News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Gatorboy

Somewhere I saw a prototype coaster system I believe was in this or the older thread sent to this. Does anyone know where I might find it without going thru 400 combined pages. I can't even remember the name of the company. thanks

Texas84

Passholder e-mail
eea.jpg

Ismael Flores

I'm not sure if someone mentioned this, if so I apologize, but I got a theory regarding why the Guardians came to Epcot. Maybe this happens after the Guardians escaped from the Collector, however they don't have enough energy to go back to the space. So Peter remembered when he came to Epcot as a child, and now they need our help to obtain it. Therefore it's linked to the MTPU.
Didn't the latest installment of the guardians movie have a whole segment dedicate to energy. Rocket ends up stealing some pieces at the beginning of movie and therefore start a war which is why they are being hunted. I wonder if there could be some kind of reference to that in this new ride

ChrisFL

Premium Member
(this is just my thoughts, nothing about if this is actually the plot)

so Peter Quill & Co. "crash" the Universe of Energy pavilion in an attempt to gather the solar energy for their spaceship....and some other educational stuff along the way...I could deal with that, ESPECIALLY if there's a good educational post-show around it as well.

We can mourn the loss of the old Ellen's Energy Adventure and the original version as well, BUT if people are no longer swayed or interested in that kind of storytelling, the message won't matter. Perhaps adding this and done PROPERLY would be meaningful.

disneygeek90

I know so little about Guardians, up until today I thought Peter Quill was either an actor/producer/director etc that had to do with the film. I was so confused why him going to Epcot as a child would make the ride a good fit for Epcot. Now that I realize he’s a character, it makes even less sense.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I know so little about Guardians, up until today I thought Peter Quill was either an actor/producer/director etc that had to do with the film. I was so confused why him going to Epcot as a child would make the ride a good fit for Epcot. Now that I realize he’s a character, it makes even less sense.

It definitely was weird...some people liked it, but I think it was very silly and feels very forced unless they actually follow through with what they're promising

disneygeek90

It definitely was weird...some people liked it, but I think it was very silly and feels very forced unless they actually follow through with what they're promising
I agree, it seems very forced unless there will be some sort of tie in with the ride. In which case it could still seem forced. But I guess time will tell.

MOXOMUMD

I wonder what Peter Quill would think of the park now compared to his childhood.

odmichael

My opinion, based on the character from the movies, it seems a little forced, but it makes sense for his character. I could see Peter absolutely going to and loving Epcot as a boy in the 80's. It seems right up his character's alley. I hope they tie this into the ride because there is a ton of story potential here.

I wonder what Peter Quill would think of the park now compared to his childhood.
He would probably get Rocket to nuke it.

The Empress Lilly

Peter Quill is all about vintage 80's. He'd **^^ all over a superhero roller coaster in EPCOT.

Oh irony.

Please writers of GotG III. Be true to your subversive heritage and don't make Quill listen to 'Energy' on his walkman (ok, so that walkman got destroyed anyway). That is the fan service equivalent of management ordering 50k retro t-shirts of a beloved ride they just ordered the destruction of.
No, instead, please sneak in a cranky remark by Quill resenting how a horde of fat slobs demanded the favourite place of his childhood be destroyed because their little Johnny throws a temper tantrum when confronted by anything of inspirational value.

Last edited:

Mike S

Peter Quill is all about vintage 80's. He'd *#$% all over a superhero roller coaster in EPCOT.

Oh irony.

Please writers of GotG III. Be true to your subserversive heritage and don't make Quill listen to 'Energy' on his walkman (ok, so that walkman got destroyed anyway). That is the fan service equivalent of management ordering 50k retro t-shirts of a beloved ride they just ordered the destruction of.
No, instead, please sneak in a cranky remark by Quill resenting how a horde of fat slobs demanded the favourite place of his childhood be destroyed because their little Johnny throws a temper tantrum when confronted by anything of inspirational value.
If anything the song would appear in the ride, not GotG 3.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom