Grocery Delivery Recommendation

grocebride

My family and I will be staying in Kidani Village soon and want to have groceries delivered. I use Walmart grocery pickup regularly at home, usually without hiccups, so I'm leaning towards using Walmart Grocery Delivery during our stay. Any reason not to use Walmart? Any better recommendations?

Nottamus

Garden Grocer as stated above...

OR..Minnie Van to Target, Walmart, or Formosa Gardens (had a food store) right on 192, like 5 minutes away from AKL.

We stay at Jambo twice a year, we drive, so heading out is easier for us....when we need supplies.

That light right at entrance to AKL, that is SHERBERTH rd. make a right...goes right to 192. make a right and next light is Grocery store.

Upvote 0

Janir

Just used Amazon Prime Now at Kidani last month with no hitches. Was able to build a cart of stuff few days leading up to vacation, then when we touched down I placed the order for a free two hours window delivery. Was smooth and easy and even had 2 bottles of wine delivered and accepted on my behalf.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

Garden Grocer as stated above...

OR..Minnie Van to Target, Walmart, or Formosa Gardens (had a food store) right on 192, like 5 minutes away from AKL.

We stay at Jambo twice a year, we drive, so heading out is easier for us....when we need supplies.

That light right at entrance to AKL, that is SHERBERTH rd. make a right...goes right to 192. make a right and next light is Grocery store.

Minnie Van goes to these stores? I thought that they only stayed on property.

Upvote 0

debpeduz

I have used Garden Grocer in the past too and it has always been great. But, even with early order placing, they are very expensive. I’m glad someone posted about this because I was thinking about using Walmart for my next trip but wasn’t sure.

Upvote 0

awoogala

We used instacart- cheap, fast, lots of store choices, and alcohol! Just met them at the front. We used GG years ago, but I think the prices are a bit much these days.

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

Another option is to hire a a personal local shopper - I use Fairytale Shoppers. They charge a one time fee that is very reasonable (last Dec. it was $20) and they will go to any store you want, buy anything you want. They even go to Costco, I had them go to Walmart and Costco and got things like saran wrap, cotton balls, and cough syrup as well as food. They set up a delivery time, and if you need to change it you just text them. They bring it to the lobby of any resort. We used to use Uber to go get our stuff, but this turns out to be almost the same price as the Uber (there and back) and we don't have to use trip time to shop. Highly recommend!

Upvote 0

awoogala

Are they able to leave it with front desk if you aren't around?
If there is no alcohol, yes. (though at AOA, it was at the bell desk, not the front desk). With alcohol, you need to be there to show proof. But we honestly just hit "order" while at the airport, and picked the time our Magical Transportation was set to arrive, and they were there to deliver when we got to the hotel.
I've also done it after we've arrived- and just picked a window while we are at the hotel.
You can add things in your cart a week or two before, then just hit the order when you want it- it's a lot more flexible.

Upvote 0

Joeamc

My family and I will be staying in Kidani Village soon and want to have groceries delivered. I use Walmart grocery pickup regularly at home, usually without hiccups, so I'm leaning towards using Walmart Grocery Delivery during our stay. Any reason not to use Walmart? Any better recommendations?
Amazon is great. I have been using them the last few trips. I place the order when I arrive to Orlando at airport or on magical express and the order is there in 2 hours. I have used garden grocer. they were always good but in my opinion overpriced, and if you don't place order days before, you won't get delivery time or day you want. I have also used instacart. They were good also, but similar problems to garden grocer. I say Amazon wins hands down.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Amazon is great. I have been using them the last few trips. I place the order when I arrive to Orlando at airport or on magical express and the order is there in 2 hours. I have used garden grocer. they were always good but in my opinion overpriced, and if you don't place order days before, you won't get delivery time or day you want. I have also used instacart. They were good also, but similar problems to garden grocer. I say Amazon wins hands down.

I was following this thread out of curiosity, and I think you just sold me on Amazon Prime Now for our upcoming trip. I just checked it out, and the prices are pretty comparable to our local supermarket. :) In the past, we've bought food from home for breakfast/snacks and just bought things like milk at the [high-priced] hotel shop. We'd pay no more for Amazon Prime Now delivery than we were paying before, and we won't have to tote all that food from home. Plus, we could get a bottle of wine or two!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom