News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Figment2005

Just out of curiosity, but are they planning on keeping the access road the same? If so then the tunnel connecting the old to the new will be elevated, and that could mean a suspended system of some sort.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Re-posing for reference purposes.

upload_2017-5-15_15-13-10-png.205123

lazyboy97o

The vast majority of it is for new storm water retention ponds.
They’re actually detention ponds, not retention ponds. They won’t have water in them all of the time.

Just out of curiosity, but are they planning on keeping the access road the same? If so then the tunnel connecting the old to the new will be elevated, and that could mean a suspended system of some sort.
If the launch tunnel did cross over an access road, I don’t think that would point to a suspended system. Suspended systems usually have a larger vertical clearance.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They’re actually detention ponds, not retention ponds. They won’t have water in them all of the time.

If the launch tunnel did cross over an access road, I don’t think that would point to a suspended system. Suspended systems usually have a larger vertical clearance.

Yeah, but if I say "detention" pond people will think that is where the send guests who get in trouble during the Food and Wine festival. ;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member

They won't necessarily need to keep the access road running behind UOE. since there is already access to back stages areas from either side.

upload_2017-9-21_21-28-24.png

Figment2005

They won't necessarily need to keep the access road running behind UOE. since there is already access to back stages areas from either side.

View attachment 232282
The circle you see there is a drop-off point for the backstage bus system, and there is also access to the tunnel directly south of it. That is the primary entrance for supplies going to the Electric Umbrella and Mouse Gear so it would need to remain open. I think this would mean that either the access road stays, or Disney turns that entrance you circled into a second delivery entrance. However I do not see them driving deliveries through the guest parking to reach that point.

trainplane3

The new build will be slightly smaller than the size of the existing pavilion.
Are you talking area wise (looking top down)? Is this building going to be relatively low (when compared to RnR), about as tall as the tallest part of the current pavilion? I'd guess they want to hide it from within the park. If the building is level and not angled like the pavilion, you could do a interesting spaghetti coaster in there.

roj2323

View attachment 232282
Actually they do need to keep access to the area as there's a bus that runs through that loop once every 10 minutes because it's one of two cast access points to cast parking. The area is also home to security which parks a variety of vehicles in the area. It's also the main access point for the tunnel under the comucore buildings. In short there is no way in which I see them purposely cutting off access to the area.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They cut down trees . . . to make ponds? I'm not doubting you, it just sounds so weird.

They make ponds because a new building and the paved area surrounding it won't soak up the rain like the swampy land does. All the water that falls on the new building has to go somewhere, so, there will be ponds and canals.

Also, we have strong rumors of new Epcot resorts near the northern gate and all that additional landscaping may be taking into account future plans for the land.

upload_2017-9-22_2-9-15.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom