News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

smile

They stand up for MK's PotC.

oooh, low blow - but there's truth in what you say...
mk potc for me still, just barely, retains the art, magic, and quality emanating from the legends who built her

but it is the worst rendition currently operating and that magic is being slowly eroded

Kman101

For better or for worse.
simpsonsepcot1.png

It always seemed like while many liked Epcot, it always had the public perception of "that park that was a school lesson with all the slow rides". I mean, many shows did make fun of it.

Still love Epcot. Always have, always will.

Oh yeah, I agree with that. It was definitely made fun of and had a certain perception (much like Animal Kingdom seems to have a certain perception that doesn't go away for some) against it. But I love Epcot, what it was and could be again someday. I don't mind some IPs, but that's another debate for another thread.

smile

For better or for worse.
simpsonsepcot1.png

It always seemed like while many liked Epcot, it always had the public perception of "that park that was a school lesson with all the slow rides". I mean, many shows did make fun of it.

Still love Epcot. Always have, always will.

and i never quite understood why -
i mean, i get what they were saying, but, especially in retrospect, epcot was the antithesis of the 'souless corporation who only cares about you leaving with a toy' twdc they LOVE making fun of

it's also factually incorrect considering attendance in those years was phenomenal and the park had never been in better shape... i dare say it's current state isn't even worth parodying

Last edited:

Kman101

Oh the castle park fails in a lot of ways. It's disappointing compared to them all. Castle park to castle park is a totally different comparison.

But, as a whole, I don't find WDW as awful as some. (And they aren't at all where they should be but we all know that)

shortstop

Disneyland like for like blew even me away.

As did Parc Disneyland.

Magic Kingdom is still "my" park but in comparison it fails on so many levels.
I’ve found that you become more critical of the parks which you are more familiar with. I’ve been a DL Local (relatively) for a couple years and as time passes I more frequently find myself missing certain elements of MK.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I prefer a lot at WDW to DL and vice versa. Let's not turn this into another DL vs WDW thread.
Same. There is much at WDW that doesn't exist at DLR. And vice versa. MK is my park, AK is an under-appreciated gem of a theme park, and Epcot, even in it's current state, has gems unique to it (World Showcase, American Adventure, Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth....). I still get chills every time I walk through Innoventions plaza and hear the music and see the fountain. Even if it is a shell of it's former glory.

montyz81

and i never quite understood why -
i mean, i get what they were saying, but, especially in retrospect, epcot was the antithesis of the 'souless corporation who only cares about you leaving with a toy' twdc they LOVE making fun of

it's also factually incorrect considering attendance in those years was phenomenal and the park had never been in better shape... i dare say it's current state isn't even worth parodying
I have been saying this for years. Everyone loved to make fun of it, but many people went and actually enjoyed it. Who doesn't like to get their hands on new technology? Every ride with the hands on exhibits in addition to Communicore were just as immersive as MK rides that didn't have any hands on exhibits.

shortstop

When did they say that?
Their treatment of Horizons comes to mind. Closing it due to lack of interest even though the problem was that they refused to update it. The same can be said for UoE, Maelstrom, and GMR (Not Epcot, I know) and I’m sure many other beloved attractions that have closed.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Their treatment of Horizons comes to mind. Closing it due to lack of interest even though the problem was that they refused to update it. The same can be said for UoE, Maelstrom, and GMR (Not Epcot, I know) and I’m sure many other beloved attractions that have closed.
Yeah but what does any of that have to do with Walt's family? Truth be told, if they had kept running Disney, Disney likely would have been acquired and the parks sold off.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Well Chapek did say it needed to be “more timeless, more relevant, more family friendly, more Disney.” I took that’s as a repudiation and condemnation of the concept (original concept) of Epcot.

Pretty damning evidence. The words "more Disney" jabs like a knife in the back to die-hard Disney fans and a knife in the chest of The Imagineering Greats that built things not to be "More Disney" but to be unique. Seems that concept is lost on today's Disney. I don't think we'll ever see a return to form. Least not under the Bobs.

ToTBellHop

Pretty damning evidence. The words "more Disney" jabs like a knife in the back to die-hard Disney fans and a knife in the chest of The Imagineering Greats that built things not to be "More Disney" but to be unique. Seems that concept is lost on today's Disney. I don't think we'll ever see a return to form. Least not under the Bobs.
It es me of. The concept of Epcot has a clear time setting (which obviously differs between the two “lands”), it was relevant as long as Disney was willing to invest to make it so, it was far more family-friendly than the current hodge-pudge of thrill rides with height requirements, and it was the epitome of “Disney” because it is arguably the best concept and most-ambitious project ever created by Walt Disney Imagineering, attempting to deliver on Walt’s actual vision for the “Florida Project”. To dismiss it with such broad strokes reveals a management team that despises its own product.

I don’t give two schnitzels if Peter Quill peed in the Fountain of Nations when he was 4. I pulled my pants down in the Horizons queue when I was 3 and Oprah didn’t show up to hand me a ride, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom