Group activity for little league team?

seansdad

Our little league team will be be going to WDW world over Labor day weekend. I am trying to find an event for one evening that the entire team could do. It would be about 40 people including 11 8 year old boys....

Am I crazy? Any ideas?

Nemo14

Our little league team will be be going to WDW world over Labor day weekend. I am trying to find an event for one evening that the entire team could do. It would be about 40 people including 11 8 year old boys....

Am I crazy? Any ideas?
It's probably too late to book the Hoop-Dee Do Revue for that many people, but you could try that. Or maybe take them to the campfire & movie at Ft. Wilderness (it's free!).

Perhaps a night at Disney Quest?

just a few suggestions...

Upvote 0

dteed

Go to the All-Star Cafe at WWS after one of your games, lots of sports memorabelia and TVs with sports on them. We have been with baseball teams twice and hockey once. It is hard to get everyone together in one place but the All Star Cafe was very good about it.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Go tour the Worlds in EPCOT together and watch Illuminations.
That would be great.

With 40 people you are not going to get ADR's at this point.
EPCOT World Showcase has room for 40.

:)

Upvote 0

cb3k

If the kids do not have park passes, it may be neat to take them down to the Boardwalk (located near EPCOT just behind the Disney's Boardwalk Resort)...There you all can eat at the ESPN Zone (there is a lot of neat signed memorabilia, a place where they can surely see a lot of their favorite athletes mounted on the walls), and if you time it right you could come out...catch Illuminations Reflections of Earth fireworks which will be happening just over Epcot (you will be just yards away from the fireworks themselves), from there you can walk the boardwalk and enjoy the entertainers (comedian magician, juggler, etc..) grab an ice cream cone or a churro from a street vendor and call it a night...This is a cheap and easy way to entertain them.

Upvote 0

seansdad

Original Poster
Thanks all. The kids will have park passes, and will spend two days in the parks. I am trying to pull off one evening event for the whole group. I know it is getting late, but we just decided to do this a few weeks ago....

Upvote 0

schewy

I would take them to Disney Quest. A five story building in Downtown Disney that is nothing but video games. If you have the water park and more option on your tickets it is included otherwise it cost about 30 dollars a peice. However, once inside everybody could do their own thing and it is a safe enviroment. Most kids love the games and they have other stuff inside too all for one price.

Upvote 0

davidpw97

I agree with miniature golf but I would definitly call the course ahead of time and let them know your plans. On a busy weekend like that the courses will probably be packed and a round of miniature golf for that many people could take hours. Also if you call them, they might be able to set aside a special time for you all to show up when it won't be so crowded. I would also check out the other courses in the area and not just the Disney ones, with that many people someone is bound to give you a deal. If you want to stay on property then I would also suggest going to a movie or just letting the kids run around downtown disney for a night. If you were going to go off property then I would suggest going to Old town or go to a dinner show of some sort, Medievel Times or Dixie Stampede, those could both accomodate such a large group.

Upvote 0

seansdad

Original Poster
Thanks for all the ideas. I am still trying to work something out. I would like something special. For example, I saw where you could rent a 50 passenger boat at Epcot. But I cannot reach anyone who knows anything about it...

It seems like WDW is staffed to help families or really large groups. We are a small group....

I did get information from Dixie Stampede. We may do that.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Thanks for all the ideas. I am still trying to work something out. I would like something special. For example, I saw where you could rent a 50 passenger boat at Epcot. But I cannot reach anyone who knows anything about it...

It seems like WDW is staffed to help families or really large groups. We are a small group....

Haven't heard of a 50-passenger boat rental - most hold 10 to 12 people I think.

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Some nice dining options would be the Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue (not likely to get in at this point, though) or the ESPN Club on the Boardwalk (baseball team and all). There are fireworks cruises, but they can be expensive. There's also the campfire at Fort Wilderness. You could also just do a dinner at the ESPN Club or one of the other Epcot area restaurants, and then all gather in World Showcase to watch Illuminations. I believe they can do catered events in WS for Illuminations as well, but I'm sure that is ridiculously expensive.

As far as offsite, there's always Dixie Stampede and Medieval Times.

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

:eek:

If you are driving... better hook up the extra long U-HAUL trailer and fill it with $$$. Thats how much it would cost to rent a 50 passenger boat if they even have one.:eek:

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Am I crazy? Any ideas?
The boys themselves may be interested in the Pirate Cruise from the Grand Floridian resort.
Adults do not accompany the children, but they would get to ride in a boat & go on a treasure hunt!
:D :wave:

Upvote 0

seansdad

Original Poster
"If you are driving... better hook up the extra long U-HAUL trailer and fill it with $$$. Thats how much it would cost to rent a 50 passenger boat if they even have one."

They show a 50 passenger boat that can be rented out in Epcot. (A catered event.) I am sure it would not be cheap. But I wanted to see if I could come up with something really special. However, we have our trip booked through Disney sports, not through Magic gatherings, so I cannot even get anyone to give me a price.....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom