greetings from pirates

ISTCrew20

I rode it twice today. It was a really great update to the ride.

The fog screen was so neat. It surprised me that the boat went right under it. The new battle scene was surprising too. The air blasts are really powerful, and can be heard almost throughout the whole show building. The Sparrow AA's are awesome. The one in the very last scene is incredibly real.

The thing I was most impressed with was the way the score changed. The very beginning of the ride feels completely different. It's kinda scary actually. The music is creepy...the lighting is just right...you really feel a sense of danger. The Battle scene is scored perfectly too. The audio levels are just right. Everything is much more quiet than I remember, making it kind of frightening.

And they also have the Pirates (movie) score playing in all of Caribbean Plaza. It's a very nice touch.

And lines like I have never seen for pirates. All of Caribbean Plaza was filled with people waiting in the queue (around 2pm)

KevinPage

What the heck is Rob doing in Florida? I thought he "flew the coop" :drevil: and went to Virginia :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu

LostNametag

What a sweet ride! I had no idea it was open but I headed over anyway. Saw the Jack & Mack show, got pictures, still no idea it was open until I saw the wait time- 10 mins. I waited about 15ish- not bad. I was so excited! Too bad I was by myself. Anyway- Jack Sparrow- super awesome animatronics!! So happy Pirates is back up and better than ever!

LostNametag

Any chance the Jack Sparrow AA's are actual actors and not fake? 'Cause gee they look real... Now *that* would be Disney engineering/ imaginEaring at its finest...

Connor002

LostNametag said:
Any chance the Jack Sparrow AA's are actual actors and not fake? 'Cause gee they look real... Now *that* would be Disney engineering/ imaginEaring at its finest...
Uh... no it wouldn't.
Anyone can put an actor in a costume.

LostNametag

What I meant was making everyone believe that they were just really good animatronics...and it was sort of a joke. My way of saying they rock...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Got to MK about 7:30 and I went straight to PoTC when the park opened. The cast members at the entrance repeated about every 90 seconds that "The ride will officially open on July 7th. Please do not waste your whole day waiting for a ride that wont open for another 6 days." Myself along with about 50 others did not buy it. The ride opened about 9:45. I got on the first boat! Rode 3 times. The Jack AA is good that it is scary. I just got back to Jacksonville. Pictures are downloading and I will post soon.

dxwwf3

Master Yoda said:
Got to MK about 7:30 and I went straight to PoTC when the park opened. The cast members at the entrance repeated about every 90 seconds that "The ride will officially open on July 7th. Please do not waste your whole day waiting for a ride that wont open for another 6 days."

I hate when they do that :lol: Luckily I know better than to listen to it. If I hadn't I wouldn't have been able to ride the RNRC when I did for the first time.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
dxwwf3 said:
I hate when they do that :lol: Luckily I know better than to listen to it. If I hadn't I wouldn't have been able to ride the RNRC when I did for the first time.
Thanks to the many hours spent on the site I knew what the real deal was. I waited patiently and was well rewarded. I am surprised I did not see Rob. We must have just missed each other.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Here are the pictures. You will have to excuse the quality. I just got a new camera and I am still learning what it wants to do and what I can force it to do.

Captain Jack face character

07_01_06POTC182.jpg

Treasure Scene

07_01_06POTC061.jpg

Jack in the barrel

07_01_06POTC057.jpg

07_01_06POTC055.jpg

Dunking scene

07_01_06POTC054.jpg

07_01_06POTC053.jpg

07_01_06POTC039.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom