Grocery delivery, any advice?

Muppetmom

Hi All,

So we are now at 38 days and counting till our big trip. i was thinking about having some groceries delivered to the hotel for our week there. Things like water, some juice and munchies and some granola bars .
( We will be traveling with two walking stomachs, who have cleverly impersonated 12 year olds. So muchies will be needed!) :slurp:

Does anyone have any words of wisdom on which stores deliver and what the delivery fee's are?

Thanks for your assistance
:xmas::wave::xmas::wave::xmas::wave:

Trishnh

Being I have travelled with children of all ages, as well as my own 2 year old, I have always shipped my "food" by UPS. Granted I get a discount as my company has a contract with them now, but before they did, I paid the full price and it was still cheaper.

For example, I purchased 3 six packs of 24oz pepsi bottles for $9 when on sale at Target. Shipping them let's say with a total of 10 lbs in the box would cost about $4 with the employee discount, $6 without. So broken down, the bottles cost 50 cents each, plus about 33 cents a bottle (at most). That's less than a dollar a bottle that you are going to pay $2+ for at the parks (not to mention the bottles I got were bigger than the 20oz in the parks.

This is especially helpful when you have a baby or toddler - but your foods on sale at home - you pay an arm and a leg when ordering them online!

Going on Saturday, I have shipped all my boxes out (3 for me, 2 for friends) and they will all be at the resort when I arrive. No need to transport diapers, water, soda or snacks!!!!!!

How do you figure $6 to ship UPS? If I go to their website to get a price for a 10lb box it comes out to $50! Definitely not worth it! I would love to do this but not at that cost. Am I doing something wrong??

Upvote 0

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
Last year when I went, we shipped a box of snacks & h20 to ourselves at Beach Club. You need to include the name your reservation is under and the date you will arrive. If you call your resort and ask them, they will tell you exactly what to put on the box and the address.

My box weighed about 20lbs. H2O is heavy and we also shipped shampoo, soap, and other liquid hair stuff to avoid the hassle at the airport. Shipping via UPS ground, it cost us $30 and was waiting for us upon arrival. I shipped it about 2 weeks before we were to arrive, and since there were no perishables, it didnt matter that it sat for a few days. We took our alcohol with us beacuse shipping alcohol is tricky and varies from state to state. I wrap it in a pillow, pack it in a duffle bag and check it in, you wont have any trouble, I do this ALL THE TIME. Then on return I have an empty bag to carry on all my treasures that I have purchased.

*******If I recall correctly, it was UPS Ground. I went to a shipping place that offered all methods of shipping (Fed Ex, UPS, US Postal, and every other shipping service you can think of) I just told her to use whatever method was cheaper and that could be tracked.*******

Upvote 0

johnralow

Packed suitcase with snacks?

Has anyone ever packed a hard-topped suitcase with snacks and checked it on your flight? Are there regulations that restrict this? We are considering this option. Not sure what the air pressure would do to soda in cans or plastic bottles if anything.

Thoughts?

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

I am afraid of putting my car seat aged daughter on ME since there are no seatbelts so we do the car service. The grocery stop was free and we didn't have to bring bulky things like snacks and diapers in our suitcases.
How do you get from your resort to the parks? I'll assume you take Disney Transport buses at least some of the time.

Why is one safe and the other not? The answer is they're either both safe or both unsafe. If you find them both unsafe, then your only safe alternative is to rent a car so she can be in a car seat 100% of the time.

Do you understand what I'm saying? I don't want you to have the illusion of feeling safe, if you are uncomfortable with your daughter being unrestrained on a bus of any kind.

Please let me know ... do you use Disney Transport buses? And if you do, why are you OK with those and not OK with DME buses?

Upvote 0
Goodings Delivers to All Disney Reorts, with a $50 minimun, and a $20 delivery charge. Thier not cheap, a 12 pack of soda is usually $4.99. You can shop on line, and specify a delivery date.

Upvote 0
How do you figure $6 to ship UPS? If I go to their website to get a price for a 10lb box it comes out to $50! Definitely not worth it! I would love to do this but not at that cost. Am I doing something wrong??

Sounds like you got a price for an air shipment. Just priced a 10lb box form NH to FL and got $11.88 for ground service, 3 days in transit.

20lb = 18.81

50lb = 40.38

Upvote 0

DisneyFan1003

Garden grocer is amazing. I use them every trip, and I have never had a problem. There prices are fair, and if you don't have anything that needs to stay cold they will leave it at the bell stand and you can get t when yo return to your room. Hope this help, and if you need more information about GG feel free to hit me up!

I actually just contacted Garden Grocer today with a question about our upcoming trip to SSR - they confirmed the $40 min and $12 delivery and stated that they could indeed leave your order with bell services (and they would keep things cold)! Looks like their prices are fairly decent as well.

Upvote 0

righttrack

Garden Grocer rocks!
Every trip we purchase several cases of water, nuts, breakfast bars, fruit, and other snacks and necessities. It usually arrives in our room before we do. It save a lot of money. You can't take a cab to and from a grocery store for less than $30.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

I have a question about the garden grocer. We are thinking about doing it next time. Last time we used the limited order form off the dvc website and it was pretty spendy.

If you are in your room when they deliver the groceries are you supposed to tip them above the delivery charge? If you are not in your room and they just leave it with bell services, are they upset that they didn't get another tip?

Upvote 0

cpeters

Grocery Delivery

Last year we used Garden Grocer. The form that is online does not have all of the products that are available. I actually called and placed my order over the phone.
The groceries were at the resort when we arrived. The Poly. Resort actually put the bags in a cooler if the items needed to stay cold.
When you pay for the groceries after you place an order there is an option to leave a tip. We left a 10 dollar tip and everyone seemed happy.
We have 2 year old twins and garden grocer was a life saver. we were able to get alot of the stuff we needed delivered instead of packing it in suitcases.
I would definatley use it again!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

hansel1

I would have to throw my 2 cents in for garden grocer. We loved the convenience and they contact you when your order is dropped off at the resort.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom