Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
He should have fought Tom Staggs and not been forced to work with James Cameron IMHO. We should be celebrating the opening of Beastly Kingdom right now, not Pandora. I will be shocked if the Avatar theme lasts 20 years. Uni is looking at axing Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge anyway so the obvious resemblance won't be a factor anymore.

Mission Breakout and Pandora are hits with the guests. Both franchises have movies coming out for years to come. And they're so popular, that they will remain popular even when their movies end. Just like Peter Pan and Snow White have remained popular without any current sequels. The idea that either Pandora or Guardians don't have staying power for decades to come is delusional. Thus, their rides and lands will be around for decades.

Only a relative handful of Disneyphiles are pining for Beastly Kingdom. Beastly Kingdom is dead. There will not be a land with disparate IPs forced to live together. The new model going forward are lands with just one IP universe.

So, the upshot is that Joe Rohde is the hero in all this. Even if he was forced to do unseemly things (which is your opinion, most likely not Joe's), he did it so well, it worked fantastically. He is a hero right now. Not some whipping boy you think he is.

Mike S

I'm sorry but this ride needs to go. It's HORRIBLY outdated. I mean how is it supposed to be educational if so much has changed since it opened?

Either update the ride or replace it.

Also, it's hilarious that on the WDW website the only images of the ride shown are of the dinosaurs. Probably because Ellen looks nothing like she does now.
The Ellen AA has actually been missing for a long time now.

HMF

Only a relative handful of Disneyphiles are pining for Beastly Kingdom. Beastly Kingdom is dead. There will not be a land with disparate IPs forced to live together. The new model going forward are lands with just one IP universe.
Which is exactly what Walt did not do, Every land in Disneyland was masterfully weaved into a specific genre. allowing for a greater variety of experiences. If you think that 1-IP lands are a good thing then you are constraing WDI into a marketing vehicle and you would not have masterpieces like EPCOT Center The rest of Animal Kingdom and Tokyo DisneySea. Walt did things the right way and every good for-nothing profit minded imbicile who followed him and ignored his wisdom have been slowly but surely destroying his company bit by bit.

aladdin2007

I wouldn't rule it totally out but can't confirm it.

I suppose that would mean the tower would be in trouble again if they went with a different ip at energy? personally I would much rather see big hero 6 in future world, the action flick guardians really belongs at the studios, especially just seeing it in the new projection show,,,just not at the expense of tower of terror. its asking a lot I know lol, whats common sense to us, they dont get.

jt04

No one (I can think of) is suggesting they keep the 96 Version. Whatever replaces it does have to fit the parameters of Epcot's themes, Though.

Nah. Doubt it. Plus energy is more boring than about any other subject they could chose.

People are proving what they really want this weekend. Disney properties.

jt04

I suppose that would mean the tower would be in trouble again if they went with a different ip at energy? personally I would much rather see big hero 6 in future world, the action flick guardians really belongs at the studios, especially just seeing it in the new projection show,,,just not at the expense of tower of terror. its asking a lot I know lol, whats common sense to us, they dont get.

Exactly. Hate to lose the aesthetics of the tower at DHS since it is so well designed.

HMF

I feel like exiting through a gift shop is more of an Eisner-era standard.

Little Mermaid, 7DMT, Flight of Passage, River Journey, Radiator Springs, none have a connected shop.
That's a fair point. By the time of the end of Eisner's reign in 2004. Even Jungle Cruise Skippers were making gift shop jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom