Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haymarket2008

Calling it a Park "Of the 80s" really undermines what the park is supposed to be.

Sorry I hurt its' feelings.... The undeniable 80's futurism is still somewhat present, whether you like it or not. It's my favorite park, but you can't deny a large portion, not all, of its' aesthetic.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
so, 99% chance that there's no educational aspect coming to the UOE pavilion.

That leaves us with only Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land sticking to the original concept, with lesser things like Test Track, and Mission:Space, then Nemo and the current Journey into Imagination not living up to their potential.

Oh, and let's not forget that the entire Innoventions area is nearly completely gutted at this point.

I believe in EPCOT, I just believe at this rate it will have to be rebuilt, somewhere else, by some other company.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

That leaves us with only Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land sticking to the original concept, with lesser things like Test Track, and Mission:Space, then Nemo and the current Journey into Imagination not living up to their potential.

Oh, and let's not forget that the entire Innoventions area is nearly completely gutted at this point.

I believe in EPCOT, I just believe at this rate it will have to be rebuilt, somewhere else, by some other company.
OR, it could just take a truly ambitious new CEO of Disney to make a few phone calls and get things back on track...

In all likelihood though...you're probably correct.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Nah. Ppl theez dayz jst wnt 2 b entrtained, edukashun iz over r8ed. Diz jst gves them wut their looking 4 and loosing the edukashun peice. Its all gud.

[Did I accurately sum up how many communicate these days? Cannot spell, poor grammar, missing characters for the lazy, and numbers substituted for letters/words. Check, check, check, and check.] Can't expect millennials to be bothered with admiring building architecture and theming and cohesion, they're all about THE EXPERIENCE!!!! That other stuff is just fluff they can't be bothered with.

Brer Oswald

Who says test track 2.0 is not living up to its potential? It's the only attraction maintaining Epcot's theme in the 21st century.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Who says test track 2.0 is not living up to its potential? It's the only attraction maintaining Epcot's theme in the 21st century.

Don't get me wrong, I much prefer the new version to the old one, however I feel like they could go a bit more realistic in some ways.

SpaceMountain77

I respectfully disagree. Through its storyline and character dialogue, from the preshow overview to the onboard narration, the first version of Test Track provided a decent overview of mechanical engineering and, specifically, automotive technology. The onboard narration for Test Track 2.0 is limited, at best, and it is not entirely clear to me what someone actually learns about capability, efficiency, responsiveness, and power.

To me, the only aspect of Test Track 2.0 that is futuristic is its aesthetic parallels to Tron.

For better or worse, as someone who studies development and learning science, the Circle of Life film likely has the greatest potential to inspire behavioral change.

Goob

Yeah, I love Test Track. But it is quickly becoming old news with every article written in the media about autonomous cars that ARE coming. So, Test Track 3.0 in the future?

You can't have a park that concentrates on the future and not have to continually update it.

Brer Oswald

I respectfully disagree. Through its storyline and character dialogue, from the preshow overview to the onboard narration, the first version of Test Track provided a decent overview of mechanical engineering and, specifically, automotive technology. The onboard narration for Test Track 2.0 is limited, at best, and it is not entirely clear to me what someone actually learns about capability, efficiency, responsiveness, and power.

To me, the only aspect of Test Track 2.0 that is futuristic is its aesthetic parallels to Tron.

For better or worse, as someone who studies development and learning science, the Circle of Life film likely has the greatest potential to inspire behavioral change.
I used to have the same opinion as you. Then time passed and I started to think. The ability to customize your car and look at the future of automation is inspiring. Epcot is not supposed to be a museum of what we have already achieved. It's supposed to inspire us and show us what we can achieve with both fantasy and reality.

SpaceMountain77

I used to have the same opinion as you. Then time passed and I started to think. The ability to customize your car and look at the future of automation is inspiring. Epcot is not supposed to be a museum of what we have already achieved. It's supposed to inspire us and show us what we can achieve with both fantasy and reality.

Improving the onboard narration, in my opinion, would go a long way. When driving through the efficiency chamber, for example, why are ones and zeros passing over our heads?

tmthomas52

Nah. Ppl theez dayz jst wnt 2 b entrtained, edukashun iz over r8ed. Diz jst gves them wut their looking 4 and loosing the edukashun peice. Its all gud.

[Did I accurately sum up how many communicate these days? Cannot spell, poor grammar, missing characters for the lazy, and numbers substituted for letters/words. Check, check, check, and check.] Can't expect millennials to be bothered with admiring building architecture and theming and cohesion, they're all about THE EXPERIENCE!!!! That other stuff is just fluff they can't be bothered with.
Wow, you put a lot of effort into making weak generalizations about milennials in order to justify your anger. Unfortunately I was unable to enjoy the original EPCOT. However, if the Disney company hadn't ignored Future World for years then milennials would have been able to enjoy educational entertainment that wasn't outdated.

2351metalcloud

Yeah. I don't know how GOTG = Coaster to those involved in planning. Now Rock n Roller Coaster yeah I suppose so, with the music involved but how would it all work? I feel like coaster is their cheap way of giving us a thrill ride featuring GoTG. Will it slow down for one show scene with a few (or one as seems to be the norm lately) animatronics. Some screens? Trackless seems like a better fit.

It could possibly be a coaster where you are supposed to be in a mining pod from the first movie on the planet Knowhere

There is a big chase sequence in the first movie involving the characters flying around in the pods. Although a ride using the pods there wouldn't necessarily have to be based on the chase scene in the movie or even have the GOTG group appear somehow as part of the ride.

Last edited:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Yeah, I love Test Track. But it is quickly becoming old news with every article written in the media about autonomous cars that ARE coming. So, Test Track 3.0 in the future?

You can't have a park that concentrates on the future and not have to continually update it.

Why? we aren't driving the cars in the ride now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom