Growing to like an attraction

earldw28

Original Poster
Has anyone ever hated or disliked an attraction the first time they went on it and it is now one of your favorites? Soarin' is like that for me. I cant say I hated it but I didnt care for it much and now it's one of my favorites. I wish they would change the film to Florida or America which I'm sure will happen eventually.

jt04

RnRC almost killed me the first time I rode it. Don't ever ride in the the back of a half filled car. EVER!!!! :eek: Since then it has always been great and the padding is much better. Great Ride.

PS-I am not exagerrating

figmentmom

Tomorrowland Transit Authority grows on you like that. The first time we rode it, it was so low-key compared to most other MK attractions that we were thoroughly underwhelmed. However, now it's one of our all-time favorite rides - relaxing, never a wait, great views, a terrific break in a hectic day!

wvdisneyfamily

I have two attractions that have grown on me. I didn't understand all of the fuss with Peter Pan when I rode it the first time. I asked DH what the big deal was and he said "little kids think they're flying". Then, I rode it again and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I adore Peter Pan now. The other ride is Thunder Mountain. I just though it was an ehhhh... ride. However, the first night I was in the Magic Kingdom, I rode it again. Thunder Mountain at night really changed my outlook. I still prefer to ride it at night, but I enjoy the day version as well now.

DaisyKate

RnRC almost killed me the first time I rode it. Don't ever ride in the the back of a half filled car. EVER!!!! :eek: Since then it has always been great and the padding is much better. Great Ride.

PS-I am not exagerrating

Back of a half filled car? What happens when the car is half filled??

disney111

All the Fantasyland attractions have grown on me. Because the first time I went on them I thought they were short and not worth the wait but in time I've grown to like them and find them charming.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
It's definitely not one of my favorites by any means, but the Gran Fiesta is finally growing on me a bit. I've had to look at it as if I had never been on the original ride in order to enjoy it for what it is, and I'm starting to get used to it now. It actually makes me chuckle here and there.

bgraham34

I never really liked Stitch, but you know what that has grown on me. Yeah grew on me like a wart that you can't get rid of.

HollyBelle

I'd have to say Test Track. I didn't hate it at first, I was just underwhelmed by it. Now, it seems that everytime I ride it I enjoy it a little more than the last time!

coltow

I have 2. First TTA, when we were little my mom loved it so we always HAD to ride. It was boring to me (especially as a teen), just sitting there riding around Tomorrowland. Now it's a not miss for our family. It's a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the rest of MK. We have even "stayed on" for a few cycles because DS can easliy relax on it and sometimes he really needs a break.

Second is IASW. Again as a kid my mom and grandmother LOVED it. Oh, that song, "please, no nana we don't want to." Again this has turned into a must every trip. It's partially sentimental, because my grandmother is no longer here, I now hear the song and immediately think of her. There is also something that draws kids to this attraction. DS loves to se the "kids" singing. I now even find myself singing it to my baby as a lullaby.

k.hunter30

When I was a "too-cool-pre-teen" I thought the Jungle Cruise was stupid. I love it now, the jokes are great!

Regarding the OP, Soarin', for me was an amazing ride when I rode it for the first time years ago in California Adventure. When I heard it was coming to WDW I was so excited. But once I get there and rode it, it was like... "eh..." The novelty of it definitely wore off for me.

pacochran

For my DS it was Splash Mountain, he hated the first time 6 years ago and last year he loved it and road it 4 times.

I've kind of had the opposite happen I loved RaRC the first few times I road it but last time it made me sick.

wardpr68

CoP i didn't like much the first time. But now I love it.

Also TTA.... love it now. Have to drag the person i am with on it. They still dont understand why I love it.

Disneyfanman

For my kids, it COP. They thought ehhhhhhh the first time, and now it's an absolute must see every trip. Our family belts out the theme song to the irritation of others in the theater. COP IS Disney!

IASW is the same way. We have to hit it every time. And these days we really enjoy it.

Laura

Premium Member
For me it's all the shows. I used to be die hard RIDES RIDES RIDES. Now I LOVE the shows, and the parades too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom