Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike S

Is that your objective assessment? They don't think or care anymore? Maybe we just don't have enough information about what they are thinking.

Which doesn't mean it can or cannot meet the edutainment mandate of Epcot. I've learned increasingly the tizzy people here throw about change is to start with an over-reaction and take it back when the thing opens.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-muppets-present…-great-moments-in-american-history.911994/
With the Muppets I only wondered why they weren't making a show in their own land at DHS. This still turned out good.

We've seen plenty to know that they don't care about edutainment in actual rides anymore.

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

I'm riding it during my trip starting 25 days from now.
Rode it during my trip, and it was in a sad state. All the details which once made it great have died due to neglect. It's starting to feel more like Lester's Possum Park than the EPCOT of old, and it's probably time to let it go.

The ride was so bumpy it seemed like the moving theater had square wheels. The dinos looked bad due to lack of upkeep. I mean, the "chewing grass" dino concept is over a half century old.

EPCOT is no longer a theme park, but instead a high-priced permanent "Food and Wino Festival". The place was overrun by folks willing to pay anything to get a sense they were in an exclusive club.

My sense is that it's time to move on. The crowds of today want something different than what made EPCOT great.

Last edited:

JohnD

Rode it during my trip, and it was in a sad state. All the details which once made it great have died due to neglect. It's starting to feel more like Lester's Possum Park than the EPCOT of old, and it's probably time to let it go.

The ride was so bumpy it seemed like the moving theater had square wheels. The dinos looked bad due to lack of upkeep. I mean, the "chewing grass" dino concept is over a half century old.

EPCOT is no longer a theme park, but instead a high-priced permanent "Food and Wino Festival". The place was overrun by folks willing to pay anything to get a sense they were in an exclusive club.

My sense is that it's time to move on. The corwds of today want something different than what made EPCOT great.

That probably means they have every intention of replacing it. Why bother refurbing something you're going to replace? So, I'll ride it one last time, bumps and all.

Clamman73

I'm riding it during my trip starting 25 days from now.
IMG_1026.JPG

ar81

So what details or info do we have loosely confirmed about the GOTG ride? Is there going to be any attempt to try to keep the energy theme? I am not opposed as some to IP tie-ins as long as they stay true to the theme. Granted I haven't seen the movie and have no idea what could tie it to energy. Any ideas? Or is the plan to scrap the theme all together?

Daveeeeed

So what details or info do we have loosely confirmed about the GOTG ride? Is there going to be any attempt to try to keep the energy theme? I am not opposed as some to IP tie-ins as long as they stay true to the theme. Granted I haven't seen the movie and have no idea what could tie it to energy. Any ideas? Or is the plan to scrap the theme all together?
The infinity gems.

Herbie

I just don't like the idea of Marvel at DHS. When it comes to including male centric action franchises that I have no real enthusiasm for, Star Wars [and Indy] is enough [and welcome]. At least it has the cache. Adding Guardians feels redundant. Give the brand to another park. And just burn Energy.

TyTrap

I apologize if this has been addressed already but wouldn't Disney be breaching a contract with USO if they build a Marvel themed attraction in WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom