News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Man, that is fugly. But it does match the rest of "Innoventions." šŸ¤”

Sherman Williams called. They want their "Lung Infection Green #104" back. šŸ¤£

Seriously though... Is that how they're going to hide a HUGE cube? Painting it "go away green" on the bottom and sky blue on top? LOL.

Did you just wake up from a four month coma?

RandySavage

This pic shocked me:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxzbDivXcAAKeXI.jpg
I knew this thing was gonna be bad, but I didn't realize it was as tall as spaceship earth. Worst eyesore in DisCompany history... I honestly can't think of one worse anywhere... nothing even close. At least hideous hotels (like the Paradise Pier Hotel) aren't bizarrely tall, blank warehouses. And RnR is softened by its surrounding buildings.

This box should never have been a consideration, much less green-lit. Chapek & Iger, Lords of the Philistines.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

This pic shocked me:
I knew this thing was gonna be bad, but I didn't realize it was as tall as spaceship earth. Worst eyesore in DisCompany history... I honestly can't think of one worse anywhere... nothing even close. At least hideous hotels (like the Paradise Pier Hotel) aren't bizarrely tall, blank warehouses. And RnR is softened by its surrounding buildings.

This box should never have been a consideration, much less green-lit. Chapek & Iger, Lords of the Philistines.

That picture doesnā€™t reflect how it looks in relation to Spaceship Earth in person.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I don't really get the opening date as it relates to the speed of work. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster was about this far along and opened a year later.

It's likely timed so that they have something big to open in 2021. WDW and DL are learning the hard way this year that attendance drops when a really big thing is going to open, so, it's better to have something big every year. And they can claim it as being part of WDW's 50th anniversary and Epcot's 40th.

This pic shocked me:
I knew this thing was gonna be bad, but I didn't realize it was as tall as spaceship earth.

While I'm not going to argue that it's unobtrusive, that photo puts it in the worst perspective. Looking down with the larger object in front can make both objects look the same size and a zoom picture makes objects look like they're right next to each other. The box is actually 2/3 the height of SE.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
This pic shocked me:

Here's a better perspective (not saying it's not hella huge, but, it's not putting it in the worst perspective possible...)

1548564102386.png

From @bioreconstruct.

1548564365920.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I get that the building is an eyesore in its current state. But I will hold out hope that it is not too noticeable while walking through the park.
Some really tall trees could still go in to block the building. Then it makes more sense to paint it blue so anything showing through the trees will blend in as sky. The key here is the trees would need to be quite tall.

Marc Davis Fan

Some really tall trees could still go in to block the building. Then it makes more sense to paint it blue so anything showing through the trees will blend in as sky. The key here is the trees would need to be quite tall.

Ponderosa pines (or similar) might be the best bet. They get tall, but they also stay skinny (rather that branches stretching out horizontally everywhere). Even though they wouldnā€™t fully block the building, their placement in the foreground would draw attention away from the ā€œbackgroundā€ (aka the building). The fact that the building is green at the bottom and sky-colored at the top would seem to indicate that theyā€™re almost certainly adding some type of trees around it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom