Gringotts

StageFrenzy

So I rode Gringotts for the first time yesterday! Queue and other experience A+. Loading area awesome, I don't know why universal doesn't do the separate load and unload though. The ride I would give a B-. It has its moments but falls flat some of the time. The music at the end feels a little too self congratulatory, The fact that they are blasting it at over 120 db doesn't help either. The only other nitpick that I have about it. Is the merge point for the two elevators. It's not that bad but it's a little hectic there if you're in the right elevator.

Mike S

So I rode Gringotts for the first time yesterday! Queue and other experience A+. Loading area awesome, I don't know why universal doesn't do the separate load and unload though. The ride I would give a B-. It has its moments but falls flat some of the time. The music at the end feels a little too self congratulatory, The fact that they are blasting it at over 120 db doesn't help either. The only other nitpick that I have about it. Is the merge point for the two elevators. It's not that bad but it's a little hectic there if you're in the right elevator.
The music at the end also seems like it ends too early. A bit of awkward silence as you go to unload.

Ranch Dressing

Im at the Studios right now. Wait says 50 minutes but it was just under 30 for Gringotts. Im a little surprised how it seems a little on the slow side. Now would be a great time to be here.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Im at the Studios right now. Wait says 50 minutes but it was just under 30 for Gringotts. Im a little surprised how it seems a little on the slow side. Now would be a great time to be here.
All of Orlando is slow apparently the last week. Soarin a dropped to 15 one afternoon....

Also helps that the attraction is becoming more bedded in.

StageFrenzy

All of Orlando is slow apparently the last week. Soarin a dropped to 15 one afternoon....

Also helps that the attraction is becoming more bedded in.
I am assuming they are running 5 RV's, because when I returned to load the RV went to the opposite load station.

Nick Wilde

Went to Uni Sep. 22nd. Had EPA with AP, so at DA, it was a ghost town. Had a 15 min wait for EFG. Did EFG for the first time and claiming it's a "high-speed roller coaster" is insane. There is 1 coaster element where you drop 15 feet and do a few turns. The rest is a simulator, along with the other "coaster element," which, if you pay enough attention and look hard enough, you can tell you're hardly moving and it's just a bunch of wind in your face. I can hardly tell what anyone is saying in the ride, and the ride was EXTREMELY over-hyped. That being said, it was still an action-packed motion sim, I'm usually not a fan of those, but it was good enough to land on my to-do list from now on.

StageFrenzy

Went to Uni Sep. 22nd. Had EPA with AP, so at DA, it was a ghost town. Had a 15 min wait for EFG. Did EFG for the first time and claiming it's a "high-speed roller coaster" is insane. There is 1 coaster element where you drop 15 feet and do a few turns. The rest is a simulator, along with the other "coaster element," which, if you pay enough attention and look hard enough, you can tell you're hardly moving and it's just a bunch of wind in your face. I can hardly tell what anyone is saying in the ride, and the ride was EXTREMELY over-hyped. That being said, it was still an action-packed motion sim, I'm usually not a fan of those, but it was good enough to land on my to-do list from now on.
I feel like that is a pretty spot on review, as far as overhyped at least it delivered more than Antarctica at SW. What did you think of DA?

cheezbat

Gringotts is very good for what it is. Is it Mummy or Forbidden Journey level thrill? No. It starts off with a bang and ends leaving you wanting more. My only complaint is how quickly it ends and how anticlimactic the ending seems. I wish they would've incorporated something more thrilling in the ending.

Still a top ten ride...and one of my 5 must dos at the Uni parks.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Rode Gringott's 3 times on a short trip (Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, if you must know). I thought it was great. Calling it a coaster is, of course, overselling. It does have coaster track, so perhaps it technically qualifies, but it's really an advanced simulator (like Transformers) that happens to run on coaster track instead of some other kind of track. The coaster elements are used well, but anybody expecting a coaster will be disappointed in that aspect.

The ride actually got better each time I rode it, because I picked up the plot more. There is so much happening all around you that focusing on the dialogue and plot the first time through is really hard. But the second and third time, I was able to do that more, and I found myself discovering more enjoyable stuff each time. It's really well done in that, if you know the books, there are interesting tie-ins that make the experience richer, and if you don't, those references aren't intrusive.

They had it operating at a good clip when we rode. Don't know how many carts they were running, but the line Monday and Tuesday was about 30 minutes at 2-3 in the afternoon. Saturday night it was a walk-on, but that was a special case.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom