Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobovampire

It's just always going be that disjointed suddenly Marvel/Guardians IP in the midst of Future World until Wonders inevitably becomes the Wonders if the Inhumans (as Disney/Marvel is puuuuuuuuuuuushing) exhibit and Mission:Space becomes Mission:Asgard-Loki At Large. I feel like the Lands and Seas are relatively safe.
Though, Imagination could afford a Rainbow Road, maybe give that the Thor-over and give Mission Space over to Thanos. Communicore could be the Avengers A.I. bit so we can have Paul Bettany voicing everywhere. Or Tony Stark's Super Awesome Build Your Own Mech-Suit Interactive Exhibit with Pepper Potts, CEO. Or T'Challa, see-how-more-advanced-Wakanda-is-than-your-country exhibits. Tons of engineer scientists in Marvel. Used to have a Bruce but you know.

Endless. Possibilties are endless.

Variable

You were harsh? It's all good discussion. No offense taken. I do care about EPCOT, and I do want continue involvement with inventions and innovation. I don't want a ride to just pop up. I just believe that what they had going on has run its course, that's all.

Yes, I feel I was. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

I am a work in progress
I am human

I am Variable. (said in my best Groot voice)

Variable

For all the EPCOT fans Thomas Wolfe said it best, "You can't go home again".

Or to put it another way, EPCOT nostalgia has an inaccurately positive bias.

Yes, there is some truth to this, but I wouldn't put in accurate there. Positive bias is enough.

Ripken10

It looks like you took some time to try to explain something interesting. But, I'm missing the context of these post, why is this in an Guardians at EPCOT post?
I did too...but thought maybe he was responding to someone I have on ignore. At least I am not the only one!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It looks like you took some time to try to explain something interesting. But, I'm missing the context of these post, why is this in an Guardians at EPCOT post?

I got my Guardians threads mixed up, these pictures were in response to the debate over the Monorail going around the Matterhorn in DL from the other Guardians thread. I was trying to bring some levity to the thread but probably confused people more by putting them here. I have deleted the posts.

Last edited:

jakeman

I got my Guardians threads mixed up, these pictures were in response to the debate over the Monorail going around the Matterhorn in DL from the other Guardians thread. I was trying to bring some levity to the thread but probably confused people more by putting them here. I have deleted the posts.
Not sure what the issue is. There is only 3 of them going on right now. ;)

KINGLOUIS1993

This will probably be an unpopular post but I am glad about the GOTG overhaul, I visited Epcot in Feb and just felt it lacked something, It was my ninth time and just seemed different. I still enjoy World Showcase for the food and diversity and the celebration of different cultures. But the Future World area just seems a bit "bleurgh" almost like I wouldn't really care if any of the current rides were replaced or changed (I actually preferred the old test track tbh). I think the GOTG overhaul will be really good, I have never been a fan of UOE so won't miss it.

RobidaFlats

This will probably be an unpopular post but I am glad about the GOTG overhaul, I visited Epcot in Feb and just felt it lacked something, It was my ninth time and just seemed different. I still enjoy World Showcase for the food and diversity and the celebration of different cultures. But the Future World area just seems a bit "bleurgh" almost like I wouldn't really care if any of the current rides were replaced or changed (I actually preferred the old test track tbh). I think the GOTG overhaul will be really good, I have never been a fan of UOE so won't miss it.

Believe it or not, your sentiment probably wouldn't be that unpopular with many EPCOT Center lovers when taken as you wrote it. The current Epcot (FW in particular) is in pretty bad shape. Not many (I would hope) would like to see it kept as is. Many of us would like it to go back towards the vision of EPCOT Center, but that isn't happening, and we're still not happy about the incoherent mess that exists now.

So if I can't have it back, I would at least like to see it move in a direction away from the zombified-corpse of what it was. A longing for the ways of the past doesn't always mean that the present is preferable to the future.

RiceCrispyMickey

It's just always going be that disjointed suddenly Marvel/Guardians IP in the midst of Future World until Wonders inevitably becomes the Wonders if the Inhumans (as Disney/Marvel is puuuuuuuuuuuushing) exhibit and Mission:Space becomes Mission:Asgard-Loki At Large.

I actually kind of think you could tie Mission space in with a Guardians of the galaxy ride and maybe something else new over that side of the park and call it the 'space' section of the park. You already have 'the land' and you have 'the seas' so you could have 'the cosmos' or something else as another area. Sure, guardians of the galaxy isn't exactly likely to be educational or anything but it could *very* broadly go in with that kind of theme. And then the thing over there thats more out of place is test track, which I suppose could just be its own little stand alone area. You could then stop calling the whole area future world, and just have your 4 'sections' if you like, the land, the sea, the cosmos and world showcase.

KINGLOUIS1993

Believe it or not, your sentiment probably wouldn't be that unpopular with many EPCOT Center lovers when taken as you wrote it. The current Epcot (FW in particular) is in pretty bad shape. Not many (I would hope) would like to see it kept as is. Many of us would like it to go back towards the vision of EPCOT Center, but that isn't happening, and we're still not happy about the incoherent mess that exists now.

So if I can't have it back, I would at least like to see it move in a direction away from the zombified-corpse of what it was. A longing for the ways of the past doesn't always mean that the present is preferable to the future.

Thanks for the reply :)

I used to love it up until my last visit, I just couldn't put my finger on why didn't this year. The Zombie description pretty much sums it up for me, it is stuck in sort of limbo between old and new with no definitive purpose or direction. Even the Seas area seemed strange, I went in Feb so I knew the land area would have been lacking without Soarin'.

Just out of interest what would you change? (I understand this may be many, many things)

RobidaFlats

Thanks for the reply :)

I used to love it up until my last visit, I just couldn't put my finger on why didn't this year. The Zombie description pretty much sums it up for me, it is stuck in sort of limbo between old and new with no definitive purpose or direction. Even the Seas area seemed strange, I went in Feb so I knew the land area would have been lacking without Soarin'.

Just out of interest what would you change? (I understand this may be many, many things)

If I had my way, I would change the purpose and vision. I would like to see a return to inspiration and yes, even edutainment. I like that the Magic Kingdom is predicated upon the suspension of disbelief and the transportation to a fantasy world that will never be. I want Epcot to once again be a place that doesn't ask you to suspend your belief, but to suspend your skepticism. I want Epcot to showcase the world in which we live and highlight the successes of our past and present with the aim to inspire new successes in our future.

What that looks like in terms of specific attractions is of less interest to me. If I could describe the details of what I want, then the imagineers serve no purpose and can't live up to their legend. I want them to wow and inspire me in ways that I don't even realize I want.

My perfect vacation would do two things:

1. Let me escape the world for a little while and forget about the troubles of daily life. (Magic Kingdom)
2. Inspire me to go back to the troubles of daily life and tackle them head on with optimism, imagination and resolve. (EPCOT Center)

Maybe not what you were looking for, but I tried to keep it brief (not one of my strong suits).

KINGLOUIS1993

If I had my way, I would change the purpose and vision. I would like to see a return to inspiration and yes, even edutainment. I like that the Magic Kingdom is predicated upon the suspension of disbelief and the transportation to a fantasy world that will never be. I want Epcot to once again be a place that doesn't ask you to suspend your belief, but to suspend your skepticism. I want Epcot to showcase the world in which we live and highlight the successes of our past and present with the aim to inspire new successes in our future.

What that looks like in terms of specific attractions is of less interest to me. If I could describe the details of what I want, then the imagineers serve no purpose and can't live up to their legend. I want them to wow and inspire me in ways that I don't even realize I want.

My perfect vacation would do two things:

1. Let me escape the world for a little while and forget about the troubles of daily life. (Magic Kingdom)
2. Inspire me to go back to the troubles of daily life and tackle them head on with optimism, imagination and resolve. (EPCOT Center)

Maybe not what you were looking for, but I tried to keep it brief (not one of my strong suits).

That was fine mate, I agree also. I did used to get the WOW factor from Epcot, especially when I was younger and I used to thing of how far we have come and how far we can go. What is being done now and what is being done in ten, a hundred years time etc...

asianway

It's just always going be that disjointed suddenly Marvel/Guardians IP in the midst of Future World until Wonders inevitably becomes the Wonders if the Inhumans (as Disney/Marvel is puuuuuuuuuuuushing) exhibit and Mission:Space becomes Mission:Asgard-Loki At Large. I feel like the Lands and Seas are relatively safe.
Though, Imagination could afford a Rainbow Road, maybe give that the Thor-over and give Mission Space over to Thanos. Communicore could be the Avengers A.I. bit so we can have Paul Bettany voicing everywhere. Or Tony Stark's Super Awesome Build Your Own Mech-Suit Interactive Exhibit with Pepper Potts, CEO. Or T'Challa, see-how-more-advanced-Wakanda-is-than-your-country exhibits. Tons of engineer scientists in Marvel. Used to have a Bruce but you know.

Endless. Possibilties are endless.
Except for that pesky contract

hobovampire

I actually kind of think you could tie Mission space in with a Guardians of the galaxy ride and maybe something else new over that side of the park and call it the 'space' section of the park. You already have 'the land' and you have 'the seas' so you could have 'the cosmos' or something else as another area. Sure, guardians of the galaxy isn't exactly likely to be educational or anything but it could *very* broadly go in with that kind of theme. And then the thing over there thats more out of place is test track, which I suppose could just be its own little stand alone area. You could then stop calling the whole area future world, and just have your 4 'sections' if you like, the land, the sea, the cosmos and world showcase.

That's not terrible actually. Okay, this grouch has turned her head a little bit your way. I do wish it was Wonders of Life that got the cut first as it is so deAD unless you're eating and drinking enough to rival Dionysus. See how it does, then put the knife to everything else.
Will always love Bill and Ellen, I've always been a fan because, well, simply I love Bill. Listening to him do anything is amazing. My generation he was, watching on that rolly telly in class.

Nostalgia nostalgia, tis the tune we all have and forever shall be. As I am a new member maybe I can be given slight reprieve in asking but surely Ellen and Bill would jump at a chance to update. They're both still kickin and Bill would never say no to teachin' someone and Ellen would never say no for a chance to be funny. Then again, do I know them personally? Sure do not, so. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom