Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWTank

Nah. Ppl theez dayz jst wnt 2 b entrtained, edukashun iz over r8ed. Diz jst gves them wut their looking 4 and loosing the edukashun peice. Its all gud.

[Did I accurately sum up how many communicate these days? Cannot spell, poor grammar, missing characters for the lazy, and numbers substituted for letters/words. Check, check, check, and check.] Can't expect millennials to be bothered with admiring building architecture and theming and cohesion, they're all about THE EXPERIENCE!!!! That other stuff is just fluff they can't be bothered with.
I attended A high school in fl and I've never seen anyone post anything like that.

HMF

I attended A high school in fl and I've never seen anyone post anything like that.
That's mostly because it's not universally true. There are many great educational institutions and really smart kids and more information is instantly available as never before. That said. The culture in general seems to be getting dumber as the fact that we consider facts and opinions to have equal weight will attest. "But will these seemingly infinite communications become a flood of electronic babble or will we use this power to usher in a new age of understanding and cooperation on this, Our Spaceship Earth?"

Last edited:

Kman101

That's mostly because it's not universally true. There are many great educational institutions and really smart kids and more information is instantly available as never before. That said. The culture in general seems to be getting dumber as the fact that we consider facts and opinions to have equal weight will attest. "But will these seemingly infinite communications just become a flood of electronic babble or will we use this power to usher in a new age of understanding and cooperation on this, Our Spaceship Earth!"

This.

I even compare it to those who say "there's no story" in the Avatar rides. What happened to using imagination? Why does everything need to be spelled out now?

lazyboy97o

I remember people talking about Vekomas new coaster design possibly being used for the ride. Well, they were running it last month. It'd make sense this could be Disney's doing since they've been using Vekoma for a while now.
This guy has been keeping track of it since they started building it: http://vekoma.webklik.nl/page/vekoma-nieuws

This is Vekoma's own design. Anyone can buy it.

LouP

Great post and great website! During its heyday, Re-Imagineering was one of my favorite Imagineering blogs, and is one of the sources I used in THE IMAGINEERING PYRAMID.

THE IMAGINEERING PYRAMID has a chapter entitled "It All Begins With a Story" that includes a discussion about story vs. storytelling (including several quotes from Marc Davis on the subject). I posted an excerpt on The Imagineering Toolbox here:

https://imagineeringtoolbox.wordpre...ing-an-excerpt-from-the-imagineering-pyramid/

Thanks!

Lou Prosperi
Author, THE IMAGINEERING PYRAMID

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Wow, you put a lot of effort into making weak generalizations about milennials in order to justify your anger. Unfortunately I was unable to enjoy the original EPCOT. However, if the Disney company hadn't ignored Future World for years then milennials would have been able to enjoy educational entertainment that wasn't outdated.

It was surprisingly easy, I just had to regurgitate what I've seen plenty of times on the interwebs. And not anger, just disgust at the entitlement mentality that permeates within all walks of life these days.

And please, it's been stated ad naseum about how millennials want "experiences", not to mention most have the attention span of a gnat. Ask them what they did and it's all over multiple social media platforms. Ask them to describe what they saw and you get "uhhh... buildings...", or a blank stare. Disney is giving them "experiences", in 2-3 minute bites, because that's all that matters to them.

I totally agree - if TWDC hadn't neglected Epcot for a decade it would likely be in much better shape than it is. However, they didn't, and the current corporate mindset will likely take what little soul of the original is left.

I just realized how good I feel when I say "Epcot Center" and think back to everything it had to offer... It's sad that we'll likely never be able to have those feelings about the park ever again.

peter11435

Where else are you going to find articles telling you not to trust scientists?
Why would you be looking for articles telling you not to trust scientists?

Looking for articles from other scientists with actual research and evidence that supports not trusting the previous scientists would be logical. Looking to random nutjobs is.. well, not intelligent or logical.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom