• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

DisneyExpert

The saddest part to me is that a pavilion about energy would never be so relevant as it would be today. I'm so sick of reading people giving the state of the current attraction as a reason that Guardians has to come in. Bull. Stop playing into TDO's hand. They let these attractions limp along with no maintenance to the point of being on life support, and then act like they're doing you a favor when they replace it with something from the latest flashy movie that conveniently lessens their maintenance and upkeep load. It's gross, and it's far below the company that set the standard for themed entertainment and world class guest experiences.

Why can't they create a brand new attraction that still meshes with the ideals and mission of Epcot? Surely nobody can sit there with a straight face and tell me that a Guardians roller coaster was the best choice for a new Epcot attraction. Especially when this 2 minute experience that families will not be able to ride together comes at the expense of a long-form family dark ride that challenged guests to think critically.

Last edited:

becca_

Guardians Exterior.jpg

Does anyone know what the main pointy thing is? Like does that have some sort of tie-in to either of the movies?

Guardians Interior.jpg

Secondly - doesn't it seem like the Groot/Rocket will be AAs?

LorangeJuice

The saddest part to me is that a pavilion about energy would never be so relevant as it would be today. I'm so sick of reading people giving the state of the current attractions as a reason that Guardians has to come in. Bull. Stop playing into TDO's hand. They let these attractions limp along with no maintenance to the point of being on life support, and then act like they're doing you a favor when they replace it with something from the latest flashy movie. It's gross.

Why can't they create a brand new updated attraction that still meshes with the ideals and mission of Epcot?

Because they are LAZY!

Dapper Dan

People do realize to get the original vision of Epcot, Disney would have to tear down three existing parks a bunch of hotels and build a full scale city
People do realize that the original vision of EPCOT and the original Vision of EPCOT Center are different things and the fact that one of them was never realized doesn't invalidate that the other one was.

JustInTime

I would imagine this will progress like Star Wars Land. So about a year of pushing dirt around (and a lot of other uninteresting but important work) before actual ride construction can begin. It does beg the question of why Ellen needs to close so soon--I would imagine that is more due to pressure to get the ride offline (partially from Ellen herself) and put up a construction wall. I wouldn't be surprised to see walkaround characters at some point, too.

Actual construction for a ride of this scale from Fall 2018 to Spring 2021 is not unreasonable.
Wow. It's so bad that Ellen wants it gone? Yikes.

DisneyExpert

I'm optimistic that they will incorporate the Guardians of the Galaxy characters in such a way that it is still relevant to Future World and educates us about energy. If you think about it, Universe of Energy currently uses Jeopardy to teach us about Energy. Jeopardy is an IP not owned by Disney and Marvel is, so you could argue that this would make it "more Disney". Just like Figment teaches us about imagination, the Guardians will replace Bill Nye and Ellen to teach us about energy.

I find it hard to believe that they're building a launch coaster that will be used to teach about energy. I hope I'm wrong, but modern Epcot has no desire to challenge its guests. Sad day.

Rodan75

I would imagine this will progress like Star Wars Land. So about a year of pushing dirt around (and a lot of other uninteresting but important work) before actual ride construction can begin. It does beg the question of why Ellen needs to close so soon--I would imagine that is more due to pressure to get the ride offline (partially from Ellen herself) and put up a construction wall. I wouldn't be surprised to see walkaround characters at some point, too.

Actual construction for a ride of this scale from Fall 2018 to Spring 2021 is not unreasonable.

I saw this mentioned before...but never saw any detail...why is Ellen pushing for this ?

DisneyExpert

Yes, it looks to be a Star Blaster: http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Blaster

"The Star Blasters are capable of creating an energy barrier by linking to adjacent ships."

That seems pretty relevant to an energy pavilion.

View attachment 215811

In what way? Because they create a barrier made from "energy"? That doesn't relate to the energy crisis on earth in any way. Epcot is not a place for sci-fi, that's literally the function of Tomorrowland.

The_Jobu

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
In what way? Because they create a barrier made from "energy"? That doesn't relate to the energy crisis on earth in any way. Epcot is not a place for sci-fi.

True ... but they may still be able to tie the story into our energy crisis. After all, what do Ellen and Jeopardy have to do with the energy crisis on Earth? And in the future we may be able to create energy barriers. This is Future World after all. ;)

DisneyExpert

True ... but they may still be able to tie the story into our energy crisis. After all, what do Ellen and Jeopardy have to do with the energy crisis on Earth? And in the future we may be able to create energy barriers. This is Future World after all. ;)

Lol I'd say that's tenuous at best. Look, I really hope that we're all wrong and that this will still be an attraction that challenges and inspires. I seriously doubt it, though.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
>EPCOT needs new rides! It hasnt gotten any love in years!
>EPCOT gets 2 new rides
> Why does EPCOT need 2 new rides BASED ON IPS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It boggles my mind how people can get angry that this park and that park isnt getting any improvements and then when said park IS getting improvements, they get even MORE angry. If all the parks never added or subtracted rides and they had the same ones throughout their entire lifespan, that would get pretty boring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom