News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Tron is future themed and going in Tomorrowland. Slinky Dog fits the theme of a Toy Story land. Everest suits animal kingdom quite well.

The only one I’m sceptical of is Guardians but I bet once all said and done, everyone will say what a wonderful addition it is and how wellnit suits what Epcot is likely to become
Of course they will.

One problem is Tron was designed to be Shanghai’s replacement Space Mountain. The money could have been better used than sticking a coaster in the dark next to a coaster in the dark.

And it’s a considerable amount of money.

Indy_UK

Of course they will.

One problem is Tron was designed to be Shanghai’s replacement Space Mountain. The money could have been better used than sticking a coaster in the dark next to a coaster in the dark.

And it’s a considerable amount of money.

Totally agree but Tron is a win win. It will have massive lines and people will love it. It helps Disney fill a land which is stuck in the past and they can do it for less than designing and building something original

phillip9698

I still don't understand the issue with having two coasters next to each other. Other than congestion maybe but Disney has shown not to care about that for a while now. There are slow dark rides next to slow dark rides in that park but it doesn't seem to bother anyone, what makes coasters different?

lazyboy97o

I still don't understand the issue with having two coasters next to each other. Other than congestion maybe but Disney has shown not to care about that for a while now. There are slow dark rides next to slow dark rides in that park but it doesn't seem to bother anyone, what makes coasters different?
The difference is when Coaster B is supposed to be Coaster A’s doppelgänger.

phillip9698

The difference is when Coaster B is supposed to be Coaster A’s doppelgänger.

The overwhelming majority of people are not going to ride the Tron ride and then think "oh that's supposed to be the replacement for Space Mountain, I no longer like Space Mountain". That train of thought is so far removed from a park guests psyche that it's comical. People are going to say "hey, that ride looks fun, let's ride it." The end. Only someone deep into the Disney worldwide park planning meta discussion would even have that thought for a second.

Last edited:

gustaftp

The queues and preshows should be highly themed.
And just how much will we learn about Energy in that massive queue and preshow? I can't imagine too much information could be imparted on a rollercoaster. Some people on this thread have said things like "it has to be something energy-related! They have Power Stones in the movies!" -- with no indication from Disney that energy will be even mentioned.

Will we learn anything about energy? Or will the focus be on "Power Stones" with no connection to how energy is actually used in the real world? Or, worse, is this not even going to have a weak link to the topic and just be pure-fantasy? Infinity Stones from the movies have literally NOTHING to do with how the universe actually came into existence -- the Big Bang and Theory of Relativity already explain that.

(Somehow I have a feeling that I am going to allow myself to ride it once, and then try to pretend it isn't even there.)

Last edited:

raymusiccity

And just how much will we learn about Energy in that massive queue and preshow? I can't imagine too much information could be imparted on a rollercoaster. Some people on this thread have said things like "it has to be something energy-related! They have Power Stones in the movies!" -- with no indication from Disney that energy will be even mentioned.

Will we learn anything about energy? Or will the focus be on "Power Stones" with no connection to how energy is actually used in the real world? Or, worse, is this not even going to have a weak link to the topic and just be pure-fantasy? Infinity Stones from the movies have literally NOTHING to do with how the universe actually came into existence -- the Big Bang and Theory of Relativity already explain that.

(Somehow I have a feeling that I am going to allow myself to ride it once, and then try to pretend it isn't even there.)

Of course it's energy related. We already have 'merchandising' !!

Battery.jpg

So once again ....

will this be loop and loop, fast cheap coaster ?

Or will it be more akin to Diagon Alley Harry Potter coaster and a much more complex ride?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
TRON / Crush's Coaster with a launch.

So, spinning cars? Are we looking at something similar to Silver Dollar City's new "Time Traveler" coaster from Mack (I mean, Disney just did work with them for Slinky Dog... would make sense for them to have had some sort of contract for multiple projects)...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom