? Sure, the average guest is going to be less obsessive about it than a hardcore fan, but s/he is still going to care to an extent.
I agree on this. I think the premium paid for Disney by the “average guest” is because it is more/better than Six Flags. But I’m sure they don’t obsess like we do here about something like the theming or lack thereof of the exterior of a show building.

sedati

With the backstage road hugging the Wonders of Life building, there seems a bit of space for either a row of trees or... something.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We were just there on 12/29.

I wasn’t bothered by the steel framing in September. I haven’t been put off by the almost daily pics. So no, I didn’t think it was a big deal.

Hubby, who has not devoted his entire existence to following this forum, thought it looked terrible. That being said, he only commented on it once ... when asked ... and never mentioned it again.

LittleBuford

We were just there on 12/29.

I wasn’t bothered by the steel framing in September. I haven’t been put off by the almost daily pics. So no, I didn’t think it was a big deal.

Hubby, who has not devoted his entire existence to following this forum, thought it looked terrible. That being said, he only commented on it once ... when asked ... and never mentioned it again.

Interesting! I was there earlier in December with my partner, who, like me, wasn’t too bothered by it. It’s not pretty to look at, but it doesn’t ask to be looked at in the first place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom